English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 11 November 2004, 06:16   #41
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

I've finally managed to see the ending of Disposable Hero, on the shmups.com review.

That is WEIRD. What the hell? You get back home, people cheer up the hero who saved humanity, then someone gets a bazooka and BOOM, shoots everyone, including you?

This makes no sense at all!

Still a good game
Old 12 November 2004, 03:50   #42
Mœbius

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamst85
Shadow of the Beast (for me impossible without cheats, so I wasn't angry for Psygnosis - "Congratulations, bla,bla,bla

Fire Force - no spoilers - no comments.
ow go on - tell us what happens at the end of Fire Force? I never completed that one...
Old 19 November 2004, 21:04   #43
mintsauce82

Has anyone else completed Iron Lord? I managed to win the final tactical battle once - the ending sequence was my Amiga resetting itself
Old 20 November 2004, 09:28   #44
narud17

not so much a crappy ending i just want to know if anyone ever finished genetic species? or is it so damn hard(probaly just me) nobody finished it?

Old 01 September 2005, 13:58   #45
petza

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severin
SWIV - fight your way through all the baddies, save the planet etc. and then they sack you...
lol,man thats cool
Old 01 September 2005, 14:05   #46
Fenrir

Flood, probably. The worst and the best ending of all times
Oh and Curse of Enchantia as well. I spent so much time on that game and the ending was insulting.
Old 01 September 2005, 14:15   #47
Fenrir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrukk
Xenon II and Rainbow Islands are the two that spring to mind. Though to be fair to the Bitmap Bro's, it is hard for the ending to be bad when there is none!

As for Rainbow Islands... aargh - I was really pleased with myself when I finally made it through that whole damn game, and what did I get?
Well done - now can you do it again? F*** O**!#@
Are you kidding as they told you, this is the fake ending, and the true ending doesn't even lie when you get all the big diamonds. You must get all the big diamonds and the secret rooms in each island, THEN you have to go through the three secret islands, complete them and only THEN you can sit and watch the admittedly decent real ending (for one of the best games on Amiga in terms of conversion and hours of gameplay, really worth every pence you spent on it).
Old 01 September 2005, 14:17   #48
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Xenon 2 was pretty poor.
Predator 2 was equally poor.
Old 01 September 2005, 14:40   #49
NPI

hmm let's begin

Death Mask
PP Hammer
Superfrog <- I was sooo disapointed

etc...
Old 01 September 2005, 17:23   #50
Ironclaw
Banned

Dunno, but on the C64, Bravestarr had the crappiest outro. omg.
Old 02 September 2005, 05:44   #51
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

What's wrong with Superfrog's ending? There's the evil witch to defeat, then a series of animations - that's pretty good for an ending! Don't forget most companies knew players wouldn't see the ending, but would see the intro so they concentrated on making decent intros...
Old 02 September 2005, 11:03   #52
Python15

Worst ending I can remember was for Knightmare. Played this for absolutely months and months, almost caused a divorce, just for a crappy picture at the end! What a stinker!

Old 03 September 2005, 16:51   #53
NPI

at the end of SimCopter (PC), there are like 2 men kissing each other, wich is the most discusting ending ever!
Old 08 September 2005, 21:34   #54
demoniac

SuperCars just give a blurb on your driving skills.
Old 09 September 2005, 20:44   #55
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I wouldn't call that a disappointing ending for a racer. It's not like SC2 has a story or anything.

I would say the ending to Chuck Rock is pretty lame, considering the very decent intro. A cartoon ending probably would have boosted the disk count to three...
Old 09 September 2005, 21:00   #56
Duke
HOL-Team

Send a message via ICQ to Duke
The ending of Wonderboy in Monsterland is pretty crappy, so is the one of Giana Sisters.
Old 09 September 2005, 22:39   #57
demoniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal
I would say the ending to Chuck Rock is pretty lame, considering the very decent intro. A cartoon ending probably would have boosted the disk count to three...
You can also say that about Blood Money. The first version I got crashed at the ending. When I finally got a better version (released by the same co-op), the ending was mediocre.

It also seems that all Sword Of Sodan 4-disk cracks all crash at the ending too.
Old 11 September 2005, 13:09   #58
Matthias

Quote:
You can also say that about Blood Money. The first version I got crashed at the ending. When I finally got a better version (released by the same co-op), the ending was mediocre.
Could you tell me, what the ending is? Because I played it through, then there appears a message like "Now we got a surprise for you." Then it crashes (nice surprise...).

Actually I havn't played that many games through to the end on the Amiga. Only LucasArts adventures, but they all had quite good endings.
I managed to finish Rainbow Islands, I even managed to get every big diamond, but I never saw secret islands
I beat it on Sega Genesis, not on Amiga, though. I don't know if there is a major difference between those two versions.
Old 11 September 2005, 13:19   #59
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

The Blood Money ending is at the bottom of the set of HOL screens: http://hol.abime.net/154/screenshot
Old 11 September 2005, 14:14   #60
JohnnyWalker
aka ThunderPeel2001

Quote:
Re: Rainbow Islands - THEN you have to go through the three secret islands, complete them and only THEN you can sit and watch the admittedly decent real ending (for one of the best games on Amiga in terms of conversion and hours of gameplay, really worth every pence you spent on it).
Actually the final three islands were never ported to the Amiga version, and if you manage to get all 7 Big Diamonds on the Amiga you get the "real" ending (which wasn't too bad).

Xenon II was without doubt the worst ending I ever saw. Such an absolutely huge let down after getting through all that!

Final Fight simply said "congratulations" (as I recall) and that was a huge let down also.

Cannon Fodder had an interesting ending, the whole team assembled in the screen to subtley insult you, just as you and your Dad finally completed it. Nice (anyone have a screenshot handy?). But Cannon Fodder II (possibly due to the influence of Stuart 'game endings aren't important' Campbell) didn't even have the 'comedy insult'.

Syndicate didn't this also have a crappy ending?

(As an aside: Game endings ARE important. Sure, they're not as important as the gameplay itself, but they do determine largely the feeling you're left with after completing the game. Full Throttle (PC) has probably the best ending of any game ever, but it also complements the game perfectly and leaves you feeling completely satisfied.)

Last edited by JohnnyWalker; 11 September 2005 at 14:21.