English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 03 April 2023, 14:33   #161
AmigaDweeb
Mutation Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokolovic View Post
Wow splendid new ! Nice to imagine a sequel of a commercial Amiga game released 30 years after the first episode and still made by the same team and running on an Amiga !

Do you have any contact with the Retro Games Ltd team to promote the game for the A500 Mini ?
Thank you. It's just a hobby these days of course, given new Amiga games only sell in much smaller numbers now compared to 30 years ago. I hope you and others like it, as I started it in 2020 after Wiz and it's been a true labour of love to get it out the door for sure.

I am not in contact with them no, but love the A500Mini which it works great on in tests too. Great little machine that
Old 03 April 2023, 14:53   #162
nikosidis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Cummings View Post
Release Date: May 5th 2023

Sweet
Old 03 April 2023, 15:59   #163
AmigaDweeb
Mutation Software

I'll repeat this now too while I'm here...

I can't offer a free download key for those wanting the Digital version in advance of their Paid Physical versions this time tho, as the new digital storefront Etsy, does not support download keys for digital products (yet at least). So that is out and no go. End customers will need to decide to purchase either the Digital or Physical version(s) of the game.
Old 03 April 2023, 21:05   #164
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Will the game be HD installable?
Old 03 April 2023, 21:23   #165
AmigaDweeb
Mutation Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
Will the game be HD installable?
As is, yes to FFS filesystem based Amiga as explained in manual, else will need to wait for WHDLoad patch [perhaps by the mighty wizard of legend, Psygore].

There will be a free demo version too.

Last edited by AmigaDweeb; 04 April 2023 at 12:13.
Old 03 April 2023, 23:26   #166
jotd
This cat is no more

I'd kill for your OFS/FFS HD routine. There's one in CD32load from Rob Northen, but it doesn't handle partial file reads, and as a result CD32load doesn't work on most games from hard drive on 2MB configurations like A600 or A1200 2MB.
Old 04 April 2023, 06:04   #167
AmigaDweeb
Mutation Software

All my own stuff since Doodlebug CD32 version at least uses RNC disk routines via dosio which I think was part of copylock in the past, can't remember.

You can have it if you want, just send me a PM, but I thought everybody already had all that anyway [Edit for anybody else reading this: The binary distro only and not the actual Dosio source code which AFAIK was never actually released by RNC].

As also used on Wiz of course but only seems to like standard OFS, FFS HD's and CD32.

Quote:
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Amigados File Functions for AmigaDos Floppy/Hard Disks & CD32 CD-ROM
;
; Copyright (c) 1988-94 Rob Northen Computing, U.K. All Rights Reserved.
;
; File: DOSIO_AA.S (CIA-A TIMER-A version)
;
; Date: 13-APR-94
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by AmigaDweeb; 04 April 2023 at 12:11.
Old 09 April 2023, 11:07   #168
AmigaDweeb
Mutation Software

Final spec. and versions for 05/05/23 release...

Last edited by AmigaDweeb; 11 April 2023 at 12:38. Reason: Inset graphic updated
Old 09 April 2023, 11:11   #169
AmigaDweeb
Mutation Software

From 05/05/23...

Digital UK£12.99
Physical Micro Series UK£16.99
Physical Big Glossy Box UK£39.99

Postage or overseas duty not included.
Physical orders will use eBay Global Shipping Programme.
Old 09 April 2023, 11:56   #170
vulture

That's great news, congratulations!
Old 09 April 2023, 11:58   #171
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

~15 € for the digital version sounds good me to
Old 11 April 2023, 09:01   #172
AmigaDweeb
Mutation Software

There are problems running this game like all my previous releases to date on 060 accelerated Amiga's after further tests it seems, due to Blitter/Cache/RAM slowdown, even using caches off option built into the game does not fix it.

A forthcoming WHDLoad patch is in progress (thanks Tony & Psygore) which will hopefully be ready from release to help mitigate any problems with accelerated machines.

Inset graphic a few posts back has been updated to show additional WHDLoad link button for each title now too.
Old 24 April 2023, 12:27   #173
Fery

Send a message via ICQ to Fery
Oh yeah, I'll be on the road the day of the release. I hope my cell phone and mobile data don't fail.
Old 24 April 2023, 12:35   #174
AmigaDweeb
Mutation Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fery View Post
Oh yeah, I'll be on the road the day of the release. I hope my cell phone and mobile data don't fail.
If it should sell out initially in Physical form, I'll look into a smaller physical rerun afterwards.
Old 24 April 2023, 12:38   #175
AmigaDweeb
Mutation Software

This is what info will be presented on Friday 5th May (Noon GMT / 1:00PM BST) for the Big Glossy Box version at least...

---

BIG GLOSSY BOX COLLECTORS PHYSICAL EDITION - AMSN 006BB

30 years on... Lead the next generation of CyberPunks on even more dangerous missions into space and beyond.
Engage in battle against relentless swarms of alien creatures with your team of cyber marines and return order to a chaotic planetary system.

