English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 14 January 2004, 10:33   #1
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Amiga Sale Price Advice

Wondering to sell or keep. Some price advice please people - should I just Ebay these bits??

V-Adaptor for A1200 PCMCIA slot

PCMCIA Ethernet card + PowerLAN s/w

Z4 Bus-Board + Z4 IDE Flyer

Warpdrive 040/40 + SCSI

Hypercom 3+ (2 serial, 1 parallel)

BlizzardPPC 603e 160/040/25mhz with 2x64mb SIMMs

BlizzardVision PPC graphics card

Cybervision 64/3d, Cybervision Scan doubler

A4000 Desktop, 3.1 Roms, 030 CPU, A4091 SCSI, SCSI CD & HD

EZTower Z4, Apollo 060/66, Mediator PCI, Voodoo 4500, TV card, 100Mbit network, Soundblaster 128, Buffered IDE i/f, 32xCD, 10Gb HD, OS 3.9 etc etc...

BY THE WAY, IF ANYONE EMAILS ME ASKING "HOW MUCH DO U WANT FOR xxx MATE" I WILL DELETE IT WITHOUT RESPONDING!!!
Old 14 January 2004, 18:34   #2
Chuckles
The Ancient One

What an odd mix of attitudes! Maybe it's just me, but it strikes me as odd to post a message asking other people for their help in the form of advice, and then end that post by informing them that in the event that they should dare to inquire about the possibility of purchasing any of the items you listed, it is your intent to ignore them.

Not a "people person", eh?
Old 14 January 2004, 19:40   #3
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Not at all but if you found you had 40 emails, not a single one offering price advice but asking you to name a price WHEN YOU HAD ASKED FOR ADVICE... you tell me.. wouldnt you feel a little pissed? Its happened before to me so I am saving everyone the trouble
Old 14 January 2004, 20:53   #4
Chuckles
The Ancient One

I hear you, though I don't think I'd end up getting pissed off. I'd probably be more likely simply to quote them a price that was probably too high, but that I'd be quite happy to accept. If they took me up on that price then I'd sell it to them, and if they instead argued that the price was too high, I'd invite them to make a counter offer. If I found that to be acceptable then I'd take it, otherwise I'd at least have gotten some idea from the exchange of what at least one person might be willing (or unwilling) to pay. P.T. Barnum is rumored to have once said that "there's a sucker born every minute", so maybe you'll get lucky and those will be the people who e-mail you asking for a price, and you can end up making a nice profit.

Unfortunately, when you're talking about old hardware, it's kind of difficult to establish what anything is really "worth". In essence, it's worth whatever somebody is willing to pay, and that seems to vary an awful lot if eBay prices are any indication. For instance, I picked up a complete Apple IIGS system on eBay for the princely sum of $6.51 USD, but have seen similar systems end up selling for $100 or more, depending on the phase of the moon. Your best bet would probably be to look for similar items being sold on eBay and watch to see what they end up selling for over a period of time. That might at least get you an idea of what price range your things would fall into.

Sorry that I can't give you any better of an answer than that, but I honestly have no idea of what sort of prices the items on your list might bring.

By the way, how much do you want for the ...
Old 14 January 2004, 21:08   #5
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Happy

250 quid to you mate
Old 15 January 2004, 01:38   #6
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuckles
For instance, I picked up a complete Apple IIGS system on eBay for the princely sum of $6.51 USD, but have seen similar systems end up selling for $100 or more, depending on the phase of the moon.
Nice one, I bought mine (save monitor and floppy drive) for 10 bucks so you got the better deal!

Methanoid, for your newer stuff you should check some online amiga shop, but for the rest I really am not sure.
Old 15 January 2004, 14:26   #7
Unknown_K

Send a message via ICQ to Unknown_K
The only IIgs that go for $100 are the ones with a scsi card installed and extra memory (not the common 1mb expansion card). A rev C scsi card goes for $50 alone, the highspeed apple card and 3rd party cards are $75 or more and they always sell.

In the US schools have dumped so many IIgs that the stock units are all but worthless. I think I paid $15 for a IIgs, 1mb expansion card, color monitor, original keyboard and mouse, 3.5" and 5.25" disk drive and the shipping was rather cheap compared to what ebay people ask for. Very nice computer, I have since added an apple scsi card, 100mb scsi drive, 44mb syquest removable drive, and an apple joystick to my collection. I would have upped the memory to 4mb but I dont need it to play any of the IIgs games (1.25mb is more then enough).
Old 15 January 2004, 14:33   #8
Unknown_K

Quote:
Originally posted by Methanoid
Not at all but if you found you had 40 emails, not a single one offering price advice but asking you to name a price WHEN YOU HAD ASKED FOR ADVICE... you tell me.. wouldnt you feel a little pissed? Its happened before to me so I am saving everyone the trouble
What your doing is pissing people off by calling them a dick before they have done anything to deserve it. Coming to a marketplace and asking what you can get for your items on ebay will not get you anywhere. Do you go to the local pawn shop and ask them what the guy down the street would give you for your item and expect a real responce, and before he says anything tells him to fuck off if he is thinking of asking you what you want for the items you braught in?

