English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 11 March 2023, 13:45   #1
Drakon_

Cocolino.driver problem

Hi.
I bought a USB device interface (Tikus) which, according to the website, supports scrolling using the Cocolino driver. And here comes the problem: after installing Cocolino (installer from the floppy disk with the driver), unfortunately my WB throws me an error that cocolino.driver is not an executable file.
EDIT: After installation (that is, after the installer added its own lines to User-Startup, starting the driver), after rebooting the Amiga hangs.
And after the next reset, it throws an error that the file with the driver is not an executable file.
Opening it from the icon does the same. I also tried to change the tooltypes in the icon (OS4, IMPSIZE), it didn't help.
Booting without startup-sequence and launching cocolino.driver from the command line - the same (freeze, then guru).
System is 3.2.1, A600 with Furia.
The question is, has anyone had a similar problem and if so, how did you deal with it? Or can someone with 3.2.1 test it on his computer? I will be grateful.

Link to the product: https://lotharek.pl/productdetail.php?id=244

The author of the interface writes that it was tested with this driver in exactly the same configuration. I'm wondering if I have something "wrong" with the system or startup-sequence.
Old 17 March 2023, 23:29   #2
nikosidis

I never had a problem with the driver or mouse. Only tested with Rom 3.0, 3.1 and 3.9
Workbench 3.1 and 3.9
From the link that is not the adapter I have.
This is mine.
https://amigakit.amiga.store/cocolin...pter-p-88.html
Scrolling work where it is supported.

I can not imagine that the Rom or OS version is the problem.
Old 17 March 2023, 23:31   #3
Drakon_

Okay, things have become clear. Unfortunately, no magic tricks (uploading libraries, changing tooltypes, changing file flags, reinstalling, etc.) didn't help.
But I had an idea... I installed VirusZ and scanned the system. It turned out that a large part of the files (about 40) on the system partition were infected with ... the ZIB virus!
After scanning and removing the virus from the system and reinstalling the Cocolino driver, the mouse wheel works as it should, without any surprise.
Thank you all for your help. Amiga rules!