English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 14 July 2021, 01:50   #21
eXeler0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzegzolka View Post
I would give more games score above 90, but that is my point of view and everybody can have it's own. It would be interesting to see a chapter about games that was released after cd32 lifetime, I think about games like Biff Boarding, Reunion, English version of Inherit the Earth and some patched / floppy ported games that plays much better thanks to cd32 pad like Ruff'n'Tumble or Aladdin.
I think CD32 also suffered from all those re-releases / "ports". Games that scored high when they are released tend to get lower scores when re-released and there are not judged as something new and original. Also on a new system you expect to get more, so the games that were straight ports and didn't deliver anything new, they probably got a lower score automatically.
Old 14 July 2021, 10:08   #22
Gzegzolka

That is a good point, some games were excellent on Amiga500 but when they were ported without any extra stuff they were not great enough - I am thinking about titles like Myth, Chuck Rock or Premiere.
Old 15 July 2021, 16:48   #23
BIG D

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
Bought it now, very nice.
Towards the end there are some statistics and pie charts, here I suggest, you could do a chart of the critics score distribution.. It was kind of "depressing" to see that out of ~170 games, there were only 3 or so with a score of 90 or better ;-)
yeah I know I felt the same but there were always a couple of magazines that gave it an unbelievably low score that would drop the average
Old 15 July 2021, 16:49   #24
BIG D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_ Kal View Post
Bought it and brought back memories!!! Well Done!!
thanks appreciated!
Old 15 July 2021, 16:52   #25
BIG D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzegzolka View Post
I would give more games score above 90, but that is my point of view and everybody can have it's own. It would be interesting to see a chapter about games that was released after cd32 lifetime, I think about games like Biff Boarding, Reunion, English version of Inherit the Earth and some patched / floppy ported games that plays much better thanks to cd32 pad like Ruff'n'Tumble or Aladdin.
someone else suggested this (they really want pong 4k in it) I may put that in an update
Old 15 July 2021, 18:04   #26
Radertified

This and the Supergrafx PDF are great. There's a few spelling errors throughout but the one that bothered me the most in both PDF's is "PHERIPERIALS" instead of "PERIPHERALS". At the very least, fix that
Old 16 July 2021, 04:31   #27
BIG D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radertified View Post
This and the Supergrafx PDF are great. There's a few spelling errors throughout but the one that bothered me the most in both PDF's is "PHERIPERIALS" instead of "PERIPHERALS". At the very least, fix that
Crap how did i miss that!! yes I will fix it.
Old 06 July 2022, 16:01   #28
Radertified

Is this, and the other 2 encyclopedias, gone for good? The website has disappeared so anyone that bought them no longer has access.
Old 11 May 2023, 06:36   #29
whowasphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radertified View Post
Is this, and the other 2 encyclopedias, gone for good? The website has disappeared so anyone that bought them no longer has access.
I contacted the author over on reddit, and they are trying to get their website back up to sell the books again at some point, but nothing concrete yet.

Fingers crossed.