English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 03 August 2016, 14:07   #61
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Crime Inc just gives me a guru? but from what I can see the game does look a lot like GTA original.

Ok its working Quickstart A500

how do I get in a car?What do I do when I get toEds Diner?

Last edited by Retro1234; 03 August 2016 at 14:22.
Old 03 August 2016, 18:49   #62
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
EDIT: The disk is corrupt. I ran it through QBTools and deleted /mus/voyage.s. Now the disk proceeds to load.
Cheers Arnie; works a treat

I wonder if there are tools out there that can actually fix this file instead of having to delete it?

Judging from the directory it's in i.e. "mus" I would expect it to be some sound / music file. Saying that, I couldn't hear any missing sound / music when running through the complete trailer so

I've put the amended .ADF in The Zone! for others who would like this.
Old 03 August 2016, 23:08   #63
DamienD
Banned

List / details in post #7 (http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=1102979&postcount=7) updated again with the latest information acquired
Old 03 August 2016, 23:22   #64
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Hello DrBong,

Unfortunately the URL linked to from HOL no longer exists. Searched the website for "tomato" & "turbo" but nada

@anyone: hopefully somebody happened to have downloaded this previously and can share with all?
Old 03 August 2016, 23:35   #65
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

@Damien
Have you looked in my upload folder in the last day or so?!

https://is.gd/MKjqVQ
Old 03 August 2016, 23:41   #66
DamienD
Banned

Nope

..but have now; thank you my friend

There are others in the master list that you've also got in your EAB file server [unreleased] directory.

I'm done updating for tonight; will address again tomorrow so we all know where we stand

...then we can concentrate on the final missing
Old 04 August 2016, 11:02   #67
DamienD
Banned

Actually; do you guys think it's worth making this thread "sticky" so that it doesn't get lost as time goes on?
Old 04 August 2016, 19:19   #68
rygar

Of course it's worth
Old 04 August 2016, 19:26   #69
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
<snip>
<snip>
This file in TOSEC is marked as bad "Speed! (demo-playable) (19xx)(Andrzejak, M.)(AGA)[b][WB]" and also requires loading from Workbench...

There's an .LHA archive available on Aminet (as mentioned on the HOL entry): http://aminet.net/package/game/demo/Speed

I've now created a "clean" .ADF from the above which also doesn't require booting from Workbench first

File in The Zone! for anyone who wants
Old 04 August 2016, 19:31   #70
s2325
Zone Friend

It's polish game or at least developer has polish surname. Someone may check anaglyph feature.
Old 04 August 2016, 21:07   #71
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
<snip>
<snip>
Heya all,

Have played around with the above today and made a "HD install" --> "ADF" file

Use a "Quickstart A1200 - 2MB Chip & 4MB Fast RAM configuration"...

"ACSYS - Autonomous Cybernetic System (1996)(Unique Software)(AGA)[unreleased].zip" is now in The Zone! and also on the EAB file server under the directory "~Uploads/DamienD/HD INSTALL --> ADFS"

DrBong (or anyone else really); can you please tell me what's been fixed with:

- ACSYS (WHDLoad HD fixed version)

...I presume that it's the screen "tearing" when jumping etc?
Old 04 August 2016, 21:55   #72
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

@Damien
The WHD readme says that access faults have been removed, so I gather that the game craps out on accelerated AGA machines (I'm guessing 040 and/or 060)......despite the specs that were specified in the demo readme. Memory requirements seem to have been reduced in the WHD version too, with further added bonuses including a trainer and the ability to quit back to Workbench at any time.

Been a good while since I've played the ACSYS demo, but I can't remember any screen tearing. Nothing mentioned in the WHD readme either. Hmmm.....

Quote:
Unfortunately the URL linked to from HOL no longer exists. Searched the website for "tomato" & "turbo" but nada
Will have to update the HOL entry for Turbo Tomato at some stage. Did you test the HDF in my upload folder? If so, does the demo have a version no.? Any chance you can convert the HDF to something that can be used on real hardware? Unfortunately, Girv upped the demo as HDF only. The earlier demo version in my folder - which can be used on real hardware - is about 2 years older IIRC.

