English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 18 January 2007, 07:32   #1
VermillioN

Pinball Fantasies - high scores

Hmm having a strange problem with my original copy of Pinball Fantasies.. course disk 1 to be precise (partyland etc..)

Was having a big drunken gaming sesh a few weeks back saving high-scores and whatnot.. Somehow the the high scores from course disk 2 have been saved to course disk 1!! ie. after you insert course disk 1 at the main menu, and press spacebar, the high-scores and titles appear for the tables on course disk 2..

I seem to remember this happening over a decade ago with a copy I had back then.. it's fairly unlikely, but does anyone have a remedy for this?

My drunken parties will never be the same without a valid high score table

Old 07 March 2007, 16:12   #2
mywetpants

I loved the Pinball trilogy. The PSX conversion of Pinball Illusions was flawed in that you couldn't save the scores to memory card.
Old 07 March 2007, 16:43   #3
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermillioN
Hmm having a strange problem with my original copy of Pinball Fantasies.. course disk 1 to be precise (partyland etc..)

Was having a big drunken gaming sesh a few weeks back saving high-scores and whatnot.. Somehow the the high scores from course disk 2 have been saved to course disk 1!! ie. after you insert course disk 1 at the main menu, and press spacebar, the high-scores and titles appear for the tables on course disk 2..

I seem to remember this happening over a decade ago with a copy I had back then.. it's fairly unlikely, but does anyone have a remedy for this?

My drunken parties will never be the same without a valid high score table
Well, Disk 2 and Disk 3 are basically the same (from technical point of view). That is they contain only two tables info (on each disk) and highscores. It seems that nothing bad happened. Only logical sense of the highscores which were saved is not valid. You have two options: live with that or erase the highscore tables. To do the second option you need to enter VACUUM CLEANER before starting playing the table which highscore table you want to erase.
Old 07 March 2007, 23:16   #4
rsn8887

I just remembered that I found a weird bug in Pinball Fantasies Retail copy back in the day:
If I reached a billion (I think) points in Partyland, the game crashed with a freeze.

I sent bug report and my discs back to DI back then when the game was still being sold on the shelves. They then sent me latest version on a new set of discs. But it had the same bug still. That was weird.

Anyone experienced this?
Old 07 March 2007, 23:20   #5
Graham Humphrey

I must admit this has never happened to me. I got 4 billion (or something) on Stones n Bones (is it 4 billion or 4 thousand million? God I'm thick) and it worked fine. Although I'm using the WHDLoad version.
Old 08 March 2007, 02:04   #6
VermillioN

Quote:
To do the second option you need to enter VACUUM CLEANER before starting playing the table which highscore table you want to erase.
Of course! I'd forgotten about that cheat code.. could be the solution I'm looking for I'll try it out - cheers!

btw I've since learned that my a2000's internal floppy drive is probably the culprit. It's out of alignment and writing back to disks strangely..
*vermillion makes a personal note to align heads before his next crazy pissup :P

Quote:
Anyone experienced this?
I've never had that problem.. although it randomly crashes in-game for me on my 1200.

Old 08 March 2007, 09:49   #7
mailman
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsn8887
Anyone experienced this?
Never. But on the other hand the only time I reached 1 billion points in Pinball Fantasies was in One Billion Dollar Game Show table. (I understand 1 billion as american billion ie. 1 with 9 zeroes (1 000 000 000).
Old 08 March 2007, 10:53   #8
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey
(is it 4 billion or 4 thousand million? God I'm thick)
It's 4 billion (it's the "same" as 4 thousand million). It's ok, I'm from Norwich area too
Old 08 March 2007, 13:59   #9
mr_0rga5m
Tik Gora :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi5150
I'm from Norwich area too
Aha!

Old 08 March 2007, 15:09   #10
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e

Yep, born in Norwich and lived close by ever since. So I'm pretty "local"