English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 10 September 2001, 04:03   #1
birdy-scc
Banned

most offensive game (in general)

This is an aside from the gayest character thread, but what about the most offensive game in general? (commercial or not)

I remember a game called Paki-Bash which was a rip-off of Sidewinder where the main spaceship was replaced with a klansman :kill and the "aliens" replaced with guys on flying carpets.

There was a reward of about £1000 offered by the British Moslems for info about who made it (it was in the same year as the Salman Rushdie "fatwa").

I think there was a German game about killing Turks also, but what about the rest? And are they collected by the die hard fans?

A little bit of politics there.
Old 10 September 2001, 04:28   #2
oldpx

A german game about killing Turks? Turks helped them to improve their economy after WW2, and then they decide to kill Turks? duh.

That one is interesting. Do you remember it's name? Do you have the street address of the programmer. Can you describe how he looks?

Anyway as far as I remember there was "Roll or Die" and there were insults about disabled people.

Old 10 September 2001, 04:40   #3
birdy-scc
Banned

I don't know much about that game, it may actually have been on the C64 - it was a long time ago...But I think it was set in some kind of concentration camp (sorry!)

Now that I've thought of the C64, there was a modified version of International Soccer, which featured wheelchair bound players and a goalie on crutches. I must admit, that still makes me smile
Old 10 September 2001, 07:58   #4
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Well, I am half Arab, and half Turk, so I am offended by both games. Any games that kill animals, I hate. I can play a game that murders people with super guns or wreak mass havoc in a strategy game, but not aniamals. Oh, and the despicable anti-Turk game also had a choice to choose between killing Jews or Turks.
Filth. Pure, cowardly filth. The ones who wrote the programs would not even half a tenth of the guts of a German soldier in WW2.
Edepsiz, terbiasiz!!!
Old 10 September 2001, 09:16   #5
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

On the other hand, it's still just a game. Not even a political statement. When I hear NWA singing about killing white cops (not just cops, but white cops), I find that a bit more offensive since they are using their music as a political forum and in the process, fuel and incite their community to act on that. I cannot imagine such a response coming from a video game.

Likewise, when I hear political leaders like Jesse Jackson complaining about crime in urban areas, he says that the worst thing about it is that it's black on black crimes! ?!?! What the hell is that supposed to mean? That it would be better if it were blacks committing crimes against whites? And nobody in the media ever questions statements like these?

Anyhow, that is what offends me (from a racial standpoint, other than the obvious). But a video game? It's like somebody using an epithet like the 'n' word. It means nothing. Just somebody who has nothing better to do with their time than to spread hate. I'd rather see it in a videogame than in a bombing.

Roll Or Die: hysterically funny game! One of those games you are ashamed to admit you think is funny, but it's extremely well presented (except for the fact that I hate waggling!) in a Cinemaware manner.

The Bleed series would be considered offensive by many. And Rape Games II is about as far over the bad taste fringe as can be imagined (not just rape, but bestiality!) Females are probably offended by Pussy Quest: A Day in the Bush. Schoolyard Slaughter is pretty sick, really (killing children just because they are there is rather disturbing considering how many parents have been offing their kids this year...)

And was it on the AEN message forum that some guy was vigorously seeking out some racist game that everybody was up in arms over? Does anybody remember this discussion?

But off the top of my head, I cannot think of a game that has offended me.
Old 10 September 2001, 09:16   #6
APFelon
Cable Buyer

The only insulting game I have ever witnessed is "Rainbow Warrior". Blargh.
Old 10 September 2001, 15:13   #7
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Post Schoolyard Slaughter

I remember this small pd game came out about a week after there was a big massacre in America where 2 schoolboys went on a rampage with their fathers guns and killed loads of their classmates. This game was in the national news over here in the UK when it was released. I remember seeing a whole piece about it on BBC TV news where they branded it "sick" and wanted it to be banned. Too right. It should have been banned simply for the crapness of the game. I think they showed an Amiga magazine with an advert for the game in it. It's amazing, something that clearly took all of 2 hours to make could motivate such emotion. And on such a major scale too!
Old 10 September 2001, 16:25   #8
Amigaboy

The game that really offended me is....

