English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 21 July 2002, 23:10   #1
fedegaia

Point'n click Adventure game

I’m looking for a point'n click adventure…lot of searching but no luck…please guys help me!
First of all forgive me for the lack of info on this game that I can share with you but my memory doesn’t help me at all about this one but let’s proceed:

1 – the game was surely released in 1988-1989 as I clearly remember I found it in a pack of disks along with Shogun, Journey, Uninvited, Dungeon Master and others…

2 – controls and gameplay reminds me action-adventures like The Adventures of Maddog Williams but the guy you control moves only horizontally (left and right…at least in the game locations I remember).

3 – absolutely no scrolling effects…like for ex. Future Wars…

4 – gameplay was definitely outdoors (plains, bridges, waterfalls etc…at least at the beginning…)

5 – I don’t exactly remember the game interface…it could possibly be classic like Maniac Mansion/Zak Mackracken etc…(open-close-get-examine-pull-push) or an object interface where you select the one to use in a proper situation.

6 – I could be wrong but as I remember the objects you can collect to progress in the game were some visible others invisible (IE you have to point the mouse over it to find it).

7 – I can’t describe exactly the game locations but I clearly remember that at the beginning of the game if you continue to go east (or west?!) you end up in a bucolic location…a beautiful waterfall with pixels changing colours to simulate the waterflow…near the waterfall there was an hidden object…

8 – maybe you can interact with other people to obtain more objects

9 – beautiful graphics

10- I have downloaded over 2000 games to find this one…no luck!…

11- while searching for this game some keywords were in my mind “Legend” “Faery” and “Tale”…I don’t know why…maybe the game has one of these words in the title but I could be completely wrong…

Thanks for your help in advance…

Last edited by fedegaia; 27 July 2002 at 23:09.
Old 21 July 2002, 23:41   #2
RetroMan

Faery Tale Adventure ?

http://www.thelegacy.de/Museum/game.php3?game_id=5568
Old 21 July 2002, 23:42   #3
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Is it any of these?

Barbarian 1 (Psygnosis)
Colorado
Crossbow
Gold Of The Aztecs
Journey To The Center Of The Earth (Spanish)
Targhan
Time Machine
Old 21 July 2002, 23:53   #4
fedegaia

not so common i think

it's not one of those......i've examined over 2500 games...it's not so common...

p.s. Crossbow?!!?...is it the Legend of William Tell...?
Old 22 July 2002, 01:25   #5
Drake1009

I'm currently going through the old mags I've got which haven't gotten lost. I remember in the cheats section a game which, from the description, could be the game you were talking about (something about a waterfall and a hidden object). I hope that's one of the mags I still have.

One thing I'd like to know though. Could you interact with people in the game? (Something which sounds a bit like a game like that would be the cheat for Knightmare, "Get the shovel from the old man on first screen, go to another screen, dig a hole and jump in it")
Old 22 July 2002, 01:41   #6
fedegaia

as i said at point 8 of my game's description i seem to remember you can iteract with other people to obtain more objects but memory doesn't help me...txs for your help...i desperately need that game!

p.s. if i remember anything else about the game that can be useful i'll immediately add other informations...
Old 22 July 2002, 01:42   #7
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Hey, maybe that shitgame 'Astate' ?
The only good thing in that game is the grafics, and ther is one picture with a waterfall and there are also lots of hidden objcts.
I fact all objects are hidden and have to be revealed by digging and drilling.
Old 22 July 2002, 01:44   #8
Drake1009

Well I'm done going over my magazines. Only 3 seem to have survirved and those didn't have the cheats I wanted to find. Sorry. I don't know about knightmare though. Talking about first and 2nd screen sounds like a 2D game, but the only version of knightmare I've been able to find is a 3D adventure game in the style of EOB.

Anyone know if there is indeed a man to talk to in that version and I've just completely misunderstood the walkthrough, or if there's a different non-tosec knightmare around?
Old 22 July 2002, 01:46   #9
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Have you tried:
Spirit of Excalibur
Jinxter

Edit: or Hero's Quest (aka Quest For Glory I) from Sierra
Old 22 July 2002, 02:03   #10
fedegaia

@twistin

none of them unfortunately...
the controls of the game looks similar to Spirit of Excalibur 'cause persons move only horizontally but the main character is a simple man and the game is prior 1991 (1988 or 1989)

jinxter is a text based adventure...isn't it?...if so it doesn't fit...

@Overdoc...i'll try the game but it's from 1990...not 1988-89

@drake1009...txs man anyway!
Old 22 July 2002, 02:04   #11
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

What about Alternate Reality: The City?
Old 22 July 2002, 02:11   #12
fedegaia

well...it's definitely not an rpg game...it's an action-adventure like future wars - maddog williams etc...gameplay is not in a city nor in a dungeon...game enviroment is bucolic with trees plains and waterfalls...at least at the beginning of the game...
Old 22 July 2002, 02:28   #13
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Jinxter was text + graphics. Give it a try.

Edit: never mind. The screens were static.
Old 22 July 2002, 02:33   #14
fedegaia

Yes...sorry Twistin'...it's true Jinxter is a text plus graphics adventure...i've tried it along with the pawn - corruption - fish etc...but it's not the type of game i'm looking for...

anyway Jinxter is an EXCELLENT adventure game!...
Old 22 July 2002, 03:19   #15
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

And I assume you've tried all of the obvious stuff (like the games in TOSEC). I was gonna suggest King's Quest IV, but it seems you must have tried all of the obvious titles like this.
Old 22 July 2002, 05:05   #16
Amiga1992

I was going to suggest King's Quest II myself.
Old 22 July 2002, 08:04   #17
Kodoichi
Banned

Location: I'm the smiling face on your TV, I exploit you still you love me
Maya, Prison?

*shrugs*
Old 22 July 2002, 11:26   #18
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Or maybe 'Tusker' or 'Time Machine' ?
I think these were made in the area around 89/90.
Old 22 July 2002, 11:41   #19
fedegaia

@Kodoichi
txs for the suggestions but Maya's graphic style differs a lot from the game i'm looking for...you can't enter shops or something similar and gameplay time is not modern (no cars...etc......maybe mediaval...or something similar to "War in middle earth"...not completely sure).
"Prison"'s enviroment is postmodern and gore...completely different...

@Akira and Twistin'
the game i'm looking for has better graphics than "King's quest II and III"...looks more similar to King's quest IV but i can assure you it's not among these...i know Sierra games and many other great adventure games too well to be so easely decived...
when i downloaded "The Adventure of Maddog Willams" for the first time i said "i got it!"...but i was completely wrong...but the game graphics look similar to this one.

@Overdoc...i've tried "Astate" but the one i'm loooking for is not so shitty...
Old 22 July 2002, 11:46   #20
fedegaia

txs man but Tusker is too action type...and Time machine is a bit too surreal...remember no modern or postmodern characters and enviroments...

please continue to give me suggestions...I NEED TO FIND IT!...txs a lot to all!