English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 29 September 2022, 15:54   #161
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
Download the installer or the uhcinstall script from http://uhc.a1k.org/ or one of the other mirrors.
Same, nothing changes even with the version you link, AROS 68K is detected as AROS X86

Please note, I am testing a "native" AROS 68K version ! you on which AROS 68k did you test uhcinstall?

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 10 November 2022 at 21:30.
Old 29 September 2022, 18:23   #162
patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Same, nothing changes even with the version you link, AROS 68K is detected as AROS X86

Please note, I am testing a "native" AROS 68K version ! you on which AROS 68k did you test uhcinstall?
I tested that it did not break on current architectures we support, I did not test it on 68K AROS, I was relying on you for that testing .

We use the output from the ShowConfig tool to decide if it is aros-i386 or aros-m68k. Can you please show the output of ShowConfig on your system?

Btw, what do you mean with '"native" AROS 68K'? Is there a non-native variant?
Old 29 September 2022, 18:56   #163
AMIGASYSTEM

Yes there is also ApolloOS (Vampire) which is based AROS 68k.

Attach Screen of ShowConfig

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 10 November 2022 at 21:29.
Old 29 September 2022, 19:54   #164
patrik

Quote:
Yes there is also ApolloOS (Vampire) which is based AROS 68k.

Attach Screen of ShowConfig
This puzzles me. I am looking for the "M68K/BE" part, which is indeed present in your ShowConfig output.

So if you:
Code:
ram:
aget uhc.a1k.org/uhcinstall QUIET
execute uhcinstall
It does not say that it wants to download uhctools_aros-m68k.lha?

Also try this and show me the output:
Code:
ram:
aget megaburken.net/~patrik/detectos QUIET
execute detectos
Old 30 September 2022, 00:55   #165
AMIGASYSTEM

The two scripts work, Aros 68k is detected, but to complete you have to do two steps, first you download detectos/uhcinstall, and then you have to execute them.

Basically detectos/uhcinstall are downloaded, but execute is not executed !

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 10 November 2022 at 21:29.
Old 30 September 2022, 02:08   #166
patrik

Quote:
The two scripts work, Aros 68k is detected, but to complete you have to do two steps, first you download detectos/uhcinstall, and then you have to execute them.

Basically detectos/uhcinstall are downloaded, but execute is not executed !
The result with upper shells in both pictures looks like when several lines of commands are pasted into the shell but the last line is missing a newline at the end. Normally in this case, all commands are executed once you press enter/return to add the missing newline. If not, it is a shell or console issue - I am positive that if you entered the commands line by line, even the last execute would execute.

What I wanted to do with this test was to double-check that the same aros type detection that is in the "Installation" file/script in http://uhc.a1k.org/UHCTools.lha does work on your system, which it apparently does.

So I don't understand why http://uhc.a1k.org/UHCTools.lha does not work for you. If you don't mind, can you please retry it?
Old 30 September 2022, 08:29   #167
AMIGASYSTEM

No does not work installer usual error: aget.aros-i386: file is not executable

If you want I can attach you a small Hardfile, with the config for WinUAE with a BASIC version of my AROS One 68k
Old 30 September 2022, 09:38   #168
patrik

Quote:
No does not work installer usual error: aget.aros-i386: file is not executable

If you want I can attach you a small Hardfile, with the config for WinUAE with a BASIC version of my AROS One 68k
That would be nice! Any chance it works in fs-uae?
Old 30 September 2022, 11:14   #169
AMIGASYSTEM

Yes It works perfectly with FS-UAE, I attach both the WinUAE configuration, it also works well with Wine, and I also attach an old FS-UAE configuration of mine that I use with Amilator.

