English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 17 January 2016, 11:06   #1
wolverine4500

Steam and FS-UAE?

Is it possible to combine Steam and FS-UAE? I saw, that OAGD has compatible Steam covers for many games.

I didn't find a feature, but maybe it is possible to start an Amiga Game with Steam with FS-UAE in the background?

Has someone a solution?

At the moment I only have a link to FS-UAE Arcade in Steam, but it only starts the emulator, where I can choose the games, but it would be great, if I can choose the game in the Steam Big Picture plattform and FS-UAE starts automatically with the right game I selected.

Old 18 January 2016, 19:15   #2
kkgarbod
The Human/Gray Hybrid

Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane
I usually added games to steam using "fs-uae.exe Stardust.fs-uae"
Old 19 January 2016, 10:27   #3
wolverine4500

Works this also for the pre-configured from the Online Game Database? The .fs-uae files are our own configurations, but I use the Online Game Database to get the configuration of the games.

Old 21 January 2016, 23:00   #4
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Yes, you can - with recent versions - also start FS-UAE Launcher with the game UUID (autoselects variant) or game variant UUID as parameter.

For example, to start Lotus Turbo Challenge II:
Code:
fs-uae-launcher(.exe) df05121d-e093-5e11-be88-b1cbbb36f03d
You can find the UUID for the games in oagd.net on the "edit" page for a game. Yes, it is a bit cumbersome, I know. I really should create a general "create game shortcut function" and/or export game entries directly to Steam shortcuts list...

Note: If you use the portable version, you cannot create a shortcut to "FS-UAE Launcher.exe", you need to add a shortcut to the fs-uae-launcher.exe file within Windows/...

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 27 January 2016 at 17:28.
Old 22 January 2016, 00:19   #5
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
I really should create a general "create game shortcut function" and/or export game entries directly to Steam shortcuts list...
Old 23 January 2016, 15:22   #6
wolverine4500

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
THat would be the better solution. I tried the solution with the command lines, but when I made a link to the exe-File with the command line, it only starts the Standard Kickrom 1.3, something I have to to wrong.

Maybe it's because of WHLoad-Files instead ADF-Roms?

Old 23 January 2016, 22:49   #7
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine4500 View Post
I tried the solution with the command lines, but when I made a link to the exe-File with the command line, it only starts the Standard Kickrom 1.3, something I have to to wrong.
I'm just guessing here, because you haven't provided any details. But using FS-UAE Launcher.exe from the portable version won't work, you need to use fs-uae-launcher.exe from the Windows/... sub-directory.
Old 30 January 2016, 17:17   #8
wolverine4500

Thnks for your help. Is it possible to download the Steam covers from OAGD or I habe to create my own covers for Steam?

Old 01 April 2016, 00:05   #9
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

I have now created a Images_Banners.zip, downloadable from http://oagd.net/download with all the Steam-compatible banners on the site
Old 23 August 2016, 11:45   #10
kkgarbod
The Human/Gray Hybrid

Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Yes, you can - with recent versions - also start FS-UAE Launcher with the game UUID (autoselects variant) or game variant UUID as parameter.

For example, to start Lotus Turbo Challenge II:
Code:
fs-uae-launcher(.exe) df05121d-e093-5e11-be88-b1cbbb36f03d
You can find the UUID for the games in oagd.net on the "edit" page for a game. Yes, it is a bit cumbersome, I know. I really should create a general "create game shortcut function" and/or export game entries directly to Steam shortcuts list...
Any update on this. Would like something like "create game shortcut function" since it'll be easier to add to other frontends beyond steam