English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 24 March 2009, 17:07   #161
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

Andreas would argue that it's not a hole, it's a short trench......
Old 24 March 2009, 17:34   #162
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

I'll tell you what AndreasM, if you persistently fail to grasp the message being put to you so very eloquently by others on here (i.e. being deliberately thick), I will make it my MISSION to setup a website hosted in Thailand that utterly ignores ANY and ALL requests from you with reference to material that may or may not be yours.

You see in Thailand, they don't give a fuck! So long as its not , ANYTHING goes.

I will host EVERY SINGLE FILE that you claim to have a copyright on for FREE for ANYONE to download WHENEVER they like and as many times as they like.

You hypocrisy is beyond reason.

You criticise and have files removed that you claim are your copyright, yet you have freely admitted to selling files that DO NOT BELONG TO YOU and the authors have EXPRESSLY FORBID you or anyone to sell. That SUPERCEEDS your 2 Euro argument, you are EMPHATICALLY breaking German law, and more than anything, you're pissing people off.

So, you've got a decision to make, and you need to make it quickly. If you persist in your destructive behaviour, I WILL HOST EVERYTHING you own for free and there will be nothing you can do about it.

Is that simple for you to grasp? I rather think it is, i'm betting right now i've bridged your little language barrier!
Old 24 March 2009, 17:37   #163
Sensi
Unregistered User

He he
Old 24 March 2009, 18:06   #164
Shoonay
Global Caturator

lol, looking forward Galahad!
Old 24 March 2009, 19:52   #165
mfletcher
Bawbag.

Too late, Andreas has already moved on to trolling other Amiga websites http://www.amiga.org/modules/newbb/v...49821&forum=21
Old 24 March 2009, 21:06   #166
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Hey, you sound like it was a bad thing
Old 24 March 2009, 21:11   #167
Sensi
Unregistered User

We know how ... great amiga.org is but noone deserves this "law in my country blah blah" kind of treatment.
Old 24 March 2009, 21:23   #168
DH
Global Moderator

F@#k me, what a load of dribble. If he thinks I'm gonna pay 2 Euros for something I *can* get for free legally 'cause it is *free* anyway, so long as I don't sell it to make profit like someone else here then I don't really know what his point is

Everything I write here is copyrighted to me, or so the law would suggest, so if any f@#cker steels anything I have said and uses it in there posts, then I'll take whoever it is to court for copyright theft.........I DON'T THINK!

Use your head AndreasM, *We DO*
Old 24 March 2009, 22:20   #169
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

AndreasM is too busy being a 'legend in his own mind' to hear any of us, mate.....

Where's that poll? I can't find it on here yet.......

Edit: Now that Andreas has admitted selling software illegally without the copyright holder's permission, is there a chance that one of his beloved sites may fall victim to the 'report to the ISP' scenario.....??

Not that I would even begin to suggest that anyone should do such a thing.......

*cough*

Last edited by Merlin; 24 March 2009 at 22:36.
Old 24 March 2009, 23:07   #170
seuden
uber cool demi god

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser View Post
Everything I write here is copyrighted to me, or so the law would suggest, so if any f@#cker steels anything I have said and uses it in there posts, then I'll take whoever it is to court for copyright theft.........I DON'T THINK!
Old 24 March 2009, 23:15   #171
DH
Global Moderator

Now that took far too long, 1hr 44mins
Old 25 March 2009, 00:29   #172
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Why are CNUTs welcomed here anyway? I've seen bans for nicer people
Old 25 March 2009, 00:32   #173
Eclipse
Turpentine

Hi,
I know quite a bit about copyright, dare you to try me.
I do have a question for you Andreas though. Are you the copyright holder on all the software you provide? If so how?
Copyright is fairly similar in most countries so no hiding behind a German law curtain.
Old 25 March 2009, 05:15   #174
paranoid
Phone Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Hi,
I know quite a bit about copyright, dare you to try me.
I do have a question for you Andreas though. Are you the copyright holder on all the software you provide? If so how?
Copyright is fairly similar in most countries so no hiding behind a German law curtain.
I was just linked this thread, and haven't read it, nor have the time to do so now, though I may later. Admittedly, that puts me at something of a disadvantage, but I saw "copyright is fairly similar" and I think it's more similar than one might think because of the Berne Convention. It does appear that Germany has signed it, whatever that may add to the conversation.

Also, in the US it is illegal to claim you have a copyright you don't actually have (it is an act of perjury). I'd be curious if the same is true in Germany. (Here is one article explaining the situation.)
Old 25 March 2009, 05:43   #175
Amiga1992

I got two things to say.

One: people holding copyrights that have work distributed by this person should start legal action against this man

TwO:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
I will host EVERY SINGLE FILE that you claim to have a copyright on for FREE for ANYONE to download WHENEVER they like and as many times as they like.
I offer the host, located conveniently in Argentina, quite a no man's land for this asshole's flakey legal bollocks.
Give me a list of all software this guy claims to hold the rights for and I'll host it for everyone to download for free.

Shit like this and people like this gives the 'community' a bad name, and taking advantage of those who just don't know better is a despicable trait.

I want to see you disappear.
Old 25 March 2009, 07:12   #176
Sensi
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
Why are CNUTs welcomed here anyway? I've seen bans for nicer people
Yes !

I think he believes in all the bulls4!t he has posted here.
Old 25 March 2009, 08:58   #177
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira
I offer the host, located conveniently in Argentina, quite a no man's land for this asshole's flakey legal bollocks.
Give me a list of all software this guy claims to hold the rights for and I'll host it for everyone to download for free.
Don't forget to PM me the links guys
Old 25 March 2009, 09:11   #178
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

PM the link?

Nah, post the link in this thread for all to see, including the self-proclaimed "saviour of the Amiga" propaganda moron.

@ AndreasM

You should remember that your deeds have brought this upon yourself.....what goes around, comes around....
Old 25 March 2009, 09:22   #179
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
PM the link?

Nah, post the link in this thread for all to see, including the self-proclaimed "saviour of the Amiga" propaganda moron.

@ AndreasM

You should remember that your deeds have brought this upon yourself.....what goes around, comes around....
And think you the User and EAB get nothing back from me?
Old 25 March 2009, 09:37   #180
Marcuz

as usual, EAB does not and will not link to sites illegally distributing currently sold software, that would be the case of anything hosted anywhere in the world.
i think neither Galahad nor Akira would put EAB in that spot anyway: if you get back this kind of attitude, AndreasM, you have only to blame your poor public relation ability.

so EAB will never lint to these files, in any form.
but i think it's the case that it would ban also linking to software sold by you