English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 09 December 2021, 23:02   #21
AMIGASYSTEM

Created other two Descriptors on AROS x86 for the automatic recognition of FLI and FLC Animation files, both have been associated to "MPlayer", of course also AROS One 68k will have these new descriptors where only the Player will change.

I enclose a small demo video and a screenshot (You have to download the video, so it will be available in a few seconds):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eg2...FejJ3Lum0/view

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 19 July 2022 at 18:48.
Old 14 December 2021, 16:19   #22
jmwtac

Hi, Is there a guide to get WHDLoad working in AROS. I copied the WHD pack for Agony into the Agony folder but when I start it just stays on Insert disk screen
Old 17 December 2021, 18:00   #23
AMIGASYSTEM

No there are no manuals, but it is a simple and intuitive application, I attach the steps to create a new database games.

If my English is not compressible I've created an exhaustive video Tutorial that shows how to create a database Games

O games are listed in the text file named "db.whdm", if you want you can add the games by hand, but it is better to delete or rename it and create a new file with all the games you have in the Games folder, here's how to do it

- Delete file db.whdm
- Copy KickStart 3.1 Amiga
- Copy kickStart (ROM) AROS
- Copy the games in the Games folder
- Copy the screenshots of the game "InGameScreen and TitleScreen PDF format" in the folder of the respective game
- Start WHD_MENU -> click OK to generate the new database
- In the opened Request choose the GAME PATH item and click on the Tab "SELECT" -> OK
- In The Tab ROM Select Kickastart 3.1 or AROS Rom
- Go to the lower part of the menu and click on "GENERATE DATABASE".
- Close and Save

Attachment Video Tutorial (download the small archive so it will be available in a few seconds)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wUp...ew?usp=sharing

Old 18 December 2021, 15:03   #24
yogi

Hello all

Hello AmigaSystem !

I finally installed Aros One x86 and it is marvelous !
Yes i like it ! I go see your wifi carts and perhaps usb dongle ?

Amiga 4 ever
Plus the 1200 i own, perfect ^^

Regards.
Old 10 January 2022, 10:21   #25
AMIGASYSTEM

IconClone: New version of the App to exchange DualPNG icon images on AROS 68k, AROS x86 and AROS 64 systems.

Thanks to Miker now AROS One x86 can exchange its DualPNG icons, a feature that was missing on Wanderer, also IconClone allows you to exchange icon images even if of different types including single icons without a reference file.

Another feature that doesn't exist in any similar software is the ability to restore the old icon when maybe you get the wrong icon, all with a simple click.

In the coming days will also be available IconClone v1.0.7 version AROS One 68k, already tested and running on this OS, click HERE for Info and the Download IconClone v1.0.7 AROS x86.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 14 January 2022 at 18:38.
Old 10 January 2022, 12:14   #26
Sinphaltimus

I can't believe I missed this. Been workingon getting some old PCs to boot to Amiga or AROS these past few weeks. I don' like the Amiga forever solution. Amilator has been working get wih a lot of tweaking and work. I've got Amithlon working on one laptop. X-Amiga and Amiga XL have not been easy to get going on some hardware. But this AROS One is just now an option for me. Looks like I will be going back to some old hardware and trying this out for sure.

Thank you AMIGASYSTEM.

I'll follow up and let you know what hardware I am testing on and how it goes.
Old 11 January 2022, 11:32   #27
AMIGASYSTEM

Ok, tell me about any problems you encountered, the release of the new version 1.7 of AROS One x86 is almost imminent.

If you are not aware there is also AROS One 68k that at the moment is not distributed but will be in the future, you can read the info about AROS 68k here:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=98062
Old 11 January 2022, 12:12   #28
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Ok, tell me about any problems you encountered, the release of the new version 1.7 of AROS One x86 is almost imminent.

If you are not aware there is also AROS One 68k that at the moment is not distributed but will be in the future, you can read the info about AROS 68k here:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=98062

I have it running on a Gateway ARC200 Laptop. It is really fast and the software I tried so far all seem to work.

I dp have 3-4 issues.

1. get an error on boot. I can close the AROS shell windows and the OS is up and running behind it. The error is :
Can't Find SYS:Extras/Music/Timidity
Not sure why, I do get a startup sound.
*****FIXED**** I change the user startup to mount TIMIDITY to Work:Music/Timidity instead of SYS:Music/Timidity

2. Audio input is not available. Can't record samples. Output works great.

3. I can't get GUI Image Mount to work or I have no idea how to use it. Trying to mount ADFs. This maybe relaed to issue 4.

