English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. Blitz Basic

Old 29 October 2021, 22:08   #1
DisasterIncarna

Blitz/Amiblitz - Simple way to detect if workbench screen is active/loaded?

I am remaking an old tool i made years ago that works as a Do-Everything kind of launcher, originally i made it to be a startup-sequence selector only with some degrade options and kickstart changing options thrown in, i still have the executables i made (and still use them now) but i lost the code ages ago so cant tweak anything, as such i am remaking it.

Now however i am expanding what it can do and making it a game/utility/demo/more launcher, as well as my startup-sequence stuff, the most basic thing i would like is to have it open its window on workbench as default (already does that now) so if i launch the program when workbench is active it just works like any normal program, but if i hold my RMB during reboot i launch it before workbench appears and would like it to know this and open its own screen instead when it knows workbench doesnt exist.

Can this be done in a system friendly way?
Is there a simple command or method to detect if workbench is loaded or the workbench screen is running, i saw a findscreen command but that doesnt really do as it suggests.
Old 30 October 2021, 22:04   #2
Daedalus

There's a WorkbenchHere function that seems to do what you're looking for. It returns True if Workbench is open and False if it's closed. It's part of the RI add-on libraries, which are included in most distributions except the most basic floppy-type setups.
Old 31 October 2021, 01:33   #3
DisasterIncarna

nice, exactly what i needed, thanks.