English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 02 April 2014, 10:56   #101
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenLeftFingers View Post
It would be great if the mouse wheel would rotate the carousel. Just a suggestion
It's not that useful until the mouse also can control the rest of the interface in my opinion, but sure, something to keep on the todo list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
Feature Request: I know I've mentioned this before, but can the deframgent maintenance be run on startup of the Launcher? I find that I have to run this manually each time FS-UAE Launcher is launched, otherwise navigating the games list feels sluggish. Thanks.
Defragmenting (vacuuming) the databases often does not really have any benefit, but I'm guessing you experience a side-effect - that the entire database file is put in the operating system's in-memory file cache.

No, I won't run the defrag operation on startup, but I will probably look at making the search more efficient later
Old 02 April 2014, 10:56   #102
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason H View Post
Feature Request: I know I've mentioned this before, but can the deframgent maintenance be run on startup of the Launcher? I find that I have to run this manually each time FS-UAE Launcher is launched, otherwise navigating the games list feels sluggish. Thanks.
Doesn't defragging the database take awhile though, will mean a longer start up time. Other than that, good tip I just did it myself and the Game Database is nice and quick now
Old 04 April 2014, 00:27   #103
Jason H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
Doesn't defragging the database take awhile though..
No, not for me. When I run, it takes less than 3 seconds. So its not a big problem, its just something that I have to run manually when I first open the Launcher.
Old 05 April 2014, 05:06   #104
TenLeftFingers

Here's a new issue on a fresh install of Ubuntu 14.04 (which is in Beta). According to a search a Fedora user solved the issue by updating his MESA libraries so it could be just a dependency issue:

libGL error: pci id for fd 13: 80ee:beef, driver (null)
OpenGL Warning: glFlushVertexArrayRangeNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glVertexArrayRangeNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glCombinerInputNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glCombinerOutputNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glCombinerParameterfNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glCombinerParameterfvNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glCombinerParameteriNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glCombinerParameterivNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glFinalCombinerInputNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glGetCombinerInputParameterfvNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glGetCombinerInputParameterivNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glGetCombinerOutputParameterfvNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glGetCombinerOutputParameterivNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glGetFinalCombinerInputParameterfvNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glGetFinalCombinerInputParameterivNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glDeleteFencesNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glFinishFenceNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glGenFencesNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glGetFenceivNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glIsFenceNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glSetFenceNV not found in mesa table
OpenGL Warning: glTestFenceNV not found in mesa table
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Attached Files
File Type: txt FS-UAE.log.txt (4.0 KB, 194 views)
Old 05 April 2014, 20:57   #105
TenLeftFingers

Also, removing a game and rescanning has the result that the entry remains in FS-UAE and the ArcadeLauncher. There is a joystick icon and the text that some of the files may be missing. In fact, the .zip for the game has been deleted.
Old 06 April 2014, 23:48   #106
lesta_smsc

Just tried out the latest FS UAE. Amazing how it all runs so well! BTW does this download the relevant games from a server before playing? Is there an easier way to start network games yet
Old 15 April 2014, 20:29   #107
XimeR

Hi Frode.

Is there any way to use fs-uae on two monitors so that I have the Launcher GUI on one screen, and the game playing in full screen on the other?

I'm trying to use fs-uae with Rom Collection Browser in XBMC (running on the second screen), but whenever I launch a game from there, it always pops up on the first screen.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 17 April 2014, 12:11   #108
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi XimeR. Depending on your operating system, you might be able to set the environment variable SDL_VIDEO_FULLSCREEN_HEAD (google for it). Another possibility could be to use "fullscreen" window mode and play around with the SDL_VIDEO_WINDOW_POS environment variable.

If not, I'll probably soon be able to add an explicit option (to the development series) for output display. I'm switching to SDL 2.0 which has API support for multiple displays.

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 17 April 2014 at 12:40.
Old 16 May 2014, 22:33   #109
TenLeftFingers

I'm on 2.4.1 and I get no sound anymore. System sounds are fine (Ubuntu 14.04). The files reside on a Samba server but worked fine before as far as I can recall. Logs attached!
Attached Files
File Type: txt fs-uae.log.txt (39.5 KB, 483 views)
Old 16 May 2014, 22:51   #110
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@TenLeftFingers when you say "anymore", do you mean it stopped working when you upgraded from version x.y.z to 2.4.1, or that it stopped after another event (system upgrade? anything else?), or just stopped working one day without any apparent explanation?

(Nothing apparently wrong in the logs)
Old 16 May 2014, 23:21   #111
TenLeftFingers

Well, there have been quite a few system updates over the last two months (since I last used used FS-UAE), so I can't pinpoint a change. It's the only thing not generating audio output now though. I thought the "restarting audio stream 0 (buffer underrun)" looked suspicious.

Pressing F12 shows that the volume is full also...

Also tried rebooting, disabling other appliactions that might be hogging the audio before starting FS-UAE. Still no luck.

