Old 20 September 2012, 20:04   #1661
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

try the superplus driver it works fine
Old 20 September 2012, 21:34   #1662
Mr B

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_becas View Post
Cheers to all amigans and i hope you guys haren't pissed with me or is it too late?
I cant say for anyone else, but were cool. As i said, i'm able to take this whole issue pretty easily since i at least have been able to confirm that the darn thing works, it's just down to getting it to co-operate with the screen(s) i need it to work with.
Old 02 October 2012, 11:51   #1663
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Just to say that the vertical bars I was having while using HighGFX have totally disappeared since I've changed the mobo. I did all kind of timing fixes on my 2Bmb, but surely it remains some yet, surely this:

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...postcount=2065

And another thing. It isn't that using Superplus I didn't have the vertical bars. They were, but not showed. With the other mb if I would change from Superplus after a time to HighGFX, it was full of blinking vertical bars, just like if I were using it from the beginning.

Edit: I would like to try the ferrite beads, but I can't find them at Ebay. Surely they have another name or something. If someone can help... "0805 ferrite beads - something in the range of 60R@100MHz"

Last edited by Retrofan; 02 October 2012 at 12:02.
Old 02 October 2012, 14:30   #1664
kipper2k

Digikey or Farnells would be the best bet for ferrite beads

http://www.digikey.ca/product-search...ferrite%20bead
Old 06 October 2012, 21:53   #1665
Akiko

@Schoenfeld

I've got an SX-32 expansion board that currently doesn't recognize any Fast RAM, do you know if the new config tool will run okay with the standard 2MB of Chip RAM?
Old 09 October 2012, 17:03   #1666
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Sure - the tool itself is a few hundred k, and it reserves 1MByte of buffer memory for the flashrom. You'll need a bit more space on harddisk, because the tool loads different cores from a larger selection of cores from harddisk. If you only have floppy, we'll provide a "rescue disk image" as ADF that lets you bring the flickerfixer to a known state (standard settings, conservative enough to be compatible with most monitors).

This disk will just run if you boot from the disk, and no interaction is required. It's meant for a scenario where you've mis-configured the unit and don't see anything any more on your screen.

Jens
Old 09 October 2012, 20:56   #1667
chocolate_boy

Any estimate on when the tool will be relased Jens?

Yours patiently
Old 09 October 2012, 21:21   #1668
Schoenfeld
electricky.

next development session is planned for early next week. We're currently busy rolling out all the new products - there's not just Amiga, but also Chameleon (new Beta-8 core just released today) and Nequester, where we're in the last stages of FXS development.

Jens
Old 10 October 2012, 00:25   #1669
NovaCoder

Hiya Jens,

Glad to hear that progress is continuing on the config tool and cores. I know that you don't like to give estimates on when it will be ready but can you at least commit to a 2012 release?

Also will the first release include Graffiti support or just the standard screen modes?

Thanks

Last edited by NovaCoder; 10 October 2012 at 04:56.
Old 10 October 2012, 10:38   #1670
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
I know that you don't like to give estimates
Exactly.

Jens
Old 11 October 2012, 00:19   #1671
Vinamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Exactly.

Jens
There are lots of things that I don't like, but must do..
Old 12 October 2012, 20:53   #1672
diablothe2nd

agreed Vinamp. We all have to tolerate doing our fair share of stuff we dont like. By not giving us even an estimate I think is probably doing more harm than good. It appears to me that making money on other sales is more of a priority than supporting those that have already paid up.

I wasn't impressed by the announcement of the raise in prices, to effectively deter us from returning the card if we want to purchase later when we know it'll work. I also am not impressed by the extended period of time in getting the software from what was promised. granted, we have been given the option to return, but will have to pay more later when it does work. things have happened that are out of jens control, granted, but we've only had vague updates on the situation and then been informed that he has higher priorities. it's a bit of a slap in the face to be honest!

