English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Sprites

Old 12 September 2014, 22:34   #161
bfrnhout
Retro is the game to play

To neil79. The problem is that i never turned the scrolling on. everytine when i turn it of the program is decided that it is needed to scroll. And when i insert a picture, And i do nothing with is then only link the file. The program that make the site make his mind up and flip the image create some effect to it. And some times its link also to the wrong file. To get it right i need sometime upload the page 3 times.

(I already contacted the makers cause the program cost me €60,--, But they claims that there is nothing wrong with the program.) So i am looking for another program and this time i do not pay for it not before i tested the program at least one year. if that means that i have to crack the program so be it.

But now the program:
over 500 line added. 4 images correted, 25 new functions made. 2 inhertence created witch failed, because BB don't like that. So i have to rewrite 2 function to make it 4 functions. Added a new piece of display. 10 timers added cause my machine is to fast. 6 Booleans to make some markers for creating and deleting shuttle plus shifting bay.

Ok to much info. Just download the lastes Apha release of what in working now.

Let me know what is not working. or what need improvement. (If it not disagree with original game)
Old 18 September 2014, 07:50   #162
Gambit

Nice update!
you are making great progress.
just a few things I am noticing so far.
-The sound seems a bit off some times. there are a few ticks in it.
-Anti aliasing is used on the fonts. is this intentional?
-In the original game when you research an item it will be the next inline for production. If you research S-drive before S-chassis S-drive will be second on the production list.
-I still need to disable my extra monitors to be able to run the game.

Hope to see your next update soon and keep up the great work.

I hope to bring out my next update soon. I was away on holiday so things stopped for a while.
Old 19 September 2014, 23:00   #163
bfrnhout

Gambit:
-Yes the sound is off and there are ticks in it. This is because the memory management is not working on the way it suppost to. When i load the sound the last 8 bytes is truncated. That give the tick sound. Stil looking for a solution.
-Anti aliasing is turned of in my compiler but when the request is done for a full screen windows automaticly turns it on again. To get the strechting working ok. This is a problem wil look in to it. And wil be solved in the final game.
-That a good one. I never notice that. I try it on my Amiga1200 and you are right. I have to program that to. Thanks a lot.
-There i can not found any solution for it. I look up but i can't find anything about it. I only know that the game wil go to the first screen its get. I try it on the HP on my work witch is using 3 screens and it just pop up on the middle screen. It was set to the default screen. Maybe this can help you.

And now for the game. ITs out again. On a complete new sitepage. Did yesterday a major rewriting and its there. The new Build is 102.

http://people.zeelandnet.nl/bfernhout/deuteros.html

You can find it there. If your browser is opening with a bleu background press F5 once to reload the page completly, and then you got the new page.

Still Thanks for the big help here. And Gambit i hope you game is working too. When its done port it to the adroid. I think a lot of people will be happy when you done it.
Old 20 September 2014, 18:01   #164
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Much much better Thanks for the site up date

EDIT : Would it be possible to add a future screen size option, as currently it's a tiny window in the screen centre

Last edited by Neil79; 20 September 2014 at 18:28.
Old 20 September 2014, 22:12   #165
bfrnhout

its original a 640 X 400 screen. I dit strech it to 640 X 480.
What you have is disable streching the screen to this format. that is done trough the BIOS. My program ask a complete controle of the DOS screen and limited acces from windows to the program.
Standard is this straching in the BIOS on. so i do not know why its of by you. Even this i can not control from my program. If you dont know how to do this ask someone who do know it. Its a simple setting and give yoe a lot of fun during game play.
Old 21 September 2014, 01:07   #166
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

"Disable screen stretching through Bios" Not heard of that one before, there is no screen stretching in Bios. By the way you should work with Gambit on this as his version has

Added an options screen
Full screen / windowed switch

And is a much larger playable screen area ( 1226x766 )

Old 21 September 2014, 02:35   #167
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
"Disable screen stretching through Bios" Not heard of that one before, there is no screen stretching in Bios. By the way you should work with Gambit on this as his version has

Added an options screen
Full screen / windowed switch

And is a much larger playable screen area ( 1226x766 )
There is on laptops.

@bfrnhout

In Production screen, derrick LED always appears yellow.
Also the shuttle drive unit in production book is missing transparancy. This is also white line down side of drive unit as it builds.
Also you select to build supply pod but it builds tool pod instead. production book is missing transparancy.
Need to test it more, as it crashed with memory violation after clicking cryo pod in suttle bay. Shuttle bay was also missing brackground gfx.

