English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. AMOS

Old 02 January 2022, 04:41   #1
xboxown

How to reset the palette in my AMOS

Hey guys,

I have already finished the engine in my game. However, I am doing modification to the code so I can be able to compile it as a standalone executable file. When I did that...the colors of the wall and other items is black...like faded away. When I play with the palette I set it as $0, $FF, $FF, $FF now they are all white instead of it's original color yellow. So everything that shares that palette is white now..or all green or all yellow. How do I reset the palette to normal where colors of wall is yellow like original, colors of players or cards or other items are all original from their correct color palette that is loaded from the sprite.abk instead of overwriting it with the palette command? If I remove the palette command then the walls are black instead of yellow and other sprites that share it also become black. The palette of the game is not working. I want it to get the correct palette from the screen and sprite.abk that it loads from...how do I fix this?

Much appreciate it. If you guys can help me, then tomorrow I can work on compiling the game and hopefully be able to release it by the end of day or early Monday in aminet.
Old 02 January 2022, 05:14   #2
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

Did you do Set Sprite Palette or Set Icon Palette?
Old 02 January 2022, 06:11   #3
xboxown

I did this
load "blablablah.abk"
get sprite palette

that is about it. Is that wrong?
Old 02 January 2022, 15:12   #4
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

That is right for sprite palette entries. For the rest, try get icon palette first and then get sprite palette. Sprites only use palette entries above 17 but the normal colors don't.