English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 01 October 2021, 21:39   #241
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Are you sure that is the correct disk for that file? If it is, then maybe the files was accidentally not compressed after editing.
Old 02 October 2021, 01:09   #242
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Are you sure that is the correct disk for that file? If it is, then maybe the files was accidentally not compressed after editing.
Yes, as malko mentioned above, DamienD compared v1.10 with v1.11 disks. I've done the same and that file definitely needs to be on disk D.
Old 02 October 2021, 10:01   #243
Pyrdacor

I found the issues and released fixed versions today. Please try again and sorry for the trouble.

The script missed the ".amb" extension on 3Lab_data and 3Map_data and therefore failed to find and add the files. Unfortunately error messages are hard to see.

The 2Map_texts.amb was a different issue. But this is fixed now as well. It was too big (due to some mistake by me) and therefore could not be copied to the disk.

Now everything should work with 1.11.
Old 02 October 2021, 17:38   #244
Dunny

Excellent work, thanks very much!
Old 02 October 2021, 23:41   #245
Viceroy

Well Done man!
Old 04 October 2021, 14:03   #246
Pyrdacor

Unfortunately two more issues were reported regarding the release.
- Matthias will not take your money if you buy a harp.
- The game crashes near Gemstone or Snakesign.

I found both causes and fixed them. I updated the recent release 1.11 english and 1.10 german to include the fixes, as those are not fixes of the original game data but was introduced by me due to some tool issues.

So to avoid those issues, please download the files again. I patched all files (ADF release, extracted release and the patches/fixes).

---------

TL;DR. Background info.

The Matthias bug was just a broken event connection inside NPC_char.amb. I guess this happened with an older tool version of my event editor. I repaired it now.

The crash is caused by missing empty files in 1Map_texts.amb. Ambermoon file containers have a strange format. Instead of storing file numbers, they store every file (even if it is empty). So for example when you load 2Map_data.amb there will be 528 files in it, as map 528 is the highest index. But of course most files are just empty. Maps 1 to 256 are provided in 1Map_data.amb and maps 300 to 369 are provided in 3Map_data.amb. Moreover there are lots of unused map indices between 369 and 513. But the format requires to store 528 files to provide the correct indices. So 2Map_data.amb has a huge amount of empty files.

My tools just skipped those and when writing containers, only the highest used index was used. So for 2Map_data.amb my tools worked as 528 is a valid map index and all files in-between were stored as empty files. But for 2Map_texts.amb it was another story. Maps 513 to 528 are Morag world maps which didn't have any texts until 1.10 english. So when re-packing 2Map_texts.amb, my tools did not store empty files for index 513 to 528. Unfortunately the original game tries to load these text files anyway and crash if they are not present, even though they are empty.

With my anti-smuggling protection I added text to the Morag world map and also ensured that there are empty files up to map index 528.

But I forgot to do so for the 1Map_texts.amb. This file stores the texts for all Lyramion world maps. The last one is map 233 (I guess the sign post next to the temple of Sansri). So when I first changed any text in this file and re-packed it, the empty files after 233 were omitted and therefore since then the game crashes when you approach a map above index 233.

I now updated my tools to load and write all empty files as well, so that this should not happen anymore.
Old 07 October 2021, 08:55   #247
Pyrdacor

Ambermoon.net 1.2 is out now. It fixes a bunch of issues. Moreover you now can use up to 30 save slots. I also added a small Thalion logo sequence to the start. It includes original game data 1.11 english and 1.11 german (yes I know there is no 1.11 german yet but I'm working on it and I included the most recent state which fixes an issue with the NPC Sandra so that she hands out the correct key even if you say "DAUGHTER" instead of "SABINE").

There are also tooltips for each attribute, skill and ailment with some useful information and current effects. Moreover for some of the other character stats there are tooltips as well. They include information about next level experience, max age, increasements on level-up and attacks per round. The tooltips can be deactivated in the options of course.

