English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Sprites

Old 13 July 2005, 22:29   #1
Ironclaw
Banned

[Request] Moonstone sprites

People have been using the gfx ripper now for some time and have been able to rip all various type of games. Could someone please try to rip Moonstone?

I have about 50% of the Moonstone sprites ripped, by hand - removing each pixel around each sprite. This was done before the gfx ripper were released.

Not having all the sprites is what is holding me back in my current project of programming a sequel of Moonstone.

Before someone tells me to try to rip the sprites with gthe fx ripper by myself, I have tried and only way for me to rip them now is by doing the slow way of taking screenshots and removing the unwanted pixels of each screenshot. If no one wants to rip the sprites, I guess I have no choise but to rip them myself in the slow way. But will take some time before I start, cuz it's so boring .
Old 13 July 2005, 22:34   #2
gifgit
Retarded and dribbling

1:Which sprites do you already have?
2: upload a save state to the zone and I will have a go for you.
3:do you want me to rip all the sprites,even the ones you have already ripped?

Last edited by gifgit; 13 July 2005 at 22:40.
Old 13 July 2005, 22:52   #3
Ironclaw
Banned

Most importantly I want the enemy sprites. I have all the movements as screenshots but havnt bothered to extract the sprites from them yet.

I will start the game up and get some savestates...
Old 13 July 2005, 23:18   #4
Ironclaw
Banned

Ok, choosed one enemy for the moment to see if someone can rip these type of sprites.

I used a savestate to get right into the game, unfortunately I had Winuae set on 2mb chip and 4 mb fast, so the savestate (saved as uncompressed of course) is 6mbs, would be around 500kb if I had it set to 512kb chip and 512kb fast. I didn't zip the file cause some people are afraid of opening zip files. Never fear anything from me though .

Quote:
3:do you want me to rip all the sprites,even the ones you have already ripped?
Sure, that would be nice, cuz then we have them all nicely in spritesheets. All the sprites I have ripped are in gifs (finished), like swing1.gif, swing2.gif... I don't have any spritesheets. If you can rip these enemy sprites, I will neatly provide all the enemy savestates.

MSEnemy1.uss

This enemy: (to the left )

Last edited by Ironclaw; 14 July 2005 at 01:08.
Old 13 July 2005, 23:32   #5
maVado

I tried moonstone yesterday, its hard to rip because every sprite has different measures and so you have to do it one by one by one which will take a while.

I can help also.
Old 13 July 2005, 23:54   #6
Ironclaw
Banned

Great guys . Thanks.
Old 14 July 2005, 00:02   #7
maVado

i just started with this enemy, can you upload more savestates ? (1MB max plz )

the tiles are either 48, or 32 in X and various Y, 4 bitplanes, AM Mode

Edit: here is a start, still incomplete, but the graphics are rippable, but it takes forever to put all the small parts together to an image ...

- attachment removed -

Last edited by maVado; 15 July 2005 at 00:21.
Old 14 July 2005, 01:07   #8
Ironclaw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maVado
here is a start, still incomplete, but the graphics are rippable, but it takes forever to put all the small parts together to an image ...
So... maybe I should rip it the old fashion way instead? . Oh well. Will still post some more enemies.

MSEnemy2.uss

MSEnemy3.uss

MSEnemy4.uss

MSEnemy5.uss

MSEnemy6.uss

MSEnemy7.uss
Old 14 July 2005, 08:37   #9
maVado

well i guess you have to play the game several times to see all the animations in action so that you know what part belongs to what, for example take the sheet i attached in line 3 you see 4 animations sequences where the enemy get hit. Only the first one was a complete sprite, the next sprite where just the blood covered parts, this is where the guessing start, if its a part of its head, or leg, or arm and so on...

The next thing is that weapons are not included in the sprites so you have to rip and add them extra.

I'll drop the first enemy and will have a look at him at the weekend, maybe gifgit has more luck finding all the small parts

i will give that lion thing a try this evening, Enemy2
Old 14 July 2005, 10:30   #10
gifgit
Retarded and dribbling

I`ll start on this later.
Old 14 July 2005, 11:46   #11
Ironclaw
Banned

Well, if the pieces isn't put into place correctly so they look exactly like the game, I mean pixelperfect... I wouldn't feel good about using them, I'm a bit of a perfectionist. As I have alot of screenshots for all the movements for some monsters, which I was gonna use to extract the sprites from, I thought I'd take the sprites you rip and look at my screenshots and then just cut out the missing parts from my pictures and paste them onto the sprites, so with my screenshots, you can see exactly where the missing pieces are going.