In the archive are the 2 updated ROMs, "do not use any other ROM, not even the one built in FS-UAE (OLD)"

These are the requirements:
- CPU 060
- JIT Active !
- RAM 256/512 MB
- ROM = aros-rom.bin
- ROM Main = aros-rom.bin
- RTG Board = UAE Zorro III
- Display = AROS One is set a 1024x768 Screen

AROS One 68k Basic version, no third-party software

https://eab.abime.net/zone/Aros-One-68k.zip

If you also want to test AROS One x86, it also works from PendriveLive, you can find it HERE:

https://sites.google.com/view/arosone

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 30 September 2022 at 13:00.
Old 04 October 2022, 22:51   #170
patrik

Quote:
Yes It works perfectly with FS-UAE, I attach both the WinUAE configuration, it also works well with Wine, and I also attach an old FS-UAE configuration of mine that I use with Amilator.

In the archive are the 2 updated ROMs, "do not use any other ROM, not even the one built in FS-UAE (OLD)"

These are the requirements:
- CPU 060
- JIT Active !
- RAM 256/512 MB
- ROM = aros-rom.bin
- ROM Main = aros-rom.bin
- RTG Board = UAE Zorro III
- Display = AROS One is set a 1024x768 Screen

AROS One 68k Basic version, no third-party software

https://eab.abime.net/zone/Aros-One-68k.zip

If you also want to test AROS One x86, it also works from PendriveLive, you can find it HERE:

https://sites.google.com/view/arosone
Thank you very much for the awesome instructions.

The problem with the "Installation" script in http://uhc.a1k.org/UHCTools.lha was that in AROS when a script is launched from Wanderer using IconX, the only path is current dir and C:, all others are lost. This is a bug.

As a workaround, I have manually added a path to SYS:Tools in the "Installation" script now. Please retry.

Last edited by patrik; 04 October 2022 at 23:45.
Old 04 October 2022, 23:51   #171
AMIGASYSTEM

Thank you, now everything works perfectly on AROS One 68k, see screnshot

On my AROS One 68k "Full" system I had still received the message "aget.aros-i386: file is not executable", then I found out that it depended on "Showconfig" which I had moved to the System folder

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 02 September 2023 at 00:56.
Old 05 October 2022, 00:31   #172
patrik

Quote:
Thank you, now everything works perfectly on AROS One 68k, see screnshot

On my AROS One 68k "Full" system I had still received the message "aget.aros-i386: file is not executable", then I found out that it depended on "Showconfig" which I had moved to the System folder
If you have the motivation, please report the bug that path is reset when launched from wanderer and it would be ok to have in the System folder too.

Thank you very much for testing!
Old 05 October 2022, 06:58   #173
AMIGASYSTEM

On AROS 68k this is not a problem because I moved "Showconfig" to the Tools folder, on AROS by default "Showconfig "is in the Tools path.

Of course on AROS One x86 this does not happen, even though "Showconfig" is in the System folder (path chosen by me).
Old 07 October 2022, 17:01   #174
patrik

Quote:
On AROS 68k this is not a problem because I moved "Showconfig" to the Tools folder, on AROS by default "Showconfig "is in the Tools path.

Of course on AROS One x86 this does not happen, even though "Showconfig" is in the System folder (path chosen by me).
The installation just happens to default to aros-i386 when ShowConfig is missing. This as I didn’t want to break installation on aros-i386 when I did the change.

The bug itself that path is empty (apart from current dir and C: ) when you launch scripts with IconX from wanderer is present in aros-i386 too, which makes sense as this is not an hardware architecture related bug.
Old 10 October 2022, 12:56   #175
DisasterIncarna

the HVSC addition works great, is there any chance for also supporting in some way http://deepsid.chordian.net/ that site also uses HVSC but its search options seem more powerful, rather than finding just filenames you search for, it seems to also be able to know songs that "contain" part/remixed elements of your search.

