English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 23 July 2012, 16:56   #1
MagikGimp

Send a message via ICQ to MagikGimp Send a message via AIM to MagikGimp Send a message via MSN to MagikGimp Send a message via Yahoo to MagikGimp
whdload input issue

Not sure if this is a bug or not but it's happening with all of my configurations-
When loading a game with WHDLoad and hitting F12 to change settings (keymaps, Windows priority level etc.), pressing OK to return to the game disables the keyboard for a while. Joystick emulation doesn't work and the game cannot be quit via * or F10, End or whatever. After about a minute the game will quit after me hammering the keyboard in vain although I've noticed that it's the Esc key that seems to send me back to Workbench in the end which is odd as WHDLoad doesn't implement this key I think I'm right in saying.
Like I've said, this may not be a bug but a problem with my setup. I've installed the latest beta of WHDLoad (17.1.5191) on all of my configs but other than that I have no idea what's wrong.
Old 23 July 2012, 20:50   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Crystall ball says this isn't 2.4.2 specific.

Do you still get normal input log message when quit key (Does all keys stop working?) stops working?

Run winuae in windowed mode and use -inputdevicelog 1 -log command line parameters.
Old 24 July 2012, 06:02   #3
mailman
Zone Friend

Something like this happens to me as well. Although this is not common and I haven't found any particular, repetitive cause of it. When you freeze the emulator using F12 and then you come back to the game, keyboard seems to be not working but you can quit WHDLoad game using the assigned key (for me ESC doesn't work unless this is an assigned quit key). I use WinUAE in windowed mode. I think that this is somehow connected with switching to other apps' windows running under Windows and it might be as well hardware incompatibility issue or Windows thing (I use Vista).
Old 24 July 2012, 16:52   #4
MagikGimp

Send a message via ICQ to MagikGimp Send a message via AIM to MagikGimp Send a message via MSN to MagikGimp Send a message via Yahoo to MagikGimp
Unhappy

I'm encountering more problems now but I don't know how to isolate the problem, I'm using a lot of cutting-edge software here!
Just ran the latest build of Lure of the Temptress (v1.4) and apart from minor graphical glitches with animated sprites the game seems OK. However, alt-tab out to another program (a PDF of the manual for example) and on returning the sound is fine (sometimes), the pointer moves but all graphics are frozen. I even think that one time the keyboard stopped working this time too (I went to check and type in the manual protection, which I don't need incidentally.)
I'm using the latest build of WinUAE, WHDLoad and Lure but perhaps there's something wrong with my setup? I've tested AmiKIT (not much tweaking), AiaB (a little tweaking) and Classic Workbench A4000 (crashes more often than not and sometimes screws up the lovely WHDLoad icons so I leave that one alone mostly.)
Do you recommend I stick to release builds Toni? I figured new code was a good thing but perhaps I'm just making things too complicated for myself.

EDIT: Thought I should mention that the AiaB config "blackscreens" from full screen when you alt-tab out and back in again but has been doing that for as long as I can remember. Don't know if this is useful at all but the original AiaB config is very old now of course.

Last edited by MagikGimp; 24 July 2012 at 17:08. Reason: Added additional info concerning AiaB