English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 21 May 2021, 11:50   #1
Rissy

Fate of Atlantis AutoSwap Saves not working

Has anyone else tried the Fate of Atlantis Autoswap version Keir has produced for us all?

From here: https://github.com/keirf/FF_AutoSwap/wiki/Downloads

I set my self up for it last night, and couldn't wait to have a go down memory lane.

It was late, and I should have been going to bed, so as soon as the game reached the point outside the theatre on the street, where your inventory menu first appears, I decided to save it there, to continue maybe tonight.

I pressed F1 to bring up the save/load menu options. Clicked in save spot 1 and typed in a name followed by clicking "save".

The game then proceeded to crash, giving an error expressing something that had exceeded 255 -7 or something.

This was accompanied by a red banner message giving right/left mouse button pressing options. It looked a bit like a guru meditation. No matter what I did, it had hung badly.

I rebooted the Amiga and loaded the game back up. My save game was still visible in the load/save menu window when I got to a point where I could press F1 again to bring that up. So it saved something to the save "disk".

However, clicking on that to load it up brought up the same mess as it originally crashed with. An expression of "255 -7" something.

Anyone else had this? I'd really like to play through this game again on Gotek.
Old 22 May 2021, 10:46   #2
Rissy

My mistake. It's working now.

I replaced my original Keir F provided save disk with the same again (no save attempts) and did things differently this time.

The mistake i made was to manually select the save disk location when it asked me to.

You don't do this with the Autoswap version.

You just proceed to the save option screen with your mouse and enter the details and the game takes care of everything else for you.

Clever chap Keir F, really. I'm gonna give him a donation because i'm using so much of his stuff, it's unreal.

He's really helped to make the Amiga live on in the 21st century!

Now if he can just fix Pinball Fantasies, i'd be elated!