English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 08 April 2014, 13:55   #1
Kador

Some files are missing

Hello

I'm trying to use the game easy launch feature with fsuae launcher. I have a bunch of lha'ed whdload and the needed rom.

I alwys get the cryptic "some files are missing" message. I tried many things :
- first, it does not see that fsuae recongnizes my packages, as all arrows are yellow
- I tried to force the file path in the hard drives section, while choosing the whdload variant on le list first -> same result
- I tried to download a new zipped whdload game package and point the hard drive path to this file, same result.

Any clue ?

Besides, the drop down on top of the list of configurations always show one choice for me "All games and configuration". Is it normal ?

Old 08 April 2014, 14:05   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kador View Post
I'm trying to use the game easy launch feature with fsuae launcher. I have a bunch of lha'ed whdload and the needed rom.
It sounds like you are also trying the online database. That's two different but related features (see below).

Quote:
I alwys get the cryptic "some files are missing" message.
It isn't really that cryptic, is it? It means that one or more files needed to start the game was not found in your file database (see below).

Quote:
- first, it does not see that fsuae recongnizes my packages, as all arrows are yellow
- I tried to force the file path in the hard drives section, while choosing the whdload variant on le list first -> same result
- I tried to download a new zipped whdload game package and point the hard drive path to this file, same result.
As I said above, that's two different features. If using a WHDLoad variant from the online database, you cannot also point the hard drive to an archive.

Instead, run the "scan files and configurations" to make sure the contents of the archive(s) is indexed in FS-UAE Launcher's database

Quote:
Besides, the drop down on top of the list of configurations always show one choice for me "All games and configuration". Is it normal ?
Yes, the drop-down is for selecting other game lists (game lists can be maintained on oagd.net, but the interface there isn't done yet).
Old 09 April 2014, 10:49   #3
Kador

When I said "cryptic", it's just that you don't know which files are missing !

Anyway, I did a complete rescan, and now it works :-)

Thanks for your answer.