Last edited by prowler; 13 October 2012 at 12:51.
Old 12 October 2012, 23:40   #1673
Nipedley

At the end of the day, Jens said before the product was released that anyone who isn't happy to wait an undefined amount of time for the Config tool should wait until it is released before purchasing. I got in a pre-order because I didn't want to risk not getting the product, I'm still waiting but I knew that before I ordered and so did everyone else.

I have no doubt that Jens will honour any warranty issues that may be exacerbated by the long wait, he's given us no reason to doubt him.
Old 13 October 2012, 11:32   #1674
Schoenfeld
electricky.

I kindly request to delete the claim of 20% DOA rate. The total amount of returns is three so far. Two of them were people who have made a short with the ground cable. Short removed->unit back to working.

One unit has been exchanged due to a mechanical defect on the socket. I haven't been able to prove that it was a customer fault, so the exchange was free. We agreed on sharing the shipping cost.

With this number, which I am proud to share with you, you'd imply that only a total of 15 units has been sold. This is obviously wrong - plain badmouthing, just a few days before we are back on development of Indivision AGA MK2 (core and config tool).

I have now started efforts of finding out the street address of diablothe2nd to give him the chance to mention the source of his "information". After all, this is good enough to harm my business. I cannot tolerate anyone running around and spreading rumors about the quality of the products I provide.

Jens
Old 13 October 2012, 11:58   #1675
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I've had in the past to send two IC products por inspection/repair. Both were for my cause (shorts, wrong connection). I've never seen such a good service. I feel embarrasment to say that they didn't charge anything both times, although it isn't normal.

The problems I was having with my Indi got solved as soon as I changed the mobo, so now I can leave the Indi working with HighGFX for hours without any problem. Well, it's true that I'm using a fan and some copper coolers, but I put them when I was having the problems with the mobo.

Edit: I'm really sorry for Diablothe. I don't know what hapenned to him yesterday.

Last edited by Retrofan; 13 October 2012 at 12:06.
Old 13 October 2012, 13:07   #1676
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
I kindly request to delete the claim of 20% DOA rate. The total amount of returns is three so far. Two of them were people who have made a short with the ground cable. Short removed->unit back to working.

One unit has been exchanged due to a mechanical defect on the socket. I haven't been able to prove that it was a customer fault, so the exchange was free. We agreed on sharing the shipping cost.

With this number, which I am proud to share with you, you'd imply that only a total of 15 units has been sold. This is obviously wrong - plain badmouthing, just a few days before we are back on development of Indivision AGA MK2 (core and config tool).
Jens, I can confirm that, as requested, the disputed claim has been eradicated from the thread, along with the ensuing 'discussion'. The claim was not substantiated, so let us hope that no harm has been done.

And thankyou for quoting those figures in support of your rebuttal.

Quote:
I have now started efforts of finding out the street address of diablothe2nd to give him the chance to mention the source of his "information". After all, this is good enough to harm my business. I cannot tolerate anyone running around and spreading rumors about the quality of the products I provide.

Jens
Diablothe2nd has been permanently banned from these forums. Please keep to yourselves the details of any follow-up action you may take.
Old 13 October 2012, 13:40   #1677
Leffmann

Quote:
You have your pockets full of people's money, and all they have is effectively a piece of electronics junk. You raise your prices to make people refrain from returning said junk after they realize it may never work properly. Some of your hardware has flaws that require motherboards to be modified. Some have been reported to be unstable and prone to overheating.

One disgruntled customer asks for answers but gets none and is eventually moderated to bits after which you conveniently appear to ask an already excessively moderated thread to be further moderated in your favor while avoiding to answer any of the pressing questions, and then throw around threats about finding out where people live, but you can't tolerate that he questions the quality of your products and services? Wow.
Old 13 October 2012, 14:19   #1678
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Please delete this last post too. It's too offensive IMHO.
Old 13 October 2012, 14:30   #1679
roy bates

i have a question...

can anyone return there indi on the grounds the product is incomplete?
Old 13 October 2012, 14:38   #1680
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Please delete this last post too. It's too offensive IMHO.
That is for Jens to judge. The only posts I removed yesterday were either repeating what had already been alleged or were disrespectful to EAB moderation policy.