English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 05 January 2022, 08:10   #1601
Swe_Kryten2x4b

Quote:
Originally Posted by amipal View Post
I've done this, yet my mouse doesn't respond to scroll wheel movements.
Using an Amigakit optical mouse.
That mouse need a driver run from s:user-startup before the wheel works.
Old 05 January 2022, 13:44   #1602
droopy
Old Hippie user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami View Post
Why no love for standard non blinking block cursor?

Best would be user choice for blinking/non blinking cursors..Perhaps even the blink speed.
Old 05 January 2022, 17:01   #1603
amipal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swe_Kryten2x4b View Post
That mouse need a driver run from s:user-startup before the wheel works.
Thanks! Managed to grab the archive and install it - all good.
Still requires FreeWheel to get it working with MUI programs.
Old 05 January 2022, 18:01   #1604
klx300r

Quote:

that's great where can I download the driver?
Old 05 January 2022, 20:15   #1605
amipal

Quote:
Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
that's great where can I download the driver?
MX1000v1.0fw2.2.lha
Old 05 January 2022, 22:20   #1606
mateusz_s

For future development for considerations:

Once I ask about QUIT option from WB menu that doesnt do much, because its almost always blocked by running applications.

But I noticed that most of that applications are Commodities that run in backgound.
As we know we can send "kill/remove" message to commodity so it can remove itselves.
Like in the Exchange tool.

So I suggest that maybe it would be possible to send to all running Commodities that REMOVE message to shut them all. (There would be ofcourse problem with bad coded commodity).. But I think that way would "unblock" the WB so it could QUIT - but also it could solve the problem with changing ex. screen modes or intuition settings when the public screen is locked by Commodities also. In that case before closing them up we also need to save what is running and then start it again after saving intuition chnges..

just a thought...
Old 05 January 2022, 22:35   #1607
Swe_Kryten2x4b

Quote:
Really? Great as FreeWheel is, and it does have some features the built-in wheel support does not have, I haven't got it running but the wheel still works in MUI programs. Can't think of anything I've done to enable it. Unless it is NlistViews part of MUI that does it - there are at least some options regarding wheels there.

To be fair, I've only tried with IBrowse, Scout, and MovieMUI and works just fine there.
Old 06 January 2022, 05:15   #1608
klx300r

Question

Quote:
thanks! installed it but the only program that works with it for me is Netsurf and I have to click the scroll wheel mouse button and then scroll and it scrolls very slow too....tried the settings in FreeWheel but did'nt help out much
Old 06 January 2022, 23:37   #1609
boemann
Camilla, AmigaOS Dev.

A new 19 page long chapter about listbrowser.gadget have been added to the ROM Kernel Reference Manual: Changes & Additions

You can download it here:
https://www.retro-commodore.eu/rkrm-wip/
Old 06 January 2022, 23:48   #1610
boemann
Camilla, AmigaOS Dev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swe_Kryten2x4b View Post
Really? Great as FreeWheel is, and it does have some features the built-in wheel support does not have, I haven't got it running but the wheel still works in MUI programs. Can't think of anything I've done to enable it. Unless it is NlistViews part of MUI that does it - there are at least some options regarding wheels there.

To be fair, I've only tried with IBrowse, Scout, and MovieMUI and works just fine there.
The OS scrollwheel support specifically doens't work for MUI as MUI traditionally does so itself. (I think there is a special MUI program that takes care of it) Anyway we didn't want to risk interfering with that so we specifically leave MUI as it was before.

I guess one of you uses that MUI program and the other have somehow figured out to make freewheel take care of it. Do note that by having freewheel installed a lot of the goodies that can only be done by having scrollwheel handled by the Os wil not work. Essentially Freewheel is just doing what it has always done and is sort of starving the OS of wheelevents to do something with
Old 06 January 2022, 23:57   #1611
arcanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boemann View Post
A new 19 page long chapter about listbrowser.gadget have been added to the ROM Kernel Reference Manual: Changes & Additions

How did I not know about this!

