English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 21 October 2005, 19:22   #1
woody57

Question Designing Friendly Amiga Hardware search site

Ok I tried I failed, my own purile attempt at making a useable hardware resources site was a joke

As it was NOT Amiga user friendly and looked TOO much like a home website instead of a proffesional resource

To do the job justice its going to take someone who can write my sql to produce an index page thats searchable by , hardware catorgrie , Amiga model & search engine description

Obviously if a graphic artist can come up with a colour scheme, buttons & logo that are Happy to display in amiga user modes that too is a consideration to be asked for.

As a title the "Friendly Expanded Amiga Resource" site or F.E.A.R is suguested but some of you will be sure come up with something better.

For a completetion date for it's design if I were to say 4-6 weeks would that be enough for a site to be made?

Hopefully a volanteer will come forward or do I have to use BLACKMAiL

Last edited by woody57; 22 October 2005 at 08:33.
Old 22 October 2005, 08:46   #2
woody57

Eek Ok so my first plea has not found a a HELPFUL TARGET

The reason to build EAB its own hardware picture & data site is so rediects are NOT needed & we can use simpler to understand conection pictures to help ALL members identify how to do things easier, along with pdf downloadable information sheets/manuals to fill in the specification gaps.

All I stand to gain out of this project is the knoledge that in future a lot of time and effort doesn't have to be duplicated & the EAB members know they have contributed in its making.

I understand coders & website designers of any profesional ability have their hands full most of the time, so if my time request is putting prospective volanteers off PLEASE TELL ME

As I don't expect to have the data ready enough for entry for another year or so as it will take time to compile.

As this will be an Abime net hosted project its NOT going to disapear so DON't think I,m going to quit asking for help eiether, if you lot are only motivated by BLACKMAIL then so be it expect me to start producing both the video & pictorial evidence of your private foibles for ALL to see

Somehow I don't think it will come to that....or will it
Old 22 October 2005, 09:30   #3
AMIGAZ
Amiga-Mad

Send a message via ICQ to AMIGAZ
I wish I could be of help because I really love this idea but my knowledge about designing/building webpages in zero
Old 22 October 2005, 09:40   #4
woody57

Thanks Amigaz

I know that further down the line when it comes to taking pictures of hardware, providing user reviews & any manuals you can send scans of will be an area you can contribute in

The current problem is motivating a site designer into the team as I said earlier these guys are so buzy sometimes it takes stealth tactics to get them on board ....

But I certainly won't quit shouting till we get one or two to help
while member eLowar has offered to help after xmas I would prefer to have something even if only the basics for him to be able to pick up on, rather than feeling it's all down to just one man .
Old 27 October 2005, 12:01   #5
BinoX
Miggy Man

Hi there,

I can do php and sql scripting and would be happy to help out... However my design skills are kinda crappy.. but if someone wants to photoshop something up I'm sure I can make a nice HTML page from it

With all the help I get from this board I think I should give something back

Edit:
I thought I should point out that my actual job is web scripting and sql er.. databasering.. lol
Old 27 October 2005, 15:31   #6
woody57

Thank you for your sterling offer BINOX

I will contact you by PM to add a few details but primarily , I understand you would like a premade photoshop button & logo set to work around with , this I can arrange as a simple co-ordinated colour scheme can make a huge difference in the useabilty of any website/database.

This project is about to given its OWN forum within EAB,so this project can begin to rationalise it's efforts, construction & data gathering.

Welcome to the team
Old 27 October 2005, 20:23   #7
BinoX
Miggy Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody57
Thank you for your sterling offer BINOX

I will contact you by PM to add a few details but primarily , I understand you would like a premade photoshop button & logo set to work around with , this I can arrange as a simple co-ordinated colour scheme can make a huge difference in the useabilty of any website/database.

This project is about to given its OWN forum within EAB,so this project can begin to rationalise it's efforts, construction & data gathering.

Welcome to the team
Thanks ^_^

Yeah, The button set etc is just what I'd want

Eagerly awaiting your PM
Old 24 May 2006, 15:09   #8
Haakon

Is the hardware site any closer to release? Looking forward to that...