English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 11 March 2002, 17:02   #1
scoobysnax114

Cool Original amiga gamedisk to pc uae ???

I know this question has probably been asked a lot of times but i have an original amiga floppy disk game (Football crazy) and was wondering if there is some tool or utility that i can use to make this game work on UAE Many thanks (i did try and look at all the FAQ's on this topic but found that many of them contradicted one another) Cheers Steve Vangorph

Old 11 March 2002, 18:24   #2
RetroMan

First of all read this : http://80.239.168.80/eab/showthread.php?threadid=3239

After that you should perhaps look for the game as an adf on the Net, that´s probably easier than creating an adf from an original
Old 11 March 2002, 19:07   #3
scoobysnax114

Big grin Cheers Retroman !!

It is very unlikely that some of the games i have will be available over the net as adf files for download (unless you know of some place i dont) as these games i have were bought direct from the software suppliers and were not available in the shops and besides which floppy drives are pittance to buy so i may as well download the tool and use the two floppy drives to convert to adf files.........Cheers anyway you seem to be the only one in this forum that replies to me........

Old 11 March 2002, 20:18   #4
RetroMan

Hmmm I think that if you put a request in the GAMES REQ Section here, most of the games you have are allready available and can be uploaded by some friendly soul
Old 12 March 2002, 02:37   #5
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Re: Cheers Retroman !!

Quote:
Originally posted by scoobysnax114
It is very unlikely that some of the games i have will be available over the net as adf files for download (unless you know of some place i dont) as these games i have were bought direct from the software suppliers and were not available in the shops...
Like which games, for example.
Old 12 March 2002, 10:11   #6
scoobysnax114

Like Football Crazy for instance which was only available from ESP software through mail order !!!

Old 12 March 2002, 12:11   #7
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Well I know that one, since it was already mentioned. You said games, plural meaning more than one.
Old 12 March 2002, 14:41   #8
scoobysnax114

Cheers ghost but ive spent hours searching for the games on my hitlist and i think i can cater for 90% of them....Have you been to emuchina.net or pe2000.net ???? Loads a games

Old 12 March 2002, 20:51   #9
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Yeah, I have all the Amiga stuff from those sites (well, not every coverdisk and I *may* be missing a compilation or two), but what I try to focus on finding is non-TOSEC stuff, since it has a greater likelihood of becoming obsolete. And I want the stuff to end up in the TOSEC dats because then it becomes a part of the symbolic Amiga gaming box set.
Old 14 March 2002, 06:30   #10
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I was reading an article in A1200 Compatibility in The Crypt online magazine, and Football Crazy was mentioned there. Perhaps the writer of that article has a spreadable version of this software he might being willing to post here?

For the record, this game is still in development today on the PeeCee, only under the name Football Masters (or Football Masters 1999). Apparently, there was an update for each subsequent season (the series began on the Amiga and ST in 1990).

From my understanding, LSD released a crack of this game, but I don't have it and have never seen it. I have added it to my MIA list and hopefully someone can upchuck a copy. I may even have it on a compact, but it's hard to tell at this point. And I believe there may have even been a Football Crazy 2 (there was a doc file for this game on one of the LSD Docs disks...)

I'm lookin'!

BTW: do you have a scanner? I sure could use a scan of the cover art for this hard-to-find game.
Old 14 March 2002, 06:52   #11
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Oh yeah...another resource is the Atari ST version I mentioned earlier. It can be found on one of the numerous menu disks the ST is so well known for (New Order #11, Automation #325).

And I forgot to mention above that the Amiga also has Football Masters, the follow-up to Football Crazy. I have an original of this game, as well as adf's of it and Football Masters Editor. The dates on these are 1991, so it was just a year after Football Crazy was released. And I also have an even later version under the name Professional Football Masters v5.08, which was published in 1994. The game sure has gone through many name changes!

Hopefully this info will be of some help. Let me know if you would like any of those games posted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	football masters.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	2020  
Old 14 March 2002, 11:02   #12
scoobysnax114

Hi Ghost , I still am trying to get an adf of football crazy and have recently found someone who has the original !! They are sending it to me so i'm going to need a second floppy drive and DISK2FDI to convert to adf !!! From what i can remember there was no protection on this disk as i made a back-up of it many years ago when i had my amiga . As for football masters its also available at emuchina.net but as of yet ive not been able to download anything from there , im just assuming that its very busy !!! Anyhow thanks for your help PS I didnt think you Americans liked soccer that much !!(hehe)

Old 14 March 2002, 18:04   #13
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Well if you get a copy of Football Crazy mastered to an adf, please post it here in the Zone. In the meantime, I went ahead and uploaded those TOSEC disks for you to the Zone, since Emuchina may never work again, who knows!

As for us yanks and soccer, well the only sport I like watching on TV (or in stadiums) is baseball. When I coached kids soccer, I really understood the game a lot more and could appreciate its intensity and involvement (and for the record, the team I coached never lost a game!) But regarding soccer games like Football Crazy, etc. - not that crazy about them (especially the management games), but I am crazy about Amiga games, so...
Old 14 March 2002, 18:19   #14
scoobysnax114

Cheers Ghost but ive now successfully managed to download from emuchina .First of all it does not support the AOL browser and secondly it doesn't like download managers but all is cool now Catha later !!!

Old 14 March 2002, 18:26   #15
scoobysnax114

Big grin

Hey ghost, i know what i was going to ask you , the other day you mentioned something about a program that de-protects which might come in handy for use with DISK2FDI (when my 2nd floppy drive arrives) I'm pretty sure that `Football Crazy` is not protected from when i had it with my amiga all those years ago but that program of yours might come in handy just in case...........Cheers Ghost !!

Old 14 March 2002, 19:28   #16
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Hmmm...the only program I recall mentioning that might deprotect any Amiga software would be those copier disks like RawCopy, ProjectD, etc. Unless you are thinking of my link reference to the CAPS homepage...
Old 15 March 2002, 01:03   #17
scoobysnax114

I think it was project d 3.16 or something like that

Old 15 March 2002, 01:08   #18
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

It's very likely that these programs don't have parameters for Football Crazy. But if you still want them, I can do another copier flood for you.