English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 21 July 2022, 12:06   #1
AMIPEGUSER

I heard somebody searching for Space Vegetables???

Hi guys,

I just heard from TCDHOL that somebody want informations about the Game Space Vegetables or the Mega Games Compilation from Micro Value.
Old 21 July 2022, 12:40   #2
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Yes please! Can you share the Space Vegetables ADF?
Old 21 July 2022, 14:03   #3
AMIPEGUSER

Because it is n this Mega Games Compilation the Disk is with two Games on it.
Demon Blue and Space Vegetables.

I found this Game, because it stands explicit on the watch list from SPS.
There are looking just for this Compilation with Space Vegetables.
It was never sold as stand alone Version. Just on PC.
I found it two or three years ago in a like "new" Condition.
I made also a dump via Kryoflux and we have saved it in our Kryoflux Group.

I will make an ADF and left it in the Zone at the evenning.
Old 21 July 2022, 19:25   #4
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIPEGUSER View Post
Hi guys,

I just heard from TCDHOL that somebody want informations about the Game Space Vegetables or the Mega Games Compilation from Micro Value.
Sorry to interject, but one of the other HOL team members (Codetapper) requested this game a while back after I updated the HOL entry for Space Vegetables late last year. Here's an old thread some years ago where he requested the game after he interviewed the coder Peter Johnson.

Anyway, I made an ADF of the game about a year ago and had it sitting on my hard drive to upload (along with some other MIA games in TOSEC) at some point for people here. Hope you don't mind since I had it all packed up already in lha format. Many thanks for uploading some screenshots last year to the HOL FTP server for the game, which I used along with some others I took for the HOL entry!

I'm sure people here (including Denis aka dlfrsilver) would appreciate the Kryoflux dump to make an IPF, if you wouldn't mind uploading that please!!! I didn't get around to doing a raw dump last year for some strange reason when I made the ADF....

Last edited by DrBong; 21 July 2022 at 19:36. Reason: Added to post!
Old 21 July 2022, 22:25   #5
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
Sorry to interject, but one of the other HOL team members (Codetapper) requested this game a while back after I updated the HOL entry for Space Vegetables late last year. Here's an old thread some years ago where he requested the game after he interviewed the coder Peter Johnson.

Anyway, I made an ADF of the game about a year ago and had it sitting on my hard drive to upload (along with some other MIA games in TOSEC) at some point for people here. Hope you don't mind since I had it all packed up already in lha format. Many thanks for uploading some screenshots last year to the HOL FTP server for the game, which I used along with some others I took for the HOL entry!

I'm sure people here (including Denis aka dlfrsilver) would appreciate the Kryoflux dump to make an IPF, if you wouldn't mind uploading that please!!! I didn't get around to doing a raw dump last year for some strange reason when I made the ADF....
Not protected presumably?
Old 21 July 2022, 22:49   #6
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Exclamation

Nope, nothing for you to do on this one mate. I do have a rather old compilation by the name of Games Gallery III that I could do with your help on, please!

It's an early compilation of old games slightly modified from their mainframe/8-bit ancestors to run under AmigaBASIC. I'm getting some copy protection notice static about my original being a copy that has exceeded the publisher's discretion of allowing 1-2 backups per original bought by customers.

Hard to know whether it's because my original is an illegitimate backup that's been copied over previously or if it's coz it's such an old compilation made for KS 1.1 that my A500/KS1.3/1MB set-up is triggering the copy protection under false pretences. Any chance you can have a look (and crack if necessary) if I send an ADF to your Yahoo account?!
Old 22 July 2022, 08:54   #7
AMIPEGUSER

There is no need to check a dump from Space Vegetables.
I dumped the game for our german Kryoflux group and apex checked the Disk and made an IPF of it because it was all good and not modified.
But so far we don´t give away any IPF, because no one from SPS has listed all these "unofficial IPF". So we don not spread them. We just use these IPF if someone has a original and want to repair it.

For me personally I am also in the mind of apex not to spread all unofficial IPFs.
We have nearly 1000 unofficial IPFs of unlisted Games on SPS collected in our german group.
The main works of our group comes from me, apex and Evillord68.
Space Vegetables is one of them.

If the ADF works fine and really from a original and not cracked, so why all users need an IPF. I can understand to spread a game as IPF if it is copy protected and no ADF possible, maybe.
So if apex did not clear all these matters with mr.vince of SPS no one of our group will spread IPFs.
Old 22 July 2022, 11:28   #8
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
Nope, nothing for you to do on this one mate. I do have a rather old compilation by the name of Games Gallery III that I could do with your help on, please!

It's an early compilation of old games slightly modified from their mainframe/8-bit ancestors to run under AmigaBASIC. I'm getting some copy protection notice static about my original being a copy that has exceeded the publisher's discretion of allowing 1-2 backups per original bought by customers.

Hard to know whether it's because my original is an illegitimate backup that's been copied over previously or if it's coz it's such an old compilation made for KS 1.1 that my A500/KS1.3/1MB set-up is triggering the copy protection under false pretences. Any chance you can have a look (and crack if necessary) if I send an ADF to your Yahoo account?!
Send away
Old 22 July 2022, 11:30   #9
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIPEGUSER View Post
There is no need to check a dump from Space Vegetables.
I dumped the game for our german Kryoflux group and apex checked the Disk and made an IPF of it because it was all good and not modified.
But so far we don´t give away any IPF, because no one from SPS has listed all these "unofficial IPF". So we don not spread them. We just use these IPF if someone has a original and want to repair it.

For me personally I am also in the mind of apex not to spread all unofficial IPFs.
We have nearly 1000 unofficial IPFs of unlisted Games on SPS collected in our german group.
The main works of our group comes from me, apex and Evillord68.
Space Vegetables is one of them.

If the ADF works fine and really from a original and not cracked, so why all users need an IPF. I can understand to spread a game as IPF if it is copy protected and no ADF possible, maybe.
So if apex did not clear all these matters with mr.vince of SPS no one of our group will spread IPFs.
not interested in IPF's whether they are spread or not, only to crack them if they are rare and unavailable in ADF form.

hoarding rare/unreleased Amiga games when the audience for those games gets smaller and smaller seems utterly redundant to me.
Old 23 July 2022, 00:01   #10
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Aw man, I actually had a Flair "compilation" with that game back in the day. I only got three games though; Demon Blue, Space Vegetables and Winter Supersports 92.

I believe to play Space Vegetables I had to to load kickstart 2.0 from a disk before it could be played.