You can also disable the Pyrdacor and Thalion logos now as well. And you can even disable the extended savegame slots so that you only have the normal amount of 10.

The new 20 save slots are implemented in a way that they won't change the original savegame structures so everything stays compatible. For example the file "Saves" which stores the savegame names and "last save slot for game continuation" is only affected if you save to one of the first 10 slots (like always). But if you save to Save.11 to Save.30 the savegame names will only be stored in the remake's config file. So you can still use the remake with original savegames and also use them in the original afterwards.
Old 07 October 2021, 10:26   #248
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

I was not able to follow as accurately as I wanted the thread so sorry in advance if I missed the information : What about the FR version ?
Old 07 October 2021, 10:51   #249
Pyrdacor

I would love to integrate the FR version into the remake but dlfrsilver is the master of the FR version. If he would provide it, I could integrate it. I myself have no capabilities to provide a french version.

@dlfrsilver: So what's about the FR version?
Old 07 October 2021, 13:49   #250
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Let me prepare the archive this evening. Daughtie is sick, i can't take care of that at the moment
Old 08 October 2021, 07:49   #251
Pyrdacor

I just released a quick fix 1.2.1 which fixes a nasty issue I introduced with 1.2. When loading a game the Atk/Def was increased by the current equipment value every time instead of just setting it to those values. This should now be fixed so that you won't be overpowered after a few game loads.
Old 12 October 2021, 19:53   #252
macce2
Retro maniac

The classic Amiga version 1.11 does't need that quick fix, does it...?
Old 12 October 2021, 20:23   #253
Pyrdacor

No it's only relevant for the remake.
Old 21 October 2021, 10:42   #254
prophesore

There are two bugs in Amiga version 1.11.

In the mine in Dor Kiredon there is Piece of Amber, below the wall there are five of them - after stepping on such amber you cannot pick it up because there are only empty fields. We have then 60 pieces of this amber from the Kire Palace, but there was an error. Amber in the Ferrin basement and in the ruins can be picked up.

Griban's maximum performance has been improved, except for one - the attack can be trained to 93/85.
After installing Knights Armor, the attack decreases to 85/85 but it does not matter because after installing Target Brooch the attack is over 100/85 anyway.
Old 26 October 2021, 08:55   #255
Pyrdacor

I will have a look at the Amber pieces stuff.

For Gryban: This sounds right. Important is the stat without equipment so if you can train to 85/85 without equipment, this is correct. Or did I get you wrong?
Old 29 October 2021, 16:41   #256
prophesore

Gryban bare has attack 93/85 and Knights Armor 85/85.
I also have a question where you can get Magical Map - while browsing the AM2_BLIT file I found this name and it probably has the infinite Mystical Mapping charm.

Last edited by prophesore; 29 October 2021 at 19:58.
Old 02 November 2021, 07:25   #257
Pyrdacor

Actually I don't know where you can get that item. Maybe I can find out. I will have a look at the Gryban stats as well.
Old 31 December 2021, 09:19   #258
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Pyrdacor has released a new version 1.4 of the Ambermoon remake. Moreover the first version of Ambermoon Advanced, an extension of Ambermoon.

https://github.com/Pyrdacor/Ambermoon-Advanced
https://github.com/Pyrdacor/Ambermoon.net

Also the data files compatible with Amiga have been updated to 1.12 English and 1.11 German fixing several long standing (albeit obscure) bugs.

https://github.com/Pyrdacor/Ambermoon

There is a README for each in the DISKS section

https://github.com/Pyrdacor/Ambermoo.../Disks/English
Old 31 December 2021, 23:41   #259
macce2
Retro maniac

Great !

I wish you All a Happy New Year !
Old 31 January 2022, 12:00   #260
Pyrdacor

Today I fixed a nearly 30 year old crash which prints "Not enough memory handles available". It can be reproduced by using the eagle multiple times in succession (around 12 times). The real bug is just setting a variable to 0 just before using its value for freeing a memory handle. This is an easy fix. I will release new updates soon which contain the fix.