English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 11 September 2005, 14:47   #61
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python15
Worst ending I can remember was for Knightmare. Played this for absolutely months and months, almost caused a divorce, just for a crappy picture at the end! What a stinker!
Lol, that's a thread unto itself. Please do tell.
Old 11 September 2005, 17:08   #62
TikTok

Quote:
Syndicate didn't this also have a crappy ending?
Yes! IIRC it showed the same animation that it showed whenever you completed a mission (all 50 of them!).
Old 11 September 2005, 23:54   #63
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I never did manage to complete syndicate... I got real far, but in one of the last missions I know I got stuck for some reason. Couldn't complete the objective. Probably needed to kill someone that I couldn't reach.

Hm, I just gave myself something to do. Goody!
Old 13 September 2005, 01:26   #64
ST Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirminator2k
SuperFrog. Considering the awesome work done on the Intro I was really let down by that ending.
Did Super Frog have an intro?
I had a 4 disk pirate version that had no intro & no endind
What was the ending like & which version had the intro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severin
SWIV - fight your way through all the baddies, save the planet etc. and then they sack you..
About SWIV ending...
Actually the cool nuclear explosion in the end & the tower going down with it, looked awesome.
An ending doesn’t always have to turn out good for the hero.
I guess that's why I loved Final Fantasy Movie, but most other western viewers hated it...

Any ways... back to the topic.
Worse endings:

Project X Special Edition: Just some crap text saying congratulations & such. It's a good thing I cheated & not wasted my time on it.

Disposable Hero: Not because the Hero is blown up by a rocket launcher, but because of the stupid grin on the bad guys face. It all looked silly.

Body Blows Galactic: Just shows a small 16-colour pic of your hero pointing like this:
What’s the ending of Body Blows 1 like?

Assassin: Shows the Assassin with a retarded pose over the burning body of Midan & some boring text.

Agony: after all those incredible cut-scenes & intro pics, one would expect for one final pic, but instead it shows the second level pic with some text added.
Still this is an awesome shooter that deserves to be placed into the hall of the best all-time shooters on any system.

Some of the coolest endings I’ve seen on any system that is, are the ones in Chaos Engine & Alien Breed 1 (AB also has an incredible FMV sequence intro, that they managed to actually fit it into the 1st disk)
Old 16 September 2005, 00:42   #65
demoniac

The ending of Lemmings (and Oh No...) weren't all that great either -- just a congrats pic w/ the team I think for both. I expected more going thru all the levels.
Old 16 September 2005, 01:52   #66
FromWithin
Music lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoniac
The ending of Lemmings (and Oh No...) weren't all that great either -- just a congrats pic w/ the team I think for both. I expected more going thru all the levels.
You should have played the Lynx version. It's got a massive scroll text at the end. Scroll down to Lemmings on the Lynx FAQ page to read it.
Old 16 September 2005, 23:05   #67
demoniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromWithin
You should have played the Lynx version. It's got a massive scroll text at the end. Scroll down to Lemmings on the Lynx FAQ page to read it.
That scroll text took me about 30mins to read. It's quite amusing.
Old 17 September 2005, 04:12   #68
Ironclaw
Banned

Hardest game ever! but a rewarding outro.

The game:
http://www.snstudios.com/questforcrown/qftc.swf

Hints, tips, details and a walkthrough:
http://www.lanceandeskimo.com/questw...orthecrown.php
Old 17 September 2005, 11:35   #69
Shrub

DPaint 3 I drewed good but i dint give me nuffin in da ending
Old 17 September 2005, 11:55   #70
squirminator2k
Dream17 / PortsCenter guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Dragon
Did Super Frog have an intro?
I had a 4 disk pirate version that had no intro & no endind
What was the ending like & which version had the intro?
The original, non-cracked version had the Intro. I've yet to see a cracked version of the game that could get the Intro included.
The intro can be seen here. This version is the version Schwartz submitted to Team17, excluding the Lucozade reference and the Superfrog logo, before the Teamsters messed about with the timing which caused the short to lose a lot of its smoothness.

The ending can also be seen here.