I say all your stuff is worth $.01 canadian, enjoy your ebay experience.
Old 15 January 2004, 14:36   #9
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Get a life mate - if you have nothing to contribute then don't

Actually a tad unfair, you did suggest I Ebay them so you did contribute something...
Old 15 January 2004, 14:41   #10
Unknown_K

I do have something to contribute $.01 canadian (I hate getting stuck with those pennies here in the US).

Those items get traded all the time on ebay, do a simple search on items that have already sold on ebay UK (unless your time is worth more then everyone elses).

Act like an ass and you will get treated like one. If you would have just asked what the items were worth you would have had a much better responce, and yes you would have had emails that would have asked what you wanted but those are a given with this subject.

:eek
Old 15 January 2004, 14:50   #11
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

"If you would have just asked what the items were worth you would have had a much better responce" (sp!)

So WTF is "Some price advice please people" if not asking what the items are worth.

Sometimes I wonder if Americans and British people speak the same language? Obviously not...
Old 15 January 2004, 15:13   #12
ant512

Re: Amiga Sale Price Advice

V-Adaptor for A1200 PCMCIA slot - These are only about £20 new. £5? £10?

PCMCIA Ethernet card + PowerLAN s/w - Put it on eBay as an "Amiga network card" and it'll probably go for £40-50. Otherwise it'll go for about £10.

Z4 Bus-Board + Z4 IDE Flyer - about £150 new (last time I checked, anyway; might be down to £80 now). Put it on eBay and see what you can get, but they don't tend to go for much these days. People prefer the Mediator solution.

Warpdrive 040/40 + SCSI - Is that a big box or A1200 card? If it's for the 1200, it'll probably go for about £80 on eBay. Otherwise, it could be anything between £50 and £150. It's difficult to tell what people'll pay for big box expansions, as so few people in the UK have big box machines.

Hypercom 3+ (2 serial, 1 parallel) - Got one of those for £10 from eBay.

BlizzardPPC 603e 160/040/25mhz with 2x64mb SIMMs - a small fortune. £200? £250?

BlizzardVision PPC graphics card - not as much as you'd expect. Might be worth bundling it with the BlizzardPPC.

Cybervision 64/3d, Cybervision Scan doubler - The CV64/3D'd go for about £80 on eBay, but the scandoublers are very hard to get hold of, and they're rarely sold together. You might get more if you sell them as a bundle; I'd buy it for my CV64/3D if I had a video slot in my A1200T... £80-£100, maybe? People tend to spend more on PIV graphics cards these days, as the CV64/3D is still available new.

A4000 Desktop, 3.1 Roms, 030 CPU, A4091 SCSI, SCSI CD & HD - another small fortune. £300? £400? Personally, I'd pay up to about £100, and feel guilty for spending money on yet more unnecessary computer hardware. However, I've seen A1000 and A2000 machines go for more than that on eBay.

EZTower Z4, Apollo 060/66, Mediator PCI, Voodoo 4500, TV card, 100Mbit network, Soundblaster 128, Buffered IDE i/f, 32xCD, 10Gb HD, OS 3.9 etc etc... - yet another small fortune, despite the crap accelerator. It lacks the authenticity of the A4000, which will probably count against it, but if you advertise it properly you might be able to get £200-£300 for it.

All of those numbers are just guesses based on what I've seen on eBay. People will probably disagree with me.
Old 15 January 2004, 15:32   #13
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Ant, thanks for helpful comments. I have checked Ebay recently but they changed policy a couple of months (?) back to only store completed items for last 30 days so some items I had no idea over.

I actually sold the 1200/060/Mediator for a good price and your comments on the Blizzard PPC seem to be born out by an email I got from someone who sold his with 32Mb ram and BVision for £260 so I oughta get £200 or so for mine with 128Mb Ram I hope!

I saw one CV ScanDoubler go on Ebay for an OBSCENE amount which kinda puzzled me as I cannot believe anyone would have been that dumb.

Also noticed Scan_X has been selling a system in pieces week by week and getting damn good money so perhaps thats the best way.

There is a tatty plain jane 4000 on EBay UK right now at £102... ISTR they fetch around £150 or so. Mine is much tidier so I better dust off the webcam or borrow a digital camera.

Thanks for the comments tho and your time. Especially like the suggestion to put "Amiga LAN card" in description!! Nice one!!
Old 15 January 2004, 16:28   #14
Chuckles
The Ancient One

Quote:
Originally posted by Unknown_K
The only IIgs that go for $100 are the ones with a scsi card installed and extra memory (not the common 1mb expansion card).
The exception to that is that the "Woz" signature versions of the IIgs do on occasion go for an obscene amount of money, simply because there were only 10,000 of them made. As far as the capabilities of the machine go though, those are probably the least capable of any of the IIgs revisions that were ever made.
Old 15 January 2004, 16:45   #15
Unknown_K

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuckles
The exception to that is that the "Woz" signature versions of the IIgs do on occasion go for an obscene amount of money, simply because there were only 10,000 of them made. As far as the capabilities of the machine go though, those are probably the least capable of any of the IIgs revisions that were ever made.
Woz machines are plentiful and generally dont get much more money on ebay (since they are always being sold there). if one hit $100 it was either a fluke or had some decent hardware and software in it.