Old 25 March 2022, 08:49   #1661
kamelito
Zone Friend

I though that Gels was only for BOBs
Old 25 March 2022, 09:33   #1662
kamelito
Zone Friend

@Thor
The doc says …Simple Sprites must use hardware detection so nothing in the gfx lib to support the collision detection for them. See below.

« Detecting GEL Collision
All GELs, including VSprites, can participate in the software collision detection features of the graphics library. Simple Sprites must use hardware collision detection. See the Amiga Hardware Reference Manual for information about hardware collision detection.«
Old 25 March 2022, 09:35   #1663
Thomas Richter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamelito View Post
I though that Gels was only for BOBs
Nope. GELs supports BOBs and Vsprites. Yes, they do support collision.
Old 25 March 2022, 10:18   #1664
kamelito
Zone Friend

Sure but detection is not supported by the OS regarding « simple sprite » as posted above .
Old 27 March 2022, 11:06   #1665
Thomas Richter

No, but why do you need simple sprites then if VSprites can do the job?
Old 27 March 2022, 19:31   #1666
kamelito
Zone Friend

Because the HW permit it so why not expose it through the OS, it could be simpler to use for people needing only 8 sprites or less.
Old 28 March 2022, 09:15   #1667
Thomas Richter

VSPrites are hardware sprites. Just extended by copper lists. Many of them. VSPrites are much more powerful than simple sprites (thus the name). You can have a screen with 100s of VSprites, moving independently.
Old 28 March 2022, 13:28   #1668
kamelito
Zone Friend

I know but my comment still stand.
Old 20 July 2022, 18:26   #1669
mateusz_s

Hello,
It have been a while since the last post here.
Do you guys still work on improving AOS 3.2.?
Are you planning any future releases?
Old 21 July 2022, 01:10   #1670
Firestone

I'm trying to move over from CED to TextEdit these days because of syntax highlighting in shell-scripts and Arexx.

But I've noticed something annoying. I've made a few arexx-scripts containing escape-codes such as bold text, some ansi color codes and so on.

If I load this script into TextEdit and save it, it will strip them away on save.
Is this intended or a bug....?
The "[1m" will remain for example, but the character before will not be saved.
In CED I get that character by pressing the escape key, but this won't work in TextEdit.
There seems to be something similar by pressing ALT + ESC, but it does not work either. Maybe because it's not saved?
Old 21 July 2022, 07:15   #1671
Steady

@mateusz_s

Yes, work is still continuing on improving 3.2. It hasn't stopped. :-)
Old 21 July 2022, 11:19   #1672
daxb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
In CED I get that character by pressing the escape key, but this won't work in TextEdit.
As far as I know the used Texteditor have to support escape-sequence "entering". So I would avoid it. Instead I used this and had never a problem:
Code:
CSI = '9B'x        /* control sequence introducer */
color5 = CSI'35m'
color7 = CSI'37m'
Should work with all Texteditors.
Old 21 July 2022, 12:40   #1673
boemann
Camilla, AmigaOS Dev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
I'm trying to move over from CED to TextEdit these days because of syntax highlighting in shell-scripts and Arexx.

But I've noticed something annoying. I've made a few arexx-scripts containing escape-codes such as bold text, some ansi color codes and so on.

If I load this script into TextEdit and save it, it will strip them away on save.
Is this intended or a bug....?
There seems to be something similar by pressing ALT + ESC, but it does not work either. Maybe because it's not saved?
The texteditor.gadget behind textedit doesn't fully support control sequences. By that I mean they are detected on load and will likely show up as something resembling correct visual appearance, bold being bold etc. However this is where the support ends. This information is not updated correctly when you edit and is not saved.
This will naturally be implemented sometime in the future, but for now it is only useful if you use the gadget as a rich text viewer.

I would suggest you use daxb's advice. It is better for sharing the document with others anyway. And in my view also more clear as to hat it does
Old 21 July 2022, 20:14   #1674
Michael
A1260T/PPC/BV/SCSI/NET

Would not it be simpler to use " * e [ 3 2 m " ?
Old 24 July 2022, 01:22   #1675
Firestone

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxb View Post
As far as I know the used Texteditor have to support escape-sequence "entering". So I would avoid it. Instead I used this and had never a problem:
Code:
CSI = '9B'x        /* control sequence introducer */
color5 = CSI'35m'
color7 = CSI'37m'
Should work with all Texteditors.
Thanks a lot. All three of you. Worked like a charm!
Old 02 August 2022, 21:38   #1676
Romek

Quote:
Originally Posted by boemann View Post
If you have questions about a specific issue just ask and it is likely we will give you an answer.
Hello
I have a few questions, how is this possible in future 'Os 3.2' improvements please as far as you can (programmers).

1. New 'Anim GIF' datatype optimized for 68k processors (020,030 etc.), the last one I know is 1998 , and it can't handle everything !!

2. New 'Narrator Device', the last one remembers the times of 'Commodore' and was released for the 'os.2.xx' system

3. New graphics viewer based on external graphical libraries and, or datatypes and with graphical interface for easy operation. An example is given at the bottom.

Click image for larger version

Name:	grafik menu 3.png
Views:	94
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	76212

Name:	Menu grafik 3.png
Views:	99
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	76214

Name:	Grafik Menu 2.png
Views:	94
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	76213
Old 02 August 2022, 22:11   #1677
Thomas Richter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romek View Post
2. New 'Narrator Device', the last one remembers the times of 'Commodore' and was released for the 'os.2.xx' system
There's a problem with this one. The narrator.device was actually not CBM code, but was licensed from Joseph Katz and Mark Barton, for Kickstart 1.3. Today, Joseph runs "Softvoice" as company. Problem is that CBM never licensed the source code for it, and should have never released its update for Kick 2.0 because they did not have a valid license for modification. It was a binary license only. I spoke to Joseph during development of 3.1.4 and he was really surprised that CBM released updates to it as of 2.0.

Thus, in short, this will unlikely happen, unless somebody finds sufficient money to re-license the code from SoftVoice. Besides, without all the expertise from Joseph, it is hard to add new features to the narrator.device. The translator.library is simple enough to allow re-implementation, actually there is one on Aminet. Unfortunately, it only supports phonems of the English language.

It is actually the same company that released S.A.M. before for the 8-bit product.
Old 02 August 2022, 22:53   #1678
kamelito
Zone Friend

@Thor,
Did you get a response from SAS about SAS/C?
Old 03 August 2022, 12:40   #1679
Romek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Richter View Post
There's a problem with this one. The narrator.device was actually not CBM code, but was licensed from Joseph Katz and Mark Barton, for Kickstart 1.3. Today, Joseph runs "Softvoice" as company. Problem is that CBM never licensed the source code for it, and should have never released its update for Kick 2.0 because they did not have a valid license for modification. It was a binary license only. I spoke to Joseph during development of 3.1.4 and he was really surprised that CBM released updates to it as of 2.0.

Thus, in short, this will unlikely happen, unless somebody finds sufficient money to re-license the code from SoftVoice. Besides, without all the expertise from Joseph, it is hard to add new features to the narrator.device.
The translator.library is simple enough to allow re-implementation, actually there is one on Aminet. Unfortunately, it only supports phonems of the English language.
Thank you Thomas for explaining 1 of my problems to me. I can only hope that someday there will be a miracle and I will be happy the new version of 'Narrator Device' :smutny.
As for 'translator.library', I try to stay up to date and use 'Aminet' and other sources.
Old 03 August 2022, 13:13   #1680

When it comes to the 3.2.1 update is there updated roms in the archive orc do you have to create your own