English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 18 June 2019, 02:31   #21
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
"Never played" is a very temporary state to be in you know
Oh I know. I want to first revisit....and BEAT, 1 and 2...and then I'll play 3.

And part of me doesn't want to revisit 1 or 2 until I own them again in box.

But #1 is a bitch to get at a good price lol.

I could argue I do now "own" that one as I got the PS4 version which includes the original.
Old 18 June 2019, 10:22   #22
roondar

Beast 3. It's the only one that is any good.
Old 18 June 2019, 22:38   #23
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by roondar View Post
Beast 3. It's the only one that is any good.
Amen. Not very appreciated upon release, IIRC. But the only one I've spent any considerable time playing.
Old 19 June 2019, 14:37   #24
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Beast 1 2 or 3, they are all great, thay haven't the best playability except the 3. But all in one they were big amiga computer sellers, the wow effect was incredible.
You were proud to show the superiority of your computer at the time, they are all classics, if only they could make a true sotb series remake with winuae with a better playability, better gfx aven if they have to use some fast ram or a 030. Something they could sell with winuae something transparent and on cd for the amiga market.

This is just one of my dreams, they should really try to use winuae to make their remakes, they could make the intros with mpeg videos but the gameplay with winuae. It will keep intact the oldschool feeling, there is enough of those horribles remakes who destroyed completely the original. They could even make it run on a 060 50 mhz 128 mega fastram and aga, an ultimate sotb.
I know it's just a dream but when i look of some actual games, an amiga 4000 could do the job.

dreams on : an amiga mini -> vampire 4.0 stand alone with a bunch of games and new games which use the full power of the vampire !!! 1st to buy this, and offcourse thos games could be sold on pc too, transparently with winuae !!! If only the guys who own the amiga trademark could do this !!! But who own what now ??? cloanto ??
Old 20 June 2019, 04:02   #25
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican3 View Post
Beast 1 2 or 3, they are all great, thay haven't the best playability except the 3. But all in one they were big amiga computer sellers, the wow effect was incredible.
You were proud to show the superiority of your computer at the time, they are all classics, if only they could make a true sotb series remake with winuae with a better playability, better gfx aven if they have to use some fast ram or a 030. Something they could sell with winuae something transparent and on cd for the amiga market.

This is just one of my dreams, they should really try to use winuae to make their remakes, they could make the intros with mpeg videos but the gameplay with winuae. It will keep intact the oldschool feeling, there is enough of those horribles remakes who destroyed completely the original. They could even make it run on a 060 50 mhz 128 mega fastram and aga, an ultimate sotb.
I know it's just a dream but when i look of some actual games, an amiga 4000 could do the job.

dreams on : an amiga mini -> vampire 4.0 stand alone with a bunch of games and new games which use the full power of the vampire !!! 1st to buy this, and offcourse thos games could be sold on pc too, transparently with winuae !!! If only the guys who own the amiga trademark could do this !!! But who own what now ??? cloanto ??

While what I think you're meaning is an improvement on the originals, rather than a modern remake (if I read you correctly), I still HIGHLY recommend playing the PS4 remake.

For me, it drags SOTB kicking and screaming "almost" into the present day. I say "almost" as to be honest, it feels more like a PS3 game than a PS4 game BUT that's not a bad thing.

It feels retro, while being modern, and I LOVE that in a retro remake.

It's not perfect by any means but it has LOADS to shout outs to the original, while being a modern gaming concept and HUGELY playable imho.

I've played it start to end on beginner and while some of the game play was repetitive, it still drew me in from level to level.

I thought it was fantastic!
Old 30 June 2019, 20:58   #26
ZEUSDAZ

Tons of votes in so far including over 100 on facebook Amiga page, still 2wks to go before voting closes for this "VS" edition, thanks to everyone who's voted so far.
Old 01 July 2019, 20:52   #27
Nobby_UK

Beast 1
Old 12 July 2019, 00:52   #28
ZEUSDAZ

3 days left if anyone wants to get their votes in :-)
Old 12 July 2019, 00:58   #29
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Part III of course. There is no real discussion.
Correct.
Old 12 July 2019, 09:49   #30
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla View Post
Correct.
A man of many words.
Old 12 July 2019, 16:49   #31
th4t1guy

I'll go with Beast 2.

Gameplay-wise, they are all pretty bad, but 2 had the best intro, most atmosphere, and the most developed story and characters, making it really feel like a proper sequel.
Old 13 July 2019, 23:37   #32
capehorn

So difficult to choose between I and II but I think Beast II is the more complete game and wins for sound and intro, so I think it edges the first game.
Old 16 July 2019, 00:12   #33
ZEUSDAZ

Well It's all over, the result:
SHADOW OF THE BEAST - 75 VOTES, BEAST III - 45 VOTES, BEAST II - 25 VOTES.
SHADOW OF THE BEAST 1 WINS!

Thanks to all those who took part in the voting! :-D

New edition is up but as It's not Amiga games, you will need to vote on the actual video (if you want to vote that is), it will be Streets of Rage I vs II vs III on the Megadrive / Genesis, here's the link: [ Show youtube player ]

Just click the video followed by the YOUTUBE icon at the bottom of the window to leave your votes.
Old 19 July 2019, 08:57   #34
Lord Riton

Beast 1 for me too.
The music was so awesome and the paralax scrolling astuning !

I remember beeing disapointed from beast 2, and even more from beast 3. Even if it's true, there seemed to be less linearity in those 2, they had more puzzles, the first one beeing more pure action.

Last edited by Lord Riton; 19 July 2019 at 09:02.
Old 19 July 2019, 09:41   #35
Gzegzolka

Brian the Lion - it took Reflections three Shadow of the Beast games to make game that is actually fun to play.
But seriously this is hard question each Shadow of the Beast game got great visuals, for me third one was the best one.