Last edited by DrBong; 04 August 2016 at 22:03.
Old 04 August 2016, 22:00   #73
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
@Damien
The WHD readme says that access faults have been removed, so I gather that the game craps out on accelerated AGA machines (I'm guessing 040 and/or 060)......despite the specs that were specified in the demo readme. Memory requirements seem to have been reduced in the WHD version too, with further added bonuses including a trainer and the ability to quit back to Workbench at any time.

Been a good while since I've played the ACSYS demo, but I can't remember any screen tearing. Nothing mentioned in the WHD readme either. Hmmm.....
Cheers for the info

...as mentioned; this screen tearing occurs when jumping / firing in different directions (even when running from a Classic WB 3.1 .HDF) so nothing to do with the .ADF I created.

Maybe it's a WinUAE issue? Can someone with a real Amiga test either the hard drive installed archive or my .ADF (for a quick / no fuss) test?
Old 04 August 2016, 22:03   #74
DamienD
Banned

Ok, definitely a WinUAE issue

...tested in WinUAE v3.0.0 as opposed to v.3.3.0 and no problems what-so-ever. Let me raise this with master Wilen
Old 04 August 2016, 23:20   #75
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Talking about unreleased games, a guy contacted me, he has handy the hard drive of a software dev company coding on Amiga, from back in the day.

He'll send the hard drive (2.5" one, A1200 or A4000 i guess) to me early september, for checking and extraction of the hard drive content.

I wonder what lies on it :P ...... hehehe
Old 04 August 2016, 23:28   #76
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Will have to update the HOL entry for Turbo Tomato at some stage. Did you test the HDF in my upload folder? If so, does the demo have a version no.? Any chance you can convert the HDF to something that can be used on real hardware? Unfortunately, Girv upped the demo as HDF only. The earlier demo version in my folder - which can be used on real hardware - is about 2 years older IIRC.
Sorry ProfBong; missed your updated / edited post...

Ok, so have taken a look at the .HDF file you provided and have now created a .LHA file from that (with all required files inside). You just need to extract this to your real or emulated hard drive

Personally, I tested in WinUAE by extracting to a clean "Classic WB 3.1" .HDF and all is working perfectly

...but you should really test yourself before giving the green light

File in The Zone! my friend.
Old 04 August 2016, 23:32   #77
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
Talking about unreleased games, a guy contacted me, he has handy the hard drive of a software dev company coding on Amiga, from back in the day.

He'll send the hard drive (2.5" one, A1200 or A4000 i guess) to me early september, for checking and extraction of the hard drive content.

I wonder what lies on it :P ...... hehehe
Nice work Denis; you are the master of sourcing unreleased gems

...in advance; well done my friend and thank you

Can't wait to see what's found on these Amigas.
Old 05 August 2016, 01:17   #78
DamienD
Banned

Following on from post #76, I've now made a "HD install" --> "ADF" file of "Turbo Tomato!"

Use a "Quickstart A1200 - 2MB Chip & 4MB Fast RAM configuration"...

"Turbo Tomato! (1999)(John Girvin)[unreleased].zip" is now in The Zone! and also on the EAB file server under the directory "~Uploads/DamienD/HD INSTALL --> ADFS"

@DrBong; I presume that this isn't a full game, only the next stage after the V1116 playable demo?
Old 05 August 2016, 09:53   #79
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Will have to update the HOL entry for Turbo Tomato at some stage. Did you test the HDF in my upload folder? If so, does the demo have a version no.?
Old 05 August 2016, 12:21   #80
DamienD
Banned

RE: Turbo Tomato!
  • With "TurboTomatoV1116_Unreleased_Demo.lha" there is a "TTDemo.txt" file included.
  • With "TurboTomato(21-July-99)_HDF_Unreleased_Demo.zip" there is no such file.
The "TTDemo.txt" contains some useful information like keys etc... so I've slightly modified this (removing V1116 reference / date and installation information) and now added this into the "HD install" --> "ADF" file I created last night.

Updated file is now in The Zone! and also on the EAB file server under the directory "~Uploads/DamienD/HD INSTALL --> ADFS"