English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 30 May 2011, 15:20   #21
haynor666
retro maniac

Compability XP SP3 solves some problems but still it's not perfect.

Vista and 7 introduces new audio system - audiodg. That's why we have such problems.
Old 05 June 2011, 09:30   #22
Calgor
(Amigas && Amigos)++

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
Do you use on-board audio? Try to find updated audio drivers and set xp/admin compatibility for deliui.exe and deliplayer.exe.
Yes I do use onboard audio, but as deliplayer is the only application I have found affected I am loathe to update the audio drivers to non-Asus laptop ones to those direct from Realtek. It might potentially fix it, but I would rather not risk it stuffing anything else up.

The extra xp compatibility and admin rights in addition to the 1 I had set had no effect.
Old 05 June 2011, 11:11   #23
wanderer
I want an A1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgor View Post
Yes I do use onboard audio, but as deliplayer is the only application I have found affected I am loathe to update the audio drivers to non-Asus laptop ones to those direct from Realtek. It might potentially fix it, but I would rather not risk it stuffing anything else up.

The extra xp compatibility and admin rights in addition to the 1 I had set had no effect.
Strange. For me the latest drivers Asus provides (SoundMAX audio, not a laptop) work just fine. It's still probably a driver issue though.
Old 06 July 2011, 21:47   #24
butter100fly

Realtek soundcard here on win7 and same problem. This actually broke my soundcard driver on one occasion and i had to reinstall it - be warned!

I agree admin rights do not solve the issue

Here's a couple of workarounds that help enourmously:

1) Right click taskbar icon > configuration > core >miscellaneous>set windows wave master volume/balance
This MUST be checked otherwise you won't be able to get sound back to both speakers by altering the slider in windows mixer or deliplayer

Now fiddle with the deliplayer slider and the deli windows mixer slider till you get stereo back again and quit out of deli. Now most of the time it will come back in stereo

2) Right click taskbar icon > configuration > core >hotkeys
Set two hotkeys for volume up and down - now on those rare occassions when deli decides to load up with just one speaker working just hit the volume down button ONCE ONLY and the volume doesn't go noticably down at all but the issue's immediately gone...

Hope this helps you guys - having to press a single key occasionally isn't so much of a hassle until a proper fix is found....

Last edited by butter100fly; 06 July 2011 at 23:05.
Old 07 July 2011, 09:49   #25
wanderer
I want an A1000

Nice tips butter100fly. For anyone having these problems, I'd also suggest using SlimDrivers to see if it can find newer/alternative audio drivers since the situation with on-board audio drivers can be chaotic. It only requires a simple free registration and then it can be uninstalled (or have its entry disabled from the Task Scheduler, to keep it from starting up). It will ask you to create a System Restore point before installing drivers, say yes to that. If an update is found, it's probably best to uninstall previous drivers first.
Old 07 July 2011, 11:34   #26
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

It's not an audio driver problem AFAIK.

Drag and Drop in Windows7 to Deliplayer doesn't seem to work for me either
Old 11 September 2011, 15:03   #27
unseenmenace

I had the same problem (also with Windows 7 x64 and Realtek audio) and tried all sorts of things including the workaround above but eventually discovered that it works normally if you configure your speaker setup to quadrophonic instead of stereo and you don't need to use "Set Windows Wave Master Volume" either.

Old 08 May 2013, 18:17   #28
Psychophanta

Deliplayer (and also many other old programs) works perfecly in Vista and 7.
Just do this with the program not running:
Right click in the .exe or in any link to it,
Choose 'properties',
Choose 'compatibility' panel,
In the 'compatibility mode' menu choose windows 2000 or XP or so,
leave the other options accordingly to your tastes and program functionality requirements.

And so, no need to touch any thing in the drivers managers, neither do any other things.

Thanks!!

Old 24 October 2013, 02:06   #29
Titler
Zone Friend

*bump* I upgraded to Win7 recently too, and changing compatibility mode solved it for me as well, although I have the volume at start up issue and the drag and drop problem too. However you can work around that by opening a new playlist, right clicking it, selecting Edit > Add Directory then just point it at an entire subfolder and it'll grab all valid tracks it can find.

It's a shame it's been discontinued as I actually find it the easiest way to play Amiga mods on Windows.
Old 14 November 2015, 18:07   #30
scifi
Resurrected...

I read this thread about DeliPlayer's compatibility.
I have downloaded the 2.50 Beta 1 version and it works just fine on Windows 7 (x64).
I don't know if the compatibility problem has been fixed with the beta 1 version.
Give it a try!
Old 01 July 2018, 05:01   #31
Calgor
(Amigas && Amigos)++

Just a note that DeliPlayer (2.50 beta 1) works on Windows 10 with the same compatibility fix for stereo as above (set compatibility mode to XP XP2 and XP SP3 I have tried).
Old 01 July 2018, 09:11   #32
Hewitson

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
Nice tips butter100fly. For anyone having these problems, I'd also suggest using SlimDrivers to see if it can find newer/alternative audio drivers since the situation with on-board audio drivers can be chaotic. It only requires a simple free registration and then it can be uninstalled (or have its entry disabled from the Task Scheduler, to keep it from starting up). It will ask you to create a System Restore point before installing drivers, say yes to that. If an update is found, it's probably best to uninstall previous drivers first.
Sounds like a nasty piece of malware to me.
Old 15 October 2022, 01:29   #33
RobDangerous

On my latest computer the compatibility-mode doesn't fix the volume-problem anymore and it is reset to zero on every track-change (whether compatibility-mode helps seems to vary on different systems even with the same Windows-version). Anyway, I made a little fix and with that it works fine for me, even without compatibility-mode. If anyone else is interested in it, I uploaded it here: https://github.com/RobDangerous/Deli...leases/tag/1.0
It just disables volume-setting via winmm completely which also means the volume-slider in DeliPlayer will stop working - just use the integrated per-application-volume-control in Windows instead.
Old 15 October 2022, 01:59   #34
wanderer
I want an A1000

Why, thank you RobDangerous! You just solved an age-old problem.

While the compatibility fix works for me, it's still much better with your fix since I won't have to increase the volume every time DeliPlayer is opened.

Old 03 March 2023, 23:42   #35
Asle

All right. Testing DP on Win 11 here.
Several issues. The biggest being I can't drag 'n drop music files on it anymore.
I've tried compatibility modes (XP) on all three exes.

Anyone has made it work successfully on Win11 ?
Old 04 March 2023, 10:50   #36
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

That doesn't work in Windows 10 either. It's one of several issues with Deliplayer you just have to live with. Open up the playlist window and drag n drop there works still?
Old 05 March 2023, 17:33   #37
Asle

nope. Playlist has the same pb. Volume slidebar is 100% useless now, also. What works is to open DP and, inside, open a given music from somewhere.

I guess the next step would be to catch either Florian Vorberger or Peter Kunath and ask for the source code. I know a few skilled coders who would be able to port this on more recent MS-Windows versions.
I tried years ago without success. Old emails addresses don't work anymore.
Old 05 March 2023, 18:55   #38
Pfloyd

I have set up a PCem Machine with Windows XP just for Deliplayer.
Old 05 March 2023, 19:06   #39
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I think one of the Deliplayer developers Florian Vorberger passed away in 2010. So I'm not imagining the source will be released