English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 01 January 2020, 00:51   #1
Alan Ribas

Command line for resolution on FS-UAE emulator

I recently set this emulator on my front end (Gameex).
When I run the emulator directly the game hits the top and bottom edges of the monitor. But when I run the emulator using the command line the image gets smaller on the screen. The game image does not reach the top and bottom edges of my monitor (photo attached). I know the problem has to do with resolution. Because it was happening when I ran the emulator directly. So when I changed the resolution the game reached the entire monitor area without stretching sideways.

currently my command line is this:

fs-uae.exe --fullscreen = 1 --keep_aspect = 1 - friend-model = CD32 --joystick-port-0-mode = "cd32 gamepad" --cdrom-drive-0 = "[ROMPATH] \ [ ROMFILE] "

I tried to add this command line (but it didn't work): --fullscreen_width = 1920 --fullscreen_height = 1080

Could someone tell me which command line I can use to configure game resolution on my monitor ???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	735.8 KB
ID:	65771  
Old 01 January 2020, 10:53   #2
Hewitson

Looks like it's just an NTSC game to me...
Old 01 January 2020, 18:31   #3
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

FS-UAE does not let you change the monitor resolution, it uses the current resolution. It's quite possible that Gameex changes the resolution before starting FS-UAE (?) but I don't know anything about that.
Old 02 January 2020, 13:55   #4
Alan Ribas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
FS-UAE does not let you change the monitor resolution, it uses the current resolution. It's quite possible that Gameex changes the resolution before starting FS-UAE (?) but I don't know anything about that.
I checked. But there are no resolution changes at the time when the FS UAE emulator is started by Gameex.

The image shown in the first photo (Which show the game at a size smaller than the edges of my monitor) was also the same image that appeared when I started the FS-UAE emulator directly. What made it change was when I changed this red circled option in the photo. After that all became normal. The image of the game hitting the top and bottom edges of my monitor.
Before the option was checked in "automatic", there was any resolution there (I think 692x540).

I believe that if I can command line send a command that changes the information in this red circled field I will get what I want.

The problem is that the information saved in the executable "fs-uae-launcher" is not entered in the other executable "fs-uae".

When I want to configure emulator FS-UAE I obviously use the "fs-uae-launcher" executable. But at the moment of starting it from the Gameex frontend I need to use the "fs-uae" executable. Because the moment I choose a game inside gameex it opens it immediately using "fs-uae".

A command line that changes the information I marked red in this last photo. Is there any?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	135
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	65795  
Old 02 January 2020, 17:11   #5
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Ah, right, then is misunderstood what you wanted to do. Now it is quite clear

The option circled in red corresponds to argument
--zoom=auto
. If you also want to stretch to fill the screen entirely, you can add
--stretch=1
Old 03 January 2020, 19:47   #6
Alan Ribas

Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Ah, right, then is misunderstood what you wanted to do. Now it is quite clear

The option circled in red corresponds to argument
--zoom=auto
. If you also want to stretch to fill the screen entirely, you can add
--stretch=1

Thank you. Worked perfectly.

Just a detail that has nothing to do with this post I made. After inserting the command line I did a test with Commodore CDTV's "Battlestorm" game. At some point in the emulation, right in the first phase of the game, the game freezes. I've been trying to play this game for a while. But even the latest update seems to still have issues in this part.
These are my settings:

FS-UAE-Suite_3.0.2_Windows_x86-64
Windows 10 updated.
Motherboard: Z170N Gaming 5
Processor: intel i5 6600.
Video Card: GTX 970

Thanks a lot for the help!