English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad > project.Killergorilla's WHD packs

Old 17 July 2007, 16:13   #1
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Post Adding information on KGWHD packs to HOL

Moved from request thread as it has nothing to do with requests. Created this new thread for this

@ Anubis:

You want me to create a list from my game directory? (Only the latest install of each game are included, all erroneous games removed)

Last edited by killergorilla; 19 July 2007 at 10:30.
Old 17 July 2007, 16:17   #2
Anubis
Retro Gamer

No, I asked RCK to add KG's WHDLoad installs into HOL. If he doesn't do that, I'll have to ask him for a copy of DB (like in Excel) so that I can mark already installed, bad installs etc...

I started with DB creation, but apparantly I've lost it with computer change.

If no help from RCK, I'll recreate DB.
Old 17 July 2007, 23:21   #3
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Is there really a need for this in HOL? I don't really think it belongs. We ditched all the "does this game exist in a warez compilation" from HOL because we felt it didn't belong, like this.

If there are bugs in slaves, report them to the WHDLoad author so the original can be fixed. Then it will filter down to be fixed in KG's packs aswell.
Old 17 July 2007, 23:36   #4
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

I think I agree with you codetapper, I don't really think HOL needs to include that info... just doesn't seem... relevant really.

Granted it'd make it easier for Anubis but surely a list of all games included in the packs is enough?
Old 18 July 2007, 13:46   #5
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
Is there really a need for this in HOL? I don't really think it belongs. We ditched all the "does this game exist in a warez compilation" from HOL because we felt it didn't belong, like this.

If there are bugs in slaves, report them to the WHDLoad author so the original can be fixed. Then it will filter down to be fixed in KG's packs aswell.
I just think that it might be nice, just the same as WHDLoad or SPS info.

Also it would help them with requests and would be easier in the future to check what games were missed (if any ) etc.

If it is the problem to have them in HOL, is there a way to get data from HOL and I can create different site with additional info about the games. (or at least game dump, so I don't have to recreate complete list and copy most of the data from HOL )
Old 18 July 2007, 23:16   #6
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

I really don't understand the reasoning for this. You can see every game that has a WHDLoad install by looking on the WHDLoad site! And KG has a list of all the games he has done.

I have practically every WHDLoad install made, so can supply the missing ones. Therefore I don't see what any of this has to do with HOL. The HOL site is getting WHDLoad information from the WHDLoad site once a week, so why on earth should we add HOL into the mix?

As for Bubble Bobble, I uploaded it to the Action-Testers group as well as the zone, and it's in a nice compact format with all 4 versions supported and all files packed. Recreating it seems pointless as I used the SPS versions to make the install!

RCK has far better things to do than add extra fields for basically warez packs imho. The WHDLoad site has a nice page that lists every install on one page so extracting the text should be very easy. Now let's end this madness!
Old 19 July 2007, 02:21   #7
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
This is Sparta ?
Old 19 July 2007, 13:25   #8
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Sound to me like that.

KG, do you have a list of the HOL IDs of the games that you have already included in packs/updates??
Old 19 July 2007, 13:54   #9
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

As it happens.... no I don't

I am helpful aren't I?!
Old 19 July 2007, 14:56   #10
pbareges

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla View Post
As it happens.... no I don't

I am helpful aren't I?!
YES YOU ARE! YOU ARE AT LEAST ESSENTIAL!

totally agree that a clean abc index of all the games included in your packs with reference to their respective packs, version info,... would be useful!

but also totally agree that hol is not the place to include this information!
Old 19 July 2007, 15:05   #11
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Thanks sir

It might be worth taking a look at Magix's site: www.whdownload.com as he clearly has the SPS IDs and the HOL IDs all in his database.

It doesn't have all of the latest ones on there but it's definitely a start!

You might want to cross reference it with my DAT/list as well though as quite a few games have been updated/changed/removed from the packs and you might only want to include all of the ones which are currently 100% ok.
Old 19 July 2007, 19:56   #12
Anubis
Retro Gamer

What I need to create is HOL refference, not SPS.

This will take some time...