Attack Of The Killer Leech

Whoever coded that must've had shit for brains or something. Highly offensive. Stay away...You've been warned

Old 10 September 2001, 19:11   #9
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin'Ghost

And was it on the AEN message forum that some guy was vigorously seeking out some racist game that everybody was up in arms over? Does anybody remember this discussion?
Indeed it was. The guy got flamed for wanting the game. I am still interested in looking at it, that kind of games are so pathetic they make me laugh.

Birdy, I remember the wheelchair soccer. For the C64. it's funny how badly they hacked it

The game I found teh most offensive is, yes, Akira. I was feeling outraged, what a disgrace to my name.

Oh, and Dangerous Streets
Old 10 September 2001, 21:06   #10
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

There you go about Dangerous Streets again. No relation to the very col Wild Streets, I hope.
Old 11 September 2001, 13:13   #11
RetroMan

I completely agree with Twistin' ..... the BLEED games were REALLY offensive ...... still downloadable at Aminet btw. These Anti-Turk games you´re speaking off are made by rassists here in Germany and I don´t have a clue how to get rid of them, these people don´t have the guts to write their names under the games and I really dislike it, this became personal cause some time when I get into a IRC channel the people call me a RASSIST or NAZI just for being from Germany without knowing me ....... these rassists are no human beings IMHO ..... but if I would say "LETS KILL´EM ALL" I would not be any better then them, so .... let´s hope those people get a better opinion of life in the future (well, at least HOPE .... don´t think it will be that way )
Old 01 December 2007, 10:38   #12
s2325
Zone Friend

Rainbow Warriors for Amiga - little white seals killed with club with blood splat (and game have happy, silly music)
Old 02 December 2007, 02:29   #13
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Got two with "blood splat":

Walker and Fire Power. Both show human beings crushed to pieces. Both were set on the forbidden game list in Germany; probably not by pure luck.
Old 02 December 2007, 03:00   #14
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

i find Great Giana Sisters to be the most offensive game.

Largely because it's crap.
Old 02 December 2007, 09:04   #15
Incomparabile

Send a message via ICQ to Incomparabile Send a message via MSN to Incomparabile Send a message via Yahoo to Incomparabile
Spitting Image: the game story referred to a future war where Italians would have retired before war started.
Old 29 June 2008, 22:37   #16
s2325
Zone Friend

Blood Splatter 2 (Atari ST):

Last edited by s2325; 24 April 2015 at 23:32.
Old 29 June 2008, 23:13   #17
laffer
Zone Friend

This makes me wonder.. were there any really blasphemous games? I'd be especially interested if they are good as well. I could use something to vent my frustration over religion
Old 29 June 2008, 23:19   #18
spiff
Oh noes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laffer View Post
This makes me wonder.. were there any really blasphemous games? I'd be especially interested if they are good as well. I could use something to vent my frustration over religion
You're talking about religion, pretty much anything you do in a game is blasphemous depending on how the scriptures are interpreted.
Old 29 June 2008, 23:46   #19
CongealedWallrs

This is a good list and there are many games that I had not heard of before.

I don't go out of my way to find such games but I for one am always interested in playing them just to see if I am shocked. Usually if I am, I never play or speak of that game again

I think perhaps some games mentioned here are a little over the top for me but at least they are retro games and I like that!

I don't think it is that offensive but Thrill Kill is number one of the 'Most Violent' list that I found ages ago on GameFAQs:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/top10/909.html
Old 29 June 2008, 23:55   #20
laser
Banned

Phuk the world..is very offensive...at least for me ... Im a saint

http://aminet.net/game/jump/ptw.lha