English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 28 September 2014, 21:17   #141
MickJT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
No, it isn't going to work, I already explained in some other post. All "UAE" expansions only work if they are running under control of UAE m68k emulator.
I understand. I was hoping that uaegfx wasn't a "UAE expansion" in the same manner as the rest of them. Thanks for clarifying. Can you explain the difference that makes it require the UAE boot ROM (afaik) and UAE m68k emulator as opposed to the others like Picasso IV?

Edit: Self-note: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...gfx#post982777

Last edited by MickJT; 07 December 2014 at 20:51.
Old 28 September 2014, 22:48   #142
Ami_GFX

FxPaint is working well for me in beta 18. It froze loading in beta 17 and the first pre beta but works in both the last pre beta and beta 18. I tried it with all of them one after the other. I also have been using it in a real Amiga 4000. The hdf file I am using is an image of the disk in the A4000. The only difference is that I have a Cybervision 64 card in my A4000 and an emulated Picasso IV in the hdf file. In my A4000, the only problem I've ever had with FxPaint is when the ppc processor overheated. I've never had any real bugs in normal operation. When I read the pre beta fixed random hangs in OS4, I tried it with FxPaint because that is exactly what was happening.

VHI studio worked but wouldn't quit. That was very weird but it didn't stop anything else working and I could switch screens and use Workbench and other software. I've only recently started using this program because I finally have a comptible digitizer--a Vlab card. I'm not too concerned about this because this program is not very useful in emulation. I might try using one of the digital camera drivers that use the serial port some day but I have to dig out an old Olympus digital camera from storage for that.
Old 28 September 2014, 23:13   #143
AlfredOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaWu View Post
I think I go to the limits by using my "none" dual core (or higher) CPU and the Accelerator board SCSI.

AmigaOS 4.0
Accelerator board SCSI

After a while it show me the Kickstart screen. (see the attached screenshot)

2 questions:
1.) Can I use the same hard drive image which was installed by using the IDE controller or is a reinstallation necessary?
2.) Is the config ok? (JIT disabled, MMU disabled, CPU Idle disabled)

PS: The hard drive image with installed AmigaOS 4.0 is working with the IDE controller.
Perhaps you should add the boot partition's filesystem to the Rigid Disk Block (RDB).
See the section "Adding a file system into the Rigid Disk Block (RDB)":
http://blog.hyperion-entertainment.biz/?p=210

Old 29 September 2014, 04:44   #144
antiriad76

Quote:
Originally Posted by huepper View Post
No hangs for me, everything seems to be ok.
+1

No more hangs on OS4 Install on Beta 18.
Old 29 September 2014, 09:48   #145
Sergius

Hi Toni,

Quote:
Great. Thread-safety bugs are really fun.. so many different side-effects.

What does SND% info show at the bottom of window? (if fullscreen, enable on screen leds). Same in fullscreen and windowed? Only in OS4 or also in OS3.x?
SND: -36 during boot sourd of AmigaOS4.1
Not tested with OS3.x.

Quote:
(You do have at least dual core CPU?)
2 CPU Xeon X3460 @3.16Ghz (so 8 cores) 12G ram.

Quote:
More details needed: if you boot with cd/image inserted, it works? If you eject it, does it disappear correctly? Only insert does nothing? Same with IDE and SCSI CD?
Booting with CD inserted works for both SCSI and IDE.
Eject works for both.
Insert during emulation don't works for SCSI but worked 1 time on IDE mode. Don't know Why.

Old 29 September 2014, 12:24   #146
nikos.rizos

FXPaint 2.0 (no updates) works just fine for me in Beta 18
Old 29 September 2014, 12:46   #147
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergius View Post
Hi Toni,
SND: -36 during boot sourd of AmigaOS4.1
