English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 07 December 2001, 17:19   #1
Riempie
Amiga freak

A tiny bit of Putty Squad "news"...

Hi guys,

since you guys (and me too off cource) want to see a freeware release of Putty Squad, I asked an english friend of mine to give Studio 3 a call. He did and he told me the following (a bit dissapointing):

The guy he talked to said that my english mate possibly could not get hold of the game, but after a little more conversation the guy said that if people show a lot of interest then they might put all their classic games online.

The guy also said that a while ago they already had some of their classic games online. They have taken them off the site again because they said there was too little interest. This seems strange to me, because if they had put the amiga-version of Putty Squad online, then I'm sure there would be enough interest. Somehow I doubt if they had something online...

Anyway, he said that if there really was a lot of interest then people should write e-mails to their main e-mail address (whatever that may be?). I doubt if this will have any effect because I know a lot of people already have sent e-mail to Studio 3 to show their interest in the game and they never got a reply.

My english mate also found out that the programmer of Putty Squad (John Twiddy) still works for Studio 3. He's making some PS2 games now. My mate told me that I might get lucky if I send an e-mail to fakeemail@emailaddress.com or fakeemail@emailaddress.com
I've sent an e-mail to both addresses and only the fakeemail address bounced, so fakeemail@emailaddress.com must be his e-mail address. So far I haven't got a reply yet (seems familliar), but I've sent the mail 3 hours ago, so I hope I get a reaction some day.

Maybe if we all send this Twiddy guy an e-mail, then maybe we have more chance.
I think more phone calls would be more effective, so if you are living in the UK, you might give it a try. The phone number is on their website ( www.studio3.co.uk ). Maybe they will get sick of all those calls and put the game online just to keep us silent.

Let's hope we get any response (although I'm a bit scpetive... )

Riempie

Last edited by Amigaboy; 10 December 2001 at 12:18.
Old 07 December 2001, 17:31   #2
Peanutuk

Ive sent an email

here's hoping!
Old 08 December 2001, 03:20   #3
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I'll certainly do my part! Thanks for a great report, Riempie!
Old 08 December 2001, 09:16   #4
Mark

I've sent an email also, I have been playing this game on the snes but it doesn't feel quite right using a converted psx controller, would be be much better with my old quickshot.

Old 08 December 2001, 09:28   #5
Drake1009

I have a large problems sending a mail. Mainly because I wouldn't know what to write? What would be good to write in that mail?
Old 08 December 2001, 09:45   #6
Ian
Global Moderator

Hmm

Something like this, give 'em some bull****

------------------------------------------------------------

Dear sir,

Censored

Drake1009 (Or your real name)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

That should be ok

Last edited by Ian; 10 December 2001 at 15:45.
Old 08 December 2001, 09:55   #7
RetroMan

Ok, I did "COPY & PASTE" and send seven E-Mails to them Uppps, they now got seven E-Mails from Drake1009 :laugh
Old 08 December 2001, 11:04   #8
Drake1009

*Slaps forehead* Well that eliminates my chances of sending one as Drake1009. There has to be a limit of how many Drake1009's there are in existance
Old 08 December 2001, 14:45   #9
RCK
Administrator

In your future email, point them the existence of our Amiga community (EAB), so they will see that we are not dead yet !
Old 08 December 2001, 19:57   #10
Riempie
Amiga freak

eab

Thanks for your replies guys

In my e-mail to Studio 3 I also copied some links to EAB threads about Putty Squad. I hope they'll read them....
Old 09 December 2001, 00:12   #11
MethodGit

I sent an email to Twiddy, as well.

Of course, being the lazy bastard I am , I simply copied-'n'-pasted Ian's speech and replaced Drake's name with my handle name, and entered for the mail title "Putty Squad Amiga version" (obvious).

Was that a bad thing to do, Ian?
Old 09 December 2001, 02:04   #12
RCK
Administrator

spamming them with the same message won't help us...
try to produce your own personnal message for better result.
Old 09 December 2001, 03:02   #13
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Question

Just a thought,
Isn't all this business of contacting Studio 3,(& John Twiddy), about possibly releasing the Amiga version as freeware, the sort of territory that the guys a Back to the Roots, have been performing with considerable success for some time now?

Although Bobic & co. must be busy having done their recent changeover & updating of their server stuff, they've had a very good track record in convincing programmers/teams to release old software to ADF, can anyone contact them with this latest information & see if they would have any luck??
Old 09 December 2001, 14:00   #14
Peanutuk

I got a reply!!!!

.......but it was blank!?!? Just the message title 'Re:' - ed wiht nothing actually in the mail.

Mmmmmmmmm, wonder what this means?
Old 09 December 2001, 14:08   #15
Drake1009

Hmm strange way of replying I'd say.
Old 09 December 2001, 14:59   #16
TikTok

Perhaps he hit the send button by accident . Everyone must have done this at one time or another .
Old 09 December 2001, 17:02   #17
Bobic

To all: Please stop sending such e-mails to Studio 3 and/or John Twiddy. What a stupid and childish idea in sending the same e-mail hundreds of times to them (or one person who sends such an e-mail seven times!). This is called SPAM! Do you like finding adverts for stuff or other things in your mailbox each day? This is also called SPAM and it's the same what you're doing at the moment.

All what you'll achieve is that they'll get annoyed in receiving those e-mails and will never listen to such requests again. Maybe John Twiddy will change his e-mail addy because he gets tired, while reading the same e-mail so often.

The guy on the phone has said that it would be interesting to know how many people would be interested in downloading the game, because he probably hoped to never hear from you again and you're happy with his answer.

I don't think Studio 3 will make their old games available anywhere for free. As many other people they'll probably convert their old games to Game Boy Advance and will earn money again with classic games. That's business. They already released IK for GBC.

Also we from Back2roots.org never could convince Studio 3 to release their classic Amiga games to the public for free.

Some info about Putty Squad: Studio 3 (System 3) never released this game officially for Amiga. The game was in development, but never reached the stores.
In 1999 a guy called Steven Flowers officially released Putty Squad for Amiga under the label of his company Alive Mediasoft. Alive Mediasoft became very "famous", because they ripped off nearly all developers which produced games for them. Most of them never saw one cent for their work. Also Alive Mediasoft re-released many classic Amiga games (e.g. Turrican, Ambermoon, Kick Off, Inherit the earth, all games from Neo Software etc.) illegally! They never purchased the rights for all these games and I'm 100% sure it's the same with Putty Squad.
After this story became public Steven Flowers left the Amiga community.
Old 09 December 2001, 18:40   #18
RCK
Administrator

What did I said you guys ? ... spamming won't help us.
Totally agree with Bobic.

Note: Studio3 also released "International Karate Advanced" for GBA.
Old 09 December 2001, 23:09   #19
MethodGit

NOW you tell us??!! Now I fear we've all blown our chances of seeing this game come to light.
Old 09 December 2001, 23:37   #20
Peanutuk

Well you cant blame us for being enthusiastic...............

............and if it was a bad idea to start with then............?