Last edited by FOL; 21 September 2014 at 02:46.
Old 21 September 2014, 02:37   #168
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
There is on laptops.
Bleh laptops
Old 21 September 2014, 02:48   #169
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
Bleh laptops
Im pretty sure I have seen it on some pc's too.
It does run full screen for me.
Old 21 September 2014, 11:46   #170
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Im pretty sure I have seen it on some pc's too.
It does run full screen for me.
It runs fullscreen here as well, it's just the game size area is too small, it's the difference between 640 with bfrnhouts and nearly 1280 on Gambits
Old 22 September 2014, 14:23   #171
Gambit

I just looked at the new version. It almost looks and feels like playing the original game. Well Done! There are some issues with GFX placement but I imagine that is easily fixed.
When I produced a tool pod I got a supply pod so I think you have them swapped. After I mounted the supply pod I clicked on the add toolpod button and got a memory error Hope you get it fixed soon because I can't wait for the next version.
Old 22 September 2014, 14:54   #172
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
I just looked at the new version. It almost looks and feels like playing the original game. Well Done! There are some issues with GFX placement but I imagine that is easily fixed.
When I produced a tool pod I got a supply pod so I think you have them swapped. After I mounted the supply pod I clicked on the add toolpod button and got a memory error Hope you get it fixed soon because I can't wait for the next version.
lol, you posted exactly what I posted. Good to see some one else had same issues.
Old 22 September 2014, 22:08   #173
bfrnhout

Supply and tool pod wil be corrected I hoop in the next release. Neil79 did have give me a Mayor bug report i did not see at first. I need to reprogram (Repoint a lot) the production and research department. To make it work like the original game.

Getting The memory error is because i again mixed up two variables. I've got ToolPod as a marker and Im_ToolPod as image. but forgot to place the Im_ before name to make the image. So the program could not find the picture and trough an error. And then the program terminate to prevent memory leakage.

Yes i have strict on in my IDE. But if you use a name with and without the Im_ the strict is not complaining. So a mistake like this is easy made. But then again thats where you come in. Thanks.

Next release wil not have a lot of new thing cause the program correction. But i think it wil be nice. O boy i hope it wil take a long time before its fryday. then i have time to correct it.
Old 22 September 2014, 22:11   #174
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Old 24 September 2014, 22:34   #175
bfrnhout

LOL i did missed your bug report. But read it now.
The LED is indeed yellow. Its bring back to a low priorety. Its not preventing the working of the program. I can't find the problem right away. have to rewrite a couple of functions.

Some graphics problems solved not all i have to test them. But i wil hear of it if its still not ok.

N.B. Because the pointer is missing the image its pointing to a zero memory. That memory is a protected memory. Windows block the program to read or write to it. And trouw an error message witch indicate no read/write to protected memory.

My program have to interpert that as a memory violation. Ant that is waht you give me. So i can find pretty fast the problem.

neil79, i try to run the program on 7 differend computers from win xp to win 8.1 (laptop and desktop) all of them is running without any problem. I hate that, cause i cant find a solution if i don't have the problem. Sorry for you. On the internet an option is given for the bios to turn off or on the aspect ratio. Or right click on the program and select compatible mode. Select the option can't strecht 640 X 480. maybe that is helping.

Thats the only thing i do know.

Between Gambit and me is, that i am trying to keep the program 100% the same. That means that i need to work in a 640 X 400 screen. Als i want to keep the program compatible with older versions of computer. I have here a computer a Vobis computer with a DX2 66 Mhz processor that is fast enough for windows 95, My program is running on that computer to. Yes its an old computer, but there are some people who are working with them and like my program.
When the program is complete i wil make the program also switchable between windows and Fullscreen.
When its fully workable i wil grade it up to version 2.0 with more interactive AI to the player so it wil be harder to win the game. And my idea is to make the battle a turn based game. But that is for later.

But guys i like the feedback and i give me the plasure to make the game better.
Startup screen is chainged. I hope you will see it fryday.
Old 24 September 2014, 23:34   #176
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Happy to report that Deuteros does indeed run full screen stretch on my Windows 8.1 power house . However it does not on the Imac - Bootcamp Windows. But then that's the difference between a X1800 chipset and my AMD R9 . Please note though that regarding "internet an option is given for the bios to turn off or on aspect ratio is not a current system bios setting ". I believe that's a laptop or a much older system bios setting as Fol Said
Old 25 September 2014, 18:07   #177
bfrnhout

Its a bit of bad luck for you.
However i did spoke with my son about this problem and he has a suggestion. That is to scale or stretch to graphics it self. And i give that thouth a verry big change that it wil work. I am able in the program to scale everthing to the right screen format. I have to look in to it. And i hope you don't mind that i wil place that on the TODO list. It wil be used than when the program is finished.
Because of the scaling i have to do. I also need to look at the problem of controling the mouse and where it is on the screen. As soon as the screen is larger the place is differende. So i have to work on a Array of locations on the screen to work on.
Old 25 September 2014, 20:57   #178
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

I wouldn't say it was bad luck, it's just different system configurations.

Thanks for looking into it, as I said it works great resolution wise on my Windows 8.1 system but not the windows bootcamp on Imac
Old 26 September 2014, 21:48   #179
bfrnhout

Ok NEIL79 i have here something to eas you pain. When you start this one i think you like it.

The new build is 154. Check this to know you got the right version update of this Alpha release.
As always this is the lacation to get it.
http://people.zeelandnet.nl/bfernhout/deuteros.html
I hope you can find your way in the new page.
Old 26 September 2014, 22:10   #180
bfrnhout

Extra information to Gambit:

I downloaded your version. And it looks good. Some text are not in place but i think thats a simple solution. The rest is looking good. I found out that i could produce OF frame while its not researched.

I wait for more detail until you got that what you wil say its ok. then the real bug hunting is starting.

I read that the program you use is able to porting the game to andraid. I would be realy a great thing when that is done.

Goog luck.