English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 23 July 2021, 11:36   #1441
Michael
A1260T/PPC/BV/SCSI/NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by bni View Post
Im very happy with 3.2 so far. I use it on my A1200 with a PCMCIA network card. Everything works fine as long as I have this in my Startup-Sequence:

Code:
FailAt 11
CardReset FORCE
FailAt 10
The FailAt workaround is there so it won't abort during boot in my other Amiga that does not have PCMCIA, when I use the same CF there.

Would be nice to not have to use CardReset in a future AmigaOS

Agree, and we have tried to implement many fixes to pcmcia but then had to disable them due to compatibility issues with 3rd party hardware of all sorts that does not behave according to the book and does some funky things to achieve their goal. So you can't please everyone in this case. I do suggest to do a hardware fix, it's a very simple operation, and you can even get simple dongles that plug on the chips to do the same if soldering is not on your skill.
Old 23 July 2021, 14:37   #1442
Lisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by bni View Post
Im very happy with 3.2 so far. I use it on my A1200 with a PCMCIA network card. Everything works fine as long as I have this in my Startup-Sequence:

Code:
FailAt 11
CardReset FORCE
FailAt 10
The FailAt workaround is there so it won't abort during boot in my other Amiga that does not have PCMCIA, when I use the same CF there.

Would be nice to not have to use CardReset in a future AmigaOS
You could also build your custom kickstart with ResetCard blizkick modules like I did.
Old 23 July 2021, 14:45   #1443
Thomas Richter

The trouble is that this is really quite unclear what this software does. There is no "software assisted reset" the PCMCIA hardware would be able to generate, so this is doing something else. Soldering a wire from the reset logic to the PCMCIA slot is the best possible solution for this problem as this seems to be a hardware problem, not a software problem.
Old 18 August 2021, 17:53   #1444
spoUP

I have found a bug in AmigaOS 3.2. Where do i report it? Here?

To reproduce, start Hippoplayer, go to prefs and enable ”doubleclick”.
Load a bunch of tunes to the playlist.
Now quickly switch songs by double clicking on them in the list.
After 3-4 song swaps it always leads to a crash here.

This doesn’t happend in any previous os version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5EA34A6F-96ED-4D6A-89A7-1E1AACBC80AB.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	72925  
Old 18 August 2021, 18:13   #1445
spoUP

Actually i was wrong. The public version of Hippo seems to work fine in AmigaOS 3.2..
Old 18 August 2021, 19:25   #1446
spoUP

The theory from the developer right now is that the debug log spits out too much data and overloads con.. the beta works in 3.1 though something somewhere isn’t right.
Old 19 August 2021, 08:05   #1447
koobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoUP View Post
The theory from the developer right now is that the debug log spits out too much data and overloads con.. the beta works in 3.1 though something somewhere isn’t right.
I suspect Hippo may be slightly incompatible with 3.2. Investigation is ongoing
Old 19 August 2021, 16:33   #1448
spoUP

And as you just told me, os 3.2 exposed a regression in the latest hippo beta, problem solved all good now!
Old 20 August 2021, 09:12   #1449
NovaCoder

Does anyone know if they plan to release free updates to 3.2 or if they instead (sooner or later) will release a 3.2.1 version?
Old 20 August 2021, 09:41   #1450
apex

Yes there will be free updates.
Old 20 August 2021, 15:23   #1451
hexaae
Bug hunter

WANTED: SHELL IMPROVEMENTS

New Shell 47+ improvements:
  • after drag'n'drop shell window should be automatically selected, saving you an additional mouse click to continue writing into the shell window
  • CTRL+drag'n'drop should import the path only for the dragged item, not including the dragged file name (useful!)
  • scrolling (scrollbar) history like KCON/VNC
  • CTRL and ALT + cursors should move through end-of-word/next word/symbols as other shells do... only SHIFT+cursors is working (begin/end of line) ATM in Shell 47.47