4. Is there 68k integration? With IcAROS there is Amiga Forever Integration. So I'm wondering if AROS One has 68k intyergration (via uae or other) and how to enable/use it.

The reason for my need of 68k integration is for music productionusing Octamed Sound Studio. Sure, I suppose I can learn Milky Tracker or any of the other apps in AROS One. Just used to OctaMed and I have tons of instruments for OMSS.

As for AROS 68k, my only real Amiga is a Vampire V2+ A500 modded out in an ATX tower running CoffinOS. I'm trying to convince my uncle to send me his A2000 sitting in a closet. But with my only Amiga being vampirized with Coffin OS, I don't see a need for AROS 68k at the moment. Perhaps I will try it on my Amilator'ed PC when it's ready. I really do like it alot. Looks, feels and runs really well so far.

Last edited by Sinphaltimus; 11 January 2022 at 12:19.
Old 11 January 2022, 13:21   #29
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinphaltimus View Post

3. I can't get GUI Image Mount to work or I have no idea how to use it. Trying to mount ADFs. This maybe relaed to issue 4.
Simple, DOSDrivers are not automatically mounted, they are in storage, to mount them just click on their icon.
If you want the automatic mounting move the DOSDrivers in DEVS/DOSDriver
I enclose a little video that shows how to use DiskImageGUI-Tutorial:

http://eab.abime.net/zone/DiskImageGUI-Tutorial.zip

Quote:
4. Is there 68k integration? With IcAROS there is Amiga Forever Integration. So I'm wondering if AROS One has 68k intyergration (via uae or other) and how to enable/use it.
In the path "Extras\Emulator\AMIGA\JanusUAE" you find JanusUAE" prepared for 68k emulation, you only have to add the KickStart and HardFiles with your operating systems.

Regarding WHDLoad games you can use "WHD_MENU", Application similar to iGame, I attach a small video that shows how it works:

http://eab.abime.net/zone/WHD_MENU-Tutorial.zip
Old 14 January 2022, 01:07   #30
Sinphaltimus

Thanks AMIGASYSTEM. I tried to follow up yesterday but the site was down. And since then I've made more progress.

First, thanks, I completely forgot about STORAGE and DEVS. GUI Image Mount now works perfectly for me.

I have two outstanding issues. One was discovered trying to resolve the other.

The only kick rom I was able to bring over is the Amiga 1200 kick rom from Amiga Forever. It was renamed KICK.rom for amilator. it wasn't working, so I wanted to copy all the Amiga Forever roms over (aolong with a lot of other native amiga files for Janus-UAE) so I tried a much larger usb stick with everything I needed and noticed it wasn't getting mounted. That's when I discovered that only FAT32 USB sticks will mount. Not extFAT or NTFS. I reformatted a 64GB drive to FAT32 and am currently copying all the files I want over to it (including iso files, adfs, harddirs and hardfiles).

I'm hopefule once I get all my AF roms copied over with their original names and I adjust the config file for Janus-UAE everything should work.

But I have one important question that could resolve this entire issue. I noticed all mention of janus-uae and the original config files reference hdfs (HardFiles). Does Janus-uae on AROS One support HardDirs? (Directory folders as hard drives)
Old 14 January 2022, 18:44   #31
AMIGASYSTEM

With JanusUAE you can use any ROM you just need to set up save each mod (you have to save page by page).

HardDirs is also supported by JanusUAE, also you only need to set and save, see my screenshot !

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 02 June 2022 at 02:04.
Old 16 January 2022, 14:58   #32
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
With JanusUAE you can use any ROM you just need to set up save each mod (you have to save page by page).

HardDirs is also supported by JanusUAE, also you only need to set and save, see my screenshot !
It may be because I did not save page by page. I will give that another shot later today.

AROS One is really nice by the way. Congrats on this. Can't wait for an update.
Old 21 January 2022, 09:25   #33
AMIGASYSTEM

Added on the new version of AROS One x86 RNOPublisher, easy-to-use PDF publishing program.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 02 June 2022 at 02:04.
Old 21 January 2022, 12:41   #34
Sinphaltimus

Hi AMIGASYSTEM, Great to see continued improvements.

