English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 15 April 2005, 18:15   #1
Amigamancer
Zone Friend

Unhappy HELP: BVision drivers

Hi. I have recently bought a BlizzardPPC + BVision card. The problem is that the sender forgot to include the installation software in the package and so, i can't use the BVision because i can't find a monitor driver for it. (or can i use it??)
I already have CGX V3 from the OS3.9 CD but there isn't any driver for the BVision there. Also, the CGX website is down ( http://www.vgr.com/cybergfx/)
PLEASE, someone upload the monitor driver or, even better, the installation disk(s) to the zone.
Thanks.
Old 15 April 2005, 23:05   #2
Amigamancer
Zone Friend

Oh, come on guys. I really really need them.
Anyway, until someone uploads the driver to the zone: How can i see if the BVision is ok or not?
Old 16 April 2005, 04:23   #3
woody57

Thumbs up Drivers in the Zone

Okay Guy the drivers are in the zone but without a primary instalation disk you may have problems

So just in case read my pm

Last edited by woody57; 16 April 2005 at 05:17.
Old 17 April 2005, 00:54   #4
Amigamancer
Zone Friend

Thanks Woody. Please read me PM.
Old 17 April 2005, 02:26   #5
woody57

Chill Brother you have a NEW zip file in the zone , now that you can decompress
otherwise , I will just have use other methods

As at the moment my miggy tower is in the process of rebuild so I can't transfer the WHOLE thing at the moment JUST the driver's

But you do know the alternative
Old 17 April 2005, 22:27   #6
Amigamancer
Zone Friend

Got it
Old 18 April 2005, 05:04   #7
Amigamancer
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigamancer
Got it
..and now can say that the BVision is probably dead.
The AGA modes are working fine like before, but when i choose a BVision mode i only get an empty, grey screen.
Even with cgfx games and movie players i can hear the sound but i only see the grey screen..
I suspect 1 of the 2 things below:
a) I have push it too hard in order to make it fit in my desktop A1200. There is no visible sign of damage but this doesn't mean anything, i guess.
b) The bottom side of the card had touched the metal case/shield of the amiga and made a sort-circuit.
Of course, there is the possibility of a not enough powerful PSU or even a wrong/bad version of BPPC flashrom or cybergraphix V3, but somehow i doubt. What do you think?

Anyway, i take full responsibility about it.
Oh crap.. i feel like shit.....
Old 18 April 2005, 12:35   #8
woody57

erm amigamancer you ARE sending the B-vision out put to a a real vga monitor aren't you ?

or are you using a scandoubler/switcher combo to combine aga & vga output to a single dedicated monitor ?

It may not be dead you might have missed something
Old 18 April 2005, 20:24   #9
Amigamancer
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodshed57
erm amigamancer you ARE sending the B-vision out put to a a real vga monitor aren't you ?

or are you using a scandoubler/switcher combo to combine aga & vga output to a single dedicated monitor ?

It may not be dead you might have missed something
Ehm.. actually no
I don't have the manual of the card, but i'm using an ordinary philips CM8833-II and 15khz screenmodes which the monitor can handle. So, i'm using the standard monitor port of the Amiga to connect the monitor and not the BVision's port.
Do i really have to use the BVision's output to make it work? I really hope so.
Old 18 April 2005, 20:33   #10
woody57

Eek

Yes sir you need a real vga 50/60 hz model [ I found the 56hz rate gave me a good picture in 16bit 800x600 mode]

so unless you have a scan doubler on the amiga output and a manual or auto monitor switch you will be using two seperate displays one for aga the other for accelerated graphics .

Obviously its a shame this was NOT MADE ABSOLUTLEY clear to you at the time of purchase

But it means that your card in all proberbility is in fact in perfect working order , as sound is not handled by the card just video output .
Old 18 April 2005, 22:27   #11
Amigamancer
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodshed57
Yes sir you need a real vga 50/60 hz model [ I found the 56hz rate gave me a good picture in 16bit 800x600 mode]

so unless you have a scan doubler on the amiga output and a manual or auto monitor switch you will be using two seperate displays one for aga the other for accelerated graphics .

Obviously its a shame this was NOT MADE ABSOLUTLEY clear to you at the time of purchase

But it means that your card in all proberbility is in fact in perfect working order , as sound is not handled by the card just video output .
Woody!! You are really giving me hope now!
I was very depressed because i thought that the card has gone to heaven.
So, now i have to buy a cheap PC monitor and connect it to the BVision. Any pc monitor will do or i need to specify a 50/60 hz? Is this vertical or horizontal frequency? Sorry, but I am completely PC clueless.
Old 19 April 2005, 00:27   #12
woody57

A standard VGA cheap monitor [ the one I first used was second hand £20 14 inch] once you are in b-vision graphics mode there are a number of choices you can make besides , if you have a copy of the REAL INSTALATION DISK [just ask ]

It lets you choose the monitors hz rate [ so you don't need anything special just a common vga] once you are up and running you can tweak and refine your settings from the preferences draw.

Obviously whenever you enter a program who's native screen is AGA it will disapear [unless you have seperate monitor or scandoubler/monitor switcher combo] This is the part that puts off many potensial ppc-b-vision users as it can be considered a hassle & yet more money to spend

In your case you are keeping it all in the original 1200 desktop so you would be looking for an external scandoubler , which by the eventual price of the last one sold on EBAY was just under £96 with P&P [ and thats without any switching device and raises the question whether the monitor would support a 30hz signal]

Since you already have a amiga useable monitor your option may be to keep two screens up at the same time [ as when it switches to B-vision your aga screen will go grey , sound familiar ? ] and when a game goes to aga your vga b-vision monitor will appear to freeze [ on the last screen image it was displaying ] and the mouse pointer image will of course stay stationary.

But your old monitor will now be back in use for the aga signal

Hope that clears up a few issues Amigamancer & since this is becoming a conversation between just the two of us maybe its time to eiether use IRC or in PM

As I have plenty of time to help sort this one
Old 19 April 2005, 02:09   #13
Amigamancer
Zone Friend

Thumbs up

Well, what can i say..You are the best. You have answered all of my questions about the whole thing and i feel obligated to you about that.
About the installation software: I already have installed CGX V3 and the BVision driver. So, all i have to do now is to wait for the next day to come.
I'll buy a PC monitor and hopefully, verify for sure that the card is fine. I will PM you if i have another problem on this issue.
/me grateful .
Old 19 April 2005, 07:18   #14
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
You should really install CGX 4, it's better than CGX 3.
Old 19 April 2005, 14:53   #15
Amigamancer
Zone Friend

"It's alive! It's ALIVE!!"
Hmm..I notice that workbench is A LOT slower now. Even the BVision's 15bit modes are A LOT sloooower than the 5bit modes of AGA. I know that this can't be right because the permedia2 chip is hell faster than AGA. Oh well, maybe i should play with the settings a little.

@Bamiga2002
Yes, i'm using cgx V3 for now becuase it's free. I'll probably buy V4 later
Old 19 April 2005, 15:23   #16
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Maybe it's the old drivers that are slow. My WB in 1024x768x16bit is fast even now when i'm usin PNG-icons. When i can afford a Mediator & Voodoo then it'll propably fly 2-3 times faster...dunno