I was just bumbling along with the ReAction example code.
Old 18 January 2022, 19:33   #1612
Ulysses13

My A1200 takes A LOT longer to boot since updating to 3.2.1. I guess this is to do with the ROM update and is expected? It is a lot slower, perhaps something has gone awry…

Is there anything I should do to speed it up?
Old 18 January 2022, 19:37   #1613
boemann
Camilla, AmigaOS Dev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses13 View Post
My A1200 takes A LOT longer to boot since updating to 3.2.1. I guess this is to do with the ROM update and is expected? It is a lot slower, perhaps something has gone awry…

If you don't have a 3.2.1 ROM then first boot after power on will be slower indeed, but after that it should be the same as before
Old 18 January 2022, 20:47   #1614
bubbob42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses13 View Post

A reboot is normal. Are you using a turbo board and if yes, which one?
Old 21 January 2022, 11:15   #1615
tomead
tomead

Just tried to upgrade my A600 from 3.1.4 to 3.2.1. I had a 3.1.4 rom installed. All working. Upgraded to 3.2 and didn't burn a new rom. System still booted. I burnt a kickstart 3.2.1 rom (47.102). This system still boots 3.2 from the cf card fine ready for the update. The issue I am having is with the new kickstart. If I disconnect the cf card and leave the floppy drive connected the system doesn't try to load system libraries from disk. Stuck on black screen. If I disconnect the floppy as well I still get a black screen. Am I supposed to get a red screen now when there are no boot devices. Seems kickstart is only looking to load system libraries from the cf card. So a clean install is impossible at the moment. Bug or by design ?

Last edited by tomead; 21 January 2022 at 11:35.
Old 21 January 2022, 11:58   #1616
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomead View Post
Just tried to upgrade my A600 from 3.1.4 to 3.2.1. I had a 3.1.4 rom installed. All working. Upgraded to 3.2 and didn't burn a new rom. System still booted. I burnt a kickstart 3.2.1 rom (47.102). This system still boots 3.2 from the cf card fine ready for the update. The issue I am having is with the new kickstart. If I disconnect the cf card and leave the floppy drive connected the system doesn't try to load system libraries from disk. Stuck on black screen. If I disconnect the floppy as well I still get a black screen. Am I supposed to get a red screen now when there are no boot devices. Seems kickstart is only looking to load system libraries from the cf card. So a clean install is impossible at the moment. Bug or by design ?
3.2.1 Roms are not needed for anything other than the A4000 to be honest, you gaining little or nothing upgrading the ROMS to 3.2.1, however when 3.2.2 is released then it maybe worth upgrading ROMS at that time :-)
Old 21 January 2022, 14:38   #1617
coldacid
WinUAE 4000/40, V4SA

Quote:

What are you using to produce the book? It'd be very helpful to have chapter and section marks in the PDF, but it looks like whatever process you're using doesn't generate them.
Old 21 January 2022, 19:17   #1618
bubbob42

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomead View Post
How long did you wait? You might have to wait for 30-60 seconds for the floppy animation to appear. Did you remove the CF card only or also the CF adapter?
Old 21 January 2022, 21:50   #1619
Jpor
Banned

Quote:
The OS scrollwheel support specifically doens't work for MUI as MUI traditionally does so itself. (I think there is a special MUI program that takes care of it) Anyway we didn't want to risk interfering with that so we specifically leave MUI as it was before.

I guess one of you uses that MUI program and the other have somehow figured out to make freewheel take care of it. Do note that by having freewheel installed a lot of the goodies that can only be done by having scrollwheel handled by the Os wil not work. Essentially Freewheel is just doing what it has always done and is sort of starving the OS of wheelevents to do something with
I take it you still need to use something like a Cocolino etc… as this will form the circuit to enable scroll wheel activity.
Old 22 January 2022, 11:47   #1620
tomead
tomead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbob42 View Post
How long did you wait? You might have to wait for 30-60 seconds for the floppy animation to appear. Did you remove the CF card only or also the CF adapter?

tried with and without the CF adaptor, and left the amiga for over 5 mins to see if the kickstart screen comes up. May just reflash the eprom with 3.2 if I cannot perform a clean install from disk.