English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 06 March 2008, 17:54   #1
BusterHell

Problems with ClassicWB AdvSP and my Apollo 1260

Hello folks, I have to apologize for my bad english, but I have a Problem.
My Apollo 1260 with an 68LC06050 Processor and 32 MB Ram didn't work with ClassicWB.
In Fact, I can start it in any Workbench proberly.
I have copied the new 68040.lib-dummy in libs, the "new" 6040.lib and the 68060.lib in Folder libs.
CPU60 I have copied to C.
This files I get from the disk, wihich belongs to the Apollo 1260.
ClassicWB starts, with launch and can listen mp3's, use WHDLoad and most of the other programms, BUT if I try zo open a folder or the diskdrive, the Amiga crashes and I don't know why.
Sorry fpr the bad english, but has anyone a clue what is wrong with my Amiga?

Best regards
Andreas

Old 06 March 2008, 21:01   #2
Bloodwych

Hmmm. Strange.

Have you tried running it in basic mode (hold down the right mouse button on boot) and seeing if it still has the issue? It may be related to Scalos or one of the patches.

Do you know if it does it in standard Workbench?

I don't have any experience with those accelerators so I'm not sure how helpful I can be.
Old 06 March 2008, 22:05   #3
BusterHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
Hmmm. Strange.
Have you tried running it in basic mode (hold down the right mouse button on boot) and seeing if it still has the issue? It may be related to Scalos or one of the patches.
You mean, start without startup-Sequence?
Or in OCS or ECS?
I am not sure, what you mean with "basic" mode.

Quote:
Do you know if it does it in standard Workbench?
Unfortunately no, but I can tell you, that the systeminformation included in ClassicWB shows, that there is a 68LC040 with 37 Mhz working, but in fact it is a 68LC060RC50, but I have no clue what to do.
I tried to rename the 68060.lib in 68040.lib, because if I use all original Files, like the 68040dummy.lib etc. ClassicWB begins to boot and after a few seconds it stops, no Guru-meditation, nothing...
Quote:
I don't have any experience with those accelerators so I'm not sure how helpful I can be.
I don't have ane experience either... ;-(
But I don't know what to do.
I have uded the disk with the files, which came with the card.
I have tried the ADF from here: http://amiga.resource.cx/expde/searc...=1200&cat=scsi
I have tried the libs come with the blizzard 1260, but I doesn't work...

Best regards
Andreas

Old 08 March 2008, 17:11   #4
Bloodwych

By basic mode I mean exactly what I said above - holding the right mouse button down on boot! ClassicWB has a multiboot feature as described on the website. Holding down the right mouse button boots a pure clean workbench without any extras.

Hopefully someone with an 060 will be able to help you or suggest what's the best way to install a workbench and libs for such a configuration. I don't have any issues in WinUAE or my A1200 so it's difficult for me to suggest anything without having access to the same hardware. Trying to boot into a pure Workbench using the multiboot feature described above or installing Workbench yourself from scratch will at least tell you if it's a ClassicWB issue or a hardware/libs issue.

You could also try AmigaSYS's A1200 setup, as that supports higher hardware during the install:

http://amigasys.extra.hu/

Hope this helps and you get it sorted.
Old 19 March 2008, 23:28   #5
extralife

I am running your workbench setup bloodwych, on blizzard1260 with 64megs and no problems here. What I did was this, start preparing harddisk and all that stuff, but to install I need to turn off my 1260 by holding down the "2" key when reseting, then installed your classicwb (you might want to grab a couple of beers coz it takes some time). When done installed the 1260, using my blizzard install disk aand using the installerprogam on that disk (note my 1260 is still turned off). Reboot to turn on 1260 and thats it. (on my card holding down the 3 finger reset for bout 30sec. to turn on 1260 again). Not sure how apollo is working, but probly something similar.
If u get it up and running, u should also check out the mmulib package on aminet and install it and try out the muredox program, will make your 060 fly
Old 20 March 2008, 10:04   #6
Bloodwych

Great info extralife, thanks for posting!
Old 11 April 2008, 23:54   #7
extralife

Did this guy ever get his miggy up running ?? It kinda bugs me if a m8 is sitting out there with 060 that won't work and is missing all the fun.
Old 12 April 2008, 20:44   #8
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

I'm having some issues also with the Apollo 1260 crashing from time to time. I don't use ClassicWB though but OS3.9 (ClassicWB Full runs on my A600,030@42). I copied all neccesary file from Apollo 1260 disk and everything runs fine. I get freezes ALWAYS when I open WhichAmiga, Basilisk and some other application occationaly. It's very annoying tbh, but it maybe the PSU (A500 one supplying also (via extrernal Disk Drive socket) the CD-ROM power. I'm waiting my DBOX+Mediator to check if that's the case.
Another issue are the 2x32MB SIMMS that on MemTest reply with errors although on SysSpeed 2.6 no problem occurs.
IMHO (in my system) either it's RAM or PSU .
As for mobo revision I have 1B so no Timing issues :S

Just have to wait and check with Mediator+new SIMMS and I'll report if problem fixed to me also mate
Old 12 April 2008, 22:31   #9
musojon74

I do hope it's fixed too. I don't know exactly what I did, but I put the wrong drivers in the wrong place when I first used my Blizzard 060. THen, as soon as I opened any drive icon, the machine instantly guru'd (sounds like the problem here). If I could only remember what I did wrong I could help - it's certainly the libs though, and the exact same symptoms.
Old 15 April 2008, 20:05   #10
adonay
active amiga 1200 user

Send a message via MSN to adonay
Weird i dont have any issues with my apollo 060@80mhz whichamiga runs too "my only issue is that the CPU socket on the 1260 is worn out and not good but that has nothing to do with classicwb" When the card sitts as it should its rock stable... I use a Blizzard now though since it has SCSI and 192mb ram. But the Apollo is more enjoyable for web surfing ....