I do have to laptops with AROSone installed.

On both systems, they start up on boot with a couple of OWB icons on the workbench screen that do nothing. Can't even see info for them. Its as if they don't exist ecept as images on the WB screen. If I insert USB thumbdrives and remove them, more of these show up. It can get to the point of the WB screen filling up with them over time.
A reboot clears out the additional one but the few that are there on start up persist.

Anyway to fix this?

Janus-UAE - Thanks for the save page by page tip. i got Janus-uae working on both systems. Two things i noticed..

1. One both systems, Octamed sound studio setup on WB3.1 as an '040 Amiga 2000 with a lot of ram, it runs better than any other x86 Amiga solution. There is no lag during any MED song playback lie I've seen in Amilator, X-Amiga, Amithlon and Icaros. This is great and brings me closer to my goal.

2. I did not notice it on the Gateway system but on the Dell system, there is a lot of lag in Octamed sound studio when I move the mouse. Playback is flawless, but the second I start to move the mouse, it lags and slows down a lot. Any tips on how to fix this? I was thinking of an Amiga 500 instead of 2000 for this. I will try that later today.

My end goal is to have a portable Amiga (emulated) without windows (re-using old hardware) for live music performances using Octamed.'

AROS one is the number one contender for this. It really is good.
Old 21 January 2022, 14:48   #35
NoX1911

Quote:
on the Dell system, there is a lot of lag in Octamed sound studio when I move the mouse. Playback is flawless, but the second I start to move the mouse, it lags and slows down a lot. Any tips on how to fix this?
Did you try WinUAE/ArosOne68k yet? WinUAE might be faster than Janus-UAE on native code. But i'm not sure.
Old 21 January 2022, 15:28   #36
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Hi AMIGASYSTEM, Great to see continued improvements.

I do have to laptops with AROSone installed.

On both systems, they start up on boot with a couple of OWB icons on the workbench screen that do nothing.
OWB at the first launch you have to wait until the fonts are installed, then OWB will open quickly.

OWB to surf the internet needs the Network setting, to get this you need to have a LAN Network Card and Or Card Wireless supported.

Quote:
A reboot clears out the additional one but the few that are there on start up persist.

Anyway to fix this?
This happens when you force delete a shortcut on the Workbench.

To delete "a normal" shortcut you have to do as on Amiga, that is from the "Icon/Put awy" menu, see screenshot.

To delete other persistent links like on Amiga, you have to delete them from a text file called .backdrop, open it with a text editor and delete the persistent links.

I attach video showing how OWB works and how to delete ordinary and persistent links:

http://eab.abime.net/zone/AROS-x86-OWB.zip

Quote:
1. One both systems, Octamed sound studio setup on WB3.1 as an '040 Amiga 2000 with a lot of ram, it runs better than any other x86 Amiga solution. There is no lag during any MED song playback lie I've seen in Amilator, X-Amiga, Amithlon and Icaros. This is great and brings me closer to my goal.

I know little about Janus-UAE but I am glad that it works well
Old 21 January 2022, 23:15   #37
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
This happens when you force delete a shortcut on the Workbench.

To delete other persistent links like on Amiga, you have to delete them from a text file called .backdrop, open it with a text editor and delete the persistent links.

Perfect, thank you. This did the trick!
Old 22 January 2022, 22:33   #38
AMIGASYSTEM

Amitube to watch Youtube videos in different video formats, including the original video format.

Video Tutorial - AmiTube AROS x86
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ojk...47iiWwiQY/view
Old 14 February 2022, 10:10   #39
AMIGASYSTEM

Updated AROS One x86 with the new stable version of "InstallerLG", a reimplementation of the 'Installer' utility included with AmigaOS as of version 2.1. InstallerLG aims to be fully compatible with the original as described in the V44.10 documentation. Most resource limitations found in the Commodore implementation are gone, and the GUI has been replaced by a MUI/Zune based one.

attach a small video where i download IntallerLG with OWB, unzip it in Ram and then I install it on AROS One.

http://eab.abime.net/zone/InstallerLG.zip
Old 03 March 2022, 17:49   #40
AMIGASYSTEM

Created new DualPNG "Butons" Icons for AmiStart, the color icons can now be replaced with a Click, so you can have the ability to choose your own color match.