Last edited by hexaae; 20 August 2021 at 15:53.
Old 20 August 2021, 16:35   #1452
Octopus66

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexaae View Post
wanted: Shell improvements

new shell 47+ improvements:
  • after drag'n'drop shell window should be automatically selected, saving you an additional mouse click to continue writing into the shell window
  • ctrl+drag'n'drop should import the path only for the dragged item, not including the dragged file name (useful!)
  • scrolling (scrollbar) history like kcon/vnc
  • ctrl and alt + cursors should move through end-of-word/next word/symbols as other shells do... Only shift+cursors is working (begin/end of line) atm in shell 47.47
+1
Old 22 August 2021, 18:44   #1453
boemann
Camilla, AmigaOS Dev.

Quote:
WANTED: SHELL IMPROVEMENTS

New Shell 47+ improvements:
  • CTRL+drag'n'drop should import the path only for the dragged item, not including the dragged file name (useful!)
  • scrolling (scrollbar) history like KCON/VNC
  • CTRL and ALT + cursors should move through end-of-word/next word/symbols as other shells do... only SHIFT+cursors is working (begin/end of line) ATM in Shell 47.47
The first one is a bug and we have already found a fix. The rest are feature requests and btw not related to shell but rather to console (of which shell is the main user)
Old 22 August 2021, 19:02   #1454
coldacid
WinUAE 4000/40, V4SA

I'm looking forward to IconEdit being brought up to the level of 3.9's.
Old 22 August 2021, 21:47   #1455
hexaae
Bug hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boemann View Post
The first one is a bug and we have already found a fix. The rest are feature requests and btw not related to shell but rather to console (of which shell is the main user)
I see. Hope you'll keep them and the others I posted in consideration for next release

Last edited by hexaae; 23 August 2021 at 09:01.
Old 25 August 2021, 11:22   #1456
boemann
Camilla, AmigaOS Dev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldacid View Post
I'm looking forward to IconEdit being brought up to the level of 3.9's.
In my mind the 3.9 version is nothing to aspire to. Sure it supports the colorful icon format extension but in general I'm disliking the user experience of it.
Old 25 August 2021, 12:23   #1457
hexaae
Bug hunter

Actually, it's disappointing the OS supports ColorIcons but the icon editor in OS3.2 is not capable to manage them. I'm sure it will be added in the future.
I use PPaint + pio_icon plugin anwyay to create icons...
Old 25 August 2021, 12:43   #1458
boemann
Camilla, AmigaOS Dev.

Quote:
Actually, it's disappointing the OS supports ColorIcons but the icon editor in OS3.2 is not capable to manage them. I'm sure it will be added in the future.
I use PPaint + pio_icon plugin anwyay to create icons...
Yes it is easy to always wish for something more, but we had to draw the line somewhere knowing we have to address it in the future. There are several other things we would wish too to round off 3.2, but you can always continue to put more and more into a release and then the release would never happen. So what we did end up releasing was a good state which we could subject to a lot of testing and bugfixing over many months. We are very much aware of the need for an updated IconEdit, and I've been experimenting with it, even before 3.2 was released, but from wishes and experiments to a finished product is a long way.
Old 25 August 2021, 14:09   #1459
hexaae
Bug hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boemann View Post
Yes it is easy to always wish for something more, but we had to draw the line somewhere knowing we have to address it in the future. There are several other things we would wish too to round off 3.2, but you can always continue to put more and more into a release and then the release would never happen. So what we did end up releasing was a good state which we could subject to a lot of testing and bugfixing over many months. We are very much aware of the need for an updated IconEdit, and I've been experimenting with it, even before 3.2 was released, but from wishes and experiments to a finished product is a long way.
Sure, of course... Keep up the great work you're doing!
Old 26 August 2021, 19:54   #1460
Greyspirit

I'm wondering if there is a place to see the TODO list for future versions? That way we might keep from repeating requests for things already on the list.