But I don't aught to, but if you like, someone else can do it. Here are 115 bmp pictures with all movements from MSEnemy5, MSEnemy2 and some knight deaths http://zeq2.com/access/Ironclaw/MSPics.zip

But I guess..... well, if someone doesn't come up with a way to put the pieces back in a pixel perfect way, I'll start to rip them by hand. I'll give it a week to see if someone comes up with a good method.
Old 14 July 2005, 13:10   #12
maVado

ok with the help of those pictures i know where to put the sprite tiles, i will complete the spriteset for Enemy5!

About Pixel perfection, look at my other rips, no bad pixels anywhere , i do take care that everything is perfect!

Edit: here is your Enemy1, still missing the weapon though ... i will add them later, all that gory stuff and blood was a nightmare

-attachment removed-

Last edited by maVado; 17 July 2005 at 23:14.
Old 17 July 2005, 20:30   #13
maVado

here is your Enemy1, two things are still to do:

1. fix one frame of the swinging attack, i could find the "swing" but not the axe part
2. fix the up walking animation by putting the axe at the right place, i had no picture as reference, but i included the axe sprite

now looking into Enemy2, should be ready in a couple of days, The first took mit 6+ hours

Edit: The Savestate for Enemy2 is broken or compressed, can you upload it again ? I take Enemy 7 in the meantime

Last edited by maVado; 14 August 2005 at 17:02.
Old 17 July 2005, 21:13   #14
kriz

Great work as always by maVado !!
Old 17 July 2005, 21:13   #15
Ironclaw
Banned

Great work so far . But if it takes like 6 hours to put it together, it's much faster to rip the from the screenshots.
Old 17 July 2005, 23:04   #16
maVado

this was new to me, having everything split up and putting it together like a puzzle.

Here is Enemy 7, in all of its peaces, non is missing, all you need to do is putting it together. There is only wrong palette on all club parts that are seperated from the body, and on all of the swing stuff. You should be able to put this guy together easily

This time it was just one and a half hour to rip.

Let me know if i should continue like this or if you want to rip from screenshots.

Last edited by maVado; 14 August 2005 at 17:02.
Old 18 July 2005, 00:52   #17
Ironclaw
Banned

Ok, thanks anyway, but I rather rip them from the screenshot as I will get the correct palette, correct pieces in pixel correct places etc..

Too bad that of all games, I need the sprites from this one and they are hard to rip.

I might still use the enemy1 sprites when I get to the point where I will be needing them , saves me some time.

Thanks again, alteast you got some training out of this (I think) .
Old 01 September 2005, 15:54   #18
petza

Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw
People have been using the gfx ripper now for some time and have been able to rip all various type of games. Could someone please try to rip Moonstone?

I have about 50% of the Moonstone sprites ripped, by hand - removing each pixel around each sprite. This was done before the gfx ripper were released.

Not having all the sprites is what is holding me back in my current project of programming a sequel of Moonstone.

Before someone tells me to try to rip the sprites with gthe fx ripper by myself, I have tried and only way for me to rip them now is by doing the slow way of taking screenshots and removing the unwanted pixels of each screenshot. If no one wants to rip the sprites, I guess I have no choise but to rip them myself in the slow way. But will take some time before I start, cuz it's so boring .

AWESOME DOODE MOONSTONE ROCKS GOOD LUCK
IS IT FOR THE PC OR AMIGA
IF ITS FOR THE PC ARE U GOING TO MAKE IT 2 PLAYER
IT WOULD ROCK IF 2 PLAYERS COULD FIGHT TOGETHER INSTEAD AGAISNT EACH OTHER

Last edited by petza; 01 September 2005 at 16:06.
Old 01 September 2005, 17:18   #19
Ironclaw
Banned

Nah, it will be one player and playable with the Flash plugin which the PC and Mac has,, the amiga also have the Flash plugin i think.
Old 01 September 2005, 17:51   #20
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by petza
AWESOME DOODE MOONSTONE ROCKS GOOD LUCK
IS IT FOR THE PC OR AMIGA
IF ITS FOR THE PC ARE U GOING TO MAKE IT 2 PLAYER
IT WOULD ROCK IF 2 PLAYERS COULD FIGHT TOGETHER INSTEAD AGAISNT EACH OTHER
Is your caps-lock stuck on???