Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 15 May 2021, 00:57   #81
gulliver
BoingBagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasterreal View Post
SDK ? or NDK?
NDK.
It is included in the CD-ROM. And probably will be available publicly on Hyperion's web site sometime in the near future.
Old 15 May 2021, 00:57   #82
Pyromania

@gulliver

Does the CDTV interface still work with the new Kickstart ROM
Old 15 May 2021, 00:59   #83
gulliver
BoingBagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
I have to say I'm amazed when reading through the over 4000 lines long FAQ-file...
How on earth have you come across all these different scenarios? All these combinations of hardware, workarounds and bugfixes.....Impressive!
I am glad you find it impressive. It was a lot of work.
Thank you!
Old 15 May 2021, 01:01   #84
gulliver
BoingBagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
@gulliver

Does the CDTV interface still work with the new Kickstart ROM
Yes, but please read and follow the guidelines outlined in section 14 of the FAQ.

It is even recommended to use the new ROMs instead of older ones.

If you have further doubts, just ask, I am willing to answer.
Old 15 May 2021, 02:40   #85
Swe_Kryten2x4b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
I believe Hyperion decided to give resellers some time to sell physical CD's first.

Later, digital versions will arrive, but those will be model based, unlike the CD which has them all + some additional extras.
I have no problem in waiting some extra time for a digital download to support the resellsers.And I will buy this in one form or the other, I just want to make sure what my options are.

If I want the convenience of the cd, I need to buy a physical set.
If I don't buy a physcial set I need to explictly state which model I'm using, and "just" getting what is required for my particular model - minus the additional extras.

I may not need or want physical media (for example, I may not need physcal rom chips, or cd, because the OS will only be used in emulation or my accellerator supports flashing). But it may still be conventient to have it all acceccible from one place - in this case, a downloaded .iso file.

So my question is basically: if I just want a digital download, why isn't a cd-iso an option? And if it is, why isn't it made more clear because to me it sounds like the cd isn't an option if you want to just buy the right to download (and use it of course) it.
Old 15 May 2021, 03:02   #86
arcanist

Really happy to see ReAction getting some love again.

I remember when it appeared in OS 3.5 and enjoyed the new look. The API felt more native than MUI did. It sadly never attained the same level of attention from the community, perhaps arriving too late or incomplete.

I'll definitely give it a whirl for some small utilities.
Old 15 May 2021, 04:25   #87
pgovotsos

Is there a changelog anywhere? I looked quickly but could definitely have missed it.
Old 15 May 2021, 04:30   #88
pgovotsos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swe_Kryten2x4b View Post
So my question is basically: if I just want a digital download, why isn't a cd-iso an option? And if it is, why isn't it made more clear because to me it sounds like the cd isn't an option if you want to just buy the right to download (and use it of course) it.
Would definitely like to have the option of a digital purchase of the CD. For the convenience of mounting the iso or burning a CD as needed, not to create floppies. Not that interested in making floppies anyway since so many of the disks are in lousy condition after sitting on the shelf for so very many years, even never used ones.
Old 15 May 2021, 04:43   #89
pgovotsos

Checked Amigakit to see if they had it available. Saw that they didn't have 3.2 or 3.1.4. Do they just not carry any OS but Cloanto's for some reason?
Old 15 May 2021, 04:57   #90
gulliver
BoingBagged

I am part of the team that made this new OS and I am an Amiga fan. Nothing else.

I am not in charge of sales, nor distribution, nor have any monetary incentive involved. Please ask the corresponding entities for such details or lack thereof. I can only answer what I know of.

Regarding the release notes, they are part of the NDK that is currently only available in the CD. They should be freely available separately within the NDK sometime in the near future.
Old 15 May 2021, 05:07   #91
pgovotsos

Quote:
I am part of the team that made this new OS and I am an Amiga fan. Nothing else.

I am not in charge of sales, nor distribution, nor have any monetary incentive involved. Please ask the corresponding entities for such details or lack thereof. I can only answer what I know of.

Regarding the release notes, they are part of the NDK that is currently only available in the CD. They should be freely available separately within the NDK sometime in the near future.
Not expecting sales questions to be answered by you or anyone other than Hyperion themselves. Just participating in the discussion, expressing a thought, not expecting / demanding a particular response from any particular person.

About the changelog, I was stupid in my "looking" for it. I made the boneheaded decision of looking elsewhere but Hyperion's own news page that had an overview of changes. When will I ever learn to look harder before opening my mouth?
Old 15 May 2021, 05:12   #92
gulliver
BoingBagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgovotsos View Post
Not expecting sales questions to be answered by you or anyone other than Hyperion themselves. Just participating in the discussion, expressing a thought, not expecting / demanding a particular response from any particular person.

About the changelog, I was stupid in my "looking" for it. I made the boneheaded decision of looking elsewhere but Hyperion's own news page that had an overview of changes. When will I ever learn to look harder before opening my mouth?
It is reasonable to voice out your thoughts.

Don't be so hard on yourself for not noticing something. You are just human. Welcome to the club.
Old 15 May 2021, 06:40   #93
honx

does amigaos 3.2 include all 3.1.4 stuff or do i need to purchase amigaos 3.1.4 AND 3.2?
Old 15 May 2021, 07:38   #94
bubbob42

Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
does amigaos 3.2 include all 3.1.4 stuff or do i need to purchase amigaos 3.1.4 AND 3.2?
You don’t need 3.1.4. 3.2 has it all and a lot more.
Old 15 May 2021, 10:48   #95
smartroad

Quote:
Find attached the Official AmigaOS 3.2 FAQ.

Is there any chance of getting the FAQ without the forced line feeds? Just in a standard doc or rtf format? I wanted to read on my e-reader but it messes up the formatting because it wordwraps as well giving really odd layout issues.
Old 15 May 2021, 11:15   #96
acidbottle

Sorry if obvious or already answered ..

Can I overwrite my existing 3.1.4.2 install with this or is it a flatten and reinstall? I really want to try it out but will mean breaking a tonne of stuff if its square one install.

Fantastic work regardless ofc!
Old 15 May 2021, 11:17   #97
kamelito
Zone Friend

I'll waiting until a dealer sell physical roms too.
Old 15 May 2021, 11:31   #98
crazyc

I tend to have different cf cards with different os on them. If I put physical 3.2 roms in my a1200 will my 3.9 system run off it, or will it need just a little tweak or do I just blizkick the current rom I am using and ignore 3.2 for that system ?
Old 15 May 2021, 11:32   #99
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Even though we've featured AmigaOS 3.2, can it be installed over the top of another OS install while keeping all the game folders intact?
Old 15 May 2021, 11:45   #100
bubbob42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
Even though we've featured AmigaOS 3.2, can it be installed over the top of another OS install while keeping all the game folders intact?
This shouldn't pose a problem. In doubt, backup with TSGUI or similar, first.