English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 10 January 2017, 09:35   #21
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Not an enthralling entry, but since I've spent a fair bit of time analysing the code, I've documented the differences between the 2 versions.

The game itself has an interesting hidden message in the code. It says "The BEM game.(c) Copyright 1987, 1988 John Dale & Spiny Norman". I am pretty sure that I have seen "BEM" mentioned on another (or multiple) games from The Assembly Line, so that bit of code might have been a left-over from another title.

According to ST Action magazine, the game was designed by Martin Day and John Dale. Spiny Norman often did graphics and a little code on many of the early games, so unless we contact John Dale and ask, it's hard to know for sure whether that "BEM" message is correct or not. Galahad mentioned in another thread that Adrian Stephens coded the game, but I'm not even sure he was around in 1988.

Dr Bong might find this the most interesting, if/when he creates a separate 1988 entry for the Hall of Light.
Old 10 January 2017, 11:39   #22
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
Not an enthralling entry, but since I've spent a fair bit of time analysing the code, I've documented the differences between the 2 versions.

The game itself has an interesting hidden message in the code. It says "The BEM game.(c) Copyright 1987, 1988 John Dale & Spiny Norman". I am pretty sure that I have seen "BEM" mentioned on another (or multiple) games from The Assembly Line, so that bit of code might have been a left-over from another title.

According to ST Action magazine, the game was designed by Martin Day and John Dale. Spiny Norman often did graphics and a little code on many of the early games, so unless we contact John Dale and ask, it's hard to know for sure whether that "BEM" message is correct or not. Galahad mentioned in another thread that Adrian Stephens coded the game, but I'm not even sure he was around in 1988.

Dr Bong might find this the most interesting, if/when he creates a separate 1988 entry for the Hall of Light.
Adrian Stephens was definitely around as he was there for the start of The Assembly Line being one of the founder members. Before Amiga, he was a BBC Micro programmer, he had been around quite a while by 1988.
Old 13 February 2017, 17:17   #23
BarryB
Amigaholic

Any update on this please?