Both links snagged from Pooka's Superfrog Tribute Site.
Old 17 September 2005, 22:48   #71
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirminator2k
The original, non-cracked version had the Intro. I've yet to see a cracked version of the game that could get the Intro included.
Every single version of Superfrog I've seen has the intro - just boot from disk 3 to view it. It's certainly on the Crystal version as that was the first one that was spread in NZ. (And if it's not on disk 3 it's definitely on disk 4)
Old 18 September 2005, 11:38   #72
Dalai

The Hired Guns ending was pretty cool... it went through a sequence describing what happened to each character in the years that followed.
Old 20 September 2005, 14:15   #73
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Cannon Fodder was quite lame, until that is you actually study the digitized picture of the Sensible Software crew. Each person has a word across their chests, each word a description of marvelment as to how great you are at Cannon Fodder. But take the first letter from each word, and it spells.... FUCK YOU

Last edited by Galahad/FLT; 21 September 2005 at 10:50.
Old 21 September 2005, 04:11   #74
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

And here it is!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	won.png
Views:	447
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	9294  
Old 21 September 2005, 08:01   #75
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
This game is protected x2 times, 1 time right in the first load, and at the end ^^, check what CFOU! wrote about it in whdload installer ^^.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintsauce82
Has anyone else completed Iron Lord? I managed to win the final tactical battle once - the ending sequence was my Amiga resetting itself
Old 18 March 2006, 05:55   #76
JohnnyWalker
aka ThunderPeel2001

Ah the Cannon Fodder ending! Thank you! I've been looking for that for years!

What a bizarre end to the game. I was sitting there with my Dad as I completed it. Sweat, blood and tears from that final level -- I had completed Cannon Fodder! We both sat there staring at the screen for some time. I'm not sure if my Dad noticed or not, but it took me a few mins to notice I was being insulted by the programmers. Bastards!

Still, it was better than Cannon Fodder 2's ending, which didn't even have that!!
Old 19 March 2006, 12:25   #77
Black Wolf

Send a message via MSN to Black Wolf
Kid Chaos - As far as I know, the ending only consists of one screen that shows Kid standing outside the cave, and before that, you had to read some victory speech. The music was quite good, however.

Bart vs. the World - Just when you thought that Krusty is congratulating you on saving the world, he has a change of tune and says "You didn't do it, Bart." Didn't do what? You are supposed to get some items to achieve the best ending, but I failed to do this.
Old 19 March 2006, 13:15   #78
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay
xenon 2 must be the worst ending in any game ever..... apart from....
Oh yes!. The ending to Xenon 2 was apalling! .. all it had was the effect of an old Tube TV being turned off. you know what i mean, that small white glowing dot in the centre until it fades off and disappears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT
Cannon Fodder was quite lame, until that is you actually study the digitized picture of the Sensible Software crew. Each person has a word across their chests, each word a description of marvelment as to how great you are at Cannon Fodder. But take the first letter from each word, and it spells.... FUCK YOU
Now what other gaming system had such great comments and imagination from its programmers!?. ummmm.. NONE!. The Amiga was unique.

What a classic comment from Sensible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST Dragon

About SWIV ending...
Actually the cool nuclear explosion in the end & the tower going down with it, looked awesome.
Yeah i spent a good 2 months trying to finish it and finally did with 1 life left!. Damn hard game, but i was happy with the Ending!.

3 posts merged. Please use EDIT blade002 when possible / bippy

Last edited by BippyM; 19 March 2006 at 15:14.
Old 20 March 2006, 13:29   #79
misguided_fool

I've just completed Faery Tale adventure.. Hours of tedious playing... All for a crappy silhouette pic of the main character with some bird on his horse.

Pants...

Worst ever ending I've experienced was Willow Pattern on the C64. Took me hours of playing, and learning the map inside out.. I finally rescued the girl and took her back to the boat only to see the words 'Well done' in yellow text in the corner of the screen.

I almost threw my f**kin monitor out the window.

God, I'm wound up now thinking about it 10 years on... Im a saddo...
Old 24 March 2006, 20:26   #80
The Twist

Gotta be Eye of the Beholder. Kill the big head and all you get is a wee message saying you're a hero. Shame cos it had a great intro.