Genre: Top Down Shooter
Disks: 2 (ADF files supplied on USB Stick + Glossy 3.5" Disk labels included)
Big Glossy Box version also includes FREE Physical CD32 CDROM + Bonus extras!
Full colour printed & digital PDF manual included
Players: 1 or 2
Amiga: 2MB AGA

Note: Please read before purchasing this Physical version...

1) Using the eBay Global Shipping Programme, WE CANNOT COMBINE MULTIPLE MIXED TYPE ITEMS POSTAGE FEES if shipping outside UK (If you wish to bulk order many EXACT SAME ITEMS outside the UK, then please contact us first so we can lower your overall postage fees, and return any overpayment due to you via PayPal).

2) When ordering this Physical version, WE CANNOT SUPPLY CUSTOMERS WITH A FREE DIGITAL VERSION as our Digital only storefront Etsy, does not support secure key code downloads (yet).

3) Colour of USB memory stick may differ from that shown in picture.

4) Promo cup coaster only supplied while stocks last.

5) This game was developed and intended for stock Amiga A1200 (i.e. 68020 CPU/2MB Chip RAM). You may notice occasional slowdown on anything higher spec. than this if your system is accelerated. Try the WHDLoad patch via the button shown below the game at www.mutationsoftware.uk

6) To avoid any disappointment we have tested every FREE Physical CDROM in a real CD32 before shipping to customers. Please ensure your CD32 laser lens is clean and that the CDROM is wiped clean with a soft cloth before use.

This Physical [.ADF Disk & CD32 CDROM] Edition is Published by Mutation Software DBA Software Amusements

Last edited by AmigaDweeb; 05 May 2023 at 11:05.
Old 24 April 2023, 18:24   #176
viddi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Cummings View Post
There are problems running this game like all my previous releases to date on 060 accelerated Amiga's after further tests it seems, due to Blitter/Cache/RAM slowdown, even using caches off option built into the game does not fix it.

A forthcoming WHDLoad patch is in progress (thanks Tony & Psygore) which will hopefully be ready from release to help mitigate any problems with accelerated machines.

Inset graphic a few posts back has been updated to show additional WHDLoad link button for each title now too.

Can't wait to play the game!!

Btw, I hope Wiz and Tin Toy will be fixed, too.
Old 24 April 2023, 19:01   #177
AmigaDweeb
Mutation Software

There is now a test WHDLoad patch for CyberPunks 2 but not yet released.

In testing it seems that even using that only improves slowdown slightly on 060 tho probably not all variants of accelerator board may manifest that problem.

In testing using 060 emulation at least, I found setting MMU helped a lot but there is no solid answer I found given so many variants of 060 accelerators. I have no idea how it will perform out of the box on Vampire but there will be a free demo to try first of course.

It is pretty hard to support stock AGA configuration and all the accelerator variants up from there, so I can only hope WHDLoad can improve that situation further perhaps.

It plays great on everything else tho

Last edited by AmigaDweeb; 29 April 2023 at 11:21.
Old 27 April 2023, 15:00   #178
AmigaDweeb
Mutation Software

My advice if you have an accelerated Amiga (like 060) is play the FREE demo first soon to see if it likes your machine.

Last edited by AmigaDweeb; 27 April 2023 at 15:34.
Old 28 April 2023, 10:52   #179
AmigaDweeb
Mutation Software

I since woke up this morning and wrote a Fastmem mirror version of CyberPunks 2 which is in test later today.

If it works as intended on primarily 060 with some Fastmem, then i'll do the same FREE fix patch for Wiz and possibly Tin Toy.

If not, I won't of course
Old 29 April 2023, 11:41   #180
AmigaDweeb
Mutation Software

Final update before release on the 5th May via www.MutationSoftware.uk

Everything is duplicated and ready.
Still waiting on the first batch of Big Glossy Boxes to arrive here, but they're on the way.
The initial WHDLoad patch has been written by Psygore and now tested OK.
Some early birds I promised have the FREE demo version in hand now as I type.
Some 060 accelerators are still causing problems - please try the demo before purchase!
A final 'attempt three' to patch the 060 slowdown was made this morning but I don't hold out a lot of hope even tho it works fine here (via emulated 060).
There were easily over 80 suggestions made for gameplay additions that were made in test and I actioned most of them. In the end I pretty much ran out of memory on stock Amiga (AGA) 2MB Chip & CD32 so the planned shoot'emup stage had to be removed from the final game design.
The FREE demo comes with the full .pdf colour manual which is very nicely printed too if purchasing the Physical version(s).
The full digital review copies are being sent out on the 4th May. The list is full now tho.

I hope you like it anyway. It took an inordinate amount of extra work to actually bring to release :P

You should see more of it on the AmigaBill stream and other places soon of course.

P.S. The FREE twin ADF Demo will be here on the day: https://www.softwareamusements.com/D...Punks2Demo.zip