For example, Searching for "Cybernoid" will produce 5 search results in bog standard HVSC, but on deepsid/chordian it will show many more such as HVSC/M/B/Beat_Machine/Xayne/JT_Remake.sid

^ that sid obviously does not have "Cybernoid" as part of its name so wont show up in out normal HVSC search, but DeepSid knows the tune has remix parts of the tune that are from Cybernoid and more so displays that as a search result as well.

that sid file mentioned above has tags showing
Code:
TITLE: Eliminator, Tune #1 (0:00)
ARTIST: Jeroen Tel
TITLE: Load next level [from the C64 game Hawkeye] (0:30)
TITLE: Kinetix, Tune #1 (0:45)
TITLE: Cybernoid II, Tune #1 (1:46)
^ stuff liek that lets deepsid know that "Cybernoid" is, if not part of the filename is part of the song.
Old 10 October 2022, 20:55   #176
patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisasterIncarna View Post
the HVSC addition works great, is there any chance for also supporting in some way http://deepsid.chordian.net/ that site also uses HVSC but its search options seem more powerful, rather than finding just filenames you search for, it seems to also be able to know songs that "contain" part/remixed elements of your search.

For example, Searching for "Cybernoid" will produce 5 search results in bog standard HVSC, but on deepsid/chordian it will show many more such as HVSC/M/B/Beat_Machine/Xayne/JT_Remake.sid

^ that sid obviously does not have "Cybernoid" as part of its name so wont show up in out normal HVSC search, but DeepSid knows the tune has remix parts of the tune that are from Cybernoid and more so displays that as a search result as well.

that sid file mentioned above has tags showing
Code:
TITLE: Eliminator, Tune #1 (0:00)
TITLE: Load next level [from the C64 game Hawkeye] (0:30)
TITLE: Kinetix, Tune #1 (0:45)
TITLE: Cybernoid II, Tune #1 (1:46)
^ stuff liek that lets deepsid know that "Cybernoid" is, if not part of the filename is part of the song.
Not entirely on this topic, but had a fundamental misunderstanding of the HVSC documents, so had only added stuff that exists in their STIL.txt (where the tags you mention comes from), so only had like a third of the tunes. This is fixed, so now you get eight matches instead of five on "Cybernoid":
Code:
8.Ram Disk:> hvscsearch cybernoid 
# Filename                         Author(s)
0 11_Spacelab_Meets_Cybernoid.sid  Omoroca
1 Cybernoid_2.sid                  Kent Patfield
2 Cybernoid_2_The_Revenge_2SID.sid Proton
3 Vicious_SID_2-Cybernoid_2.sid    SounDemoN
4 Cybernoid_II.sid                 Jeroen Tel
5 Cybernoid.sid                    SounDemoN
6 Cybernoid.sid                    Jeroen Tel
7 Cybernoid.sid                    Oxygen Wizard
Completely on your topic - yes, I do already parse data from the HVSC STIL.txt database, but currently my use is limited to the SID tune authors. The ARTIST and TITLE tags in your example are what the SID tune covers and this could be added, but it will produce rather long result lines. Will do some experimenting.
Old 10 October 2022, 21:14   #177
DisasterIncarna

Old 10 October 2022, 22:41   #178
patrik

try the following command line to get an idea of the long lines and the number of matches:
uhcmirrorsearch hvscsearch2 NOPATHOUTPUT cybernoid
Old 10 October 2022, 22:56   #179
DisasterIncarna

yeah 32 results with, as you said, some loooooooong entries. it does show a more complete list however, and at least the resulting filenames arent massive, just the information returned, you going to use that or stick to the current way?
Old 25 November 2022, 00:35   #180
DisasterIncarna

A quick thought here, given that the output of all your commands is plain text, is there by chance any online services you know of which you might be able to use for a rough/forced translation of your text output?

I was just playing around with the idea and just used a quick online translator to see what would happen to your text output.

https://i.imgur.com/6jWfQcs.jpg

^ no idea if that translation ss even accurate or useable, but maybe theres some free translation backend somewhere for people to use that might be used/abused for UHC-Tools to force rough translations of your output?