<edit>While doing something completely unrelated (ferrying kids on and off a bouncy castle at a party), I remembered editing the pulseaudio config file recently in an attempt to mix my stereo to mono/joint stereo. I undid my change and now FS-UAE runs fine. I never thought of it because everything else worked after making the change. Apologies - I think I should donate everytime I make a stupid bug report </edit>

Last edited by TenLeftFingers; 17 May 2014 at 21:17.
Old 13 October 2014, 15:31   #112
amiga_Forever
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hi all

Can the keyboard shorts be changed in config file ? Or are u stuck with F12 being a "hot key" ?

For example on a Mac keyboard, make Left Option + Command + Right command simulate soft reset of Amiga 500..

It would be good to allow the user to reconfigure keys to their hearts content, particularly when playing games on keyboard.. (disabling conflicting keyboard shortcuts under OS X as required)

FYI... I'll "donate" if all my fav. games work
Old 13 October 2014, 15:34   #113
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, most keys can be reconfigured, but not the "hot key" right now (you can use either F12 or F11 - both work as the shortcut modifier).

Soft reset is already possible using Ctrl + A + A (which on the Mac keyboard is Ctrl + Left Command + Right Command).
Old 13 October 2014, 15:35   #114
amiga_Forever

ok thanks.

I have a few quirks with running FS-UAE Launcher... It's great software, however one must decide, before hand, what game(s)/disk(s) their likely to use and add them to the "Media Swap List" before starting FS-UAE, so their be available within the emulator.

Same thing with rebooting to a new disk that u must add to the "Media swap List" . Since changes in the GUI in this section only apply when u first open run, not hard/soft reboots, its kind of awkward to to know every single disk your gonna use...... Usually u come across something u didn't notice before, but u must first quit the emulator to apply changes..

In addition, when quitting, there is a always focused window "Launching FS-UAE" you must cancel otherwise the GUI behind it, is unusable...

It would be better once in the FS-UAE, the can swap disks as will. The Media swap list will still have it's place for multiple games/disks, but u could also swap disks (not add) on FN+F12.

Last edited by amiga_Forever; 14 October 2014 at 10:53.
Old 15 October 2014, 14:06   #115
amiga_Forever

Issues with Games and/or Demos.

Hi all..

I have a few questions :

1. In Cannon Fodder "in-game" where u hold left click, right click to throw grenades, how do I accomplish this with a trackpad in FS-USE because it's just one button. There is "technically" no left and right click separately on a Mac.

2. At the start of Battle Squadron, just after starting the game, it crshes with GURU error.

I've tried over-riding default A500+ setting Chip Mem, and/or tried A1200 (since in the file name i did notice AGA).

Still didn't work.

Last edited by amiga_Forever; 23 October 2014 at 01:54.
Old 15 October 2014, 14:20   #116
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
Buy a real mouse for your Mac
Old 15 October 2014, 18:51   #117
amigafreak68k

You can use this to simulate the right mouse button on the "Alt" key. Simply writeh it to custom settings:

keyboard_key_lalt = action_joy_0_fire_button
Old 15 October 2014, 19:38   #118
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiga_Forever View Post
In Cannon Fodder "in-game" where u hold left click, right click to throw grenades, how do I accomplish this with a trackpad in FS-USE because it's just one button. There is "technically" no left and right click separately on a Mac.
Both Foul's and amigafreak68k's suggestions should work. A third option which is enabled by default is to combine CTRL with a regular mouse click to simulate right click (though a bi-effect is that the Amiga will notice the CTRL keypress, which may or may not matter).

Also, I would say that there technically is a separate left and right click on Mac OS X, it's just quite common to have only one physical button

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiga_Forever View Post
At the start of Battle Squadron, just after starting the game, it crshes with GURU error. I've tried over-riding default A500+ setting Chip Mem, and/or tried A1200 (since in the file name i did notice AGA). Still didn't work.
I/we need more info in order to help you. http://fs-uae.net/log-files-needed. (Specifically, we need to know the game version and your settings. The log files are most likely sufficient).
Old 20 October 2014, 15:57   #119
amiga_Forever

solution solved...

It was just a bad image. I'll try the above for Canon Fodder, but I may have to invest in a joystick as a better option

In addition with FS-UAE, what are the common reasons of a GURU error? It's been a while since i used a real Amiga, but I think either low memory/ or wrong machine/CPU (aka A1200 for AGA, instead of A500)

Any other reason apart from a corrupted image ? or are these the main ones?
Old 23 October 2014, 01:49   #120
amiga_Forever

illegal instruction

Hi all..

When attempting to run up various Demos/ and or games on an A500+ configuration base, in the logs i see "Illegal instruction: 4e7b at 00F80B4C -> 00F80BD4"

What does this mean ?

At which time it throws a GURU, and reboots/cycles.

I'm tried A600 configuration too..

The disk is State of The ARt: Spaceballs... I've even tried overriding memory 1.5MB Chip RAM. but no go. Its Zipped ADF, but that should be ok.
Attached Files
File Type: txt fs-uae.log.txt (40.8 KB, 156 views)

Last edited by amiga_Forever; 23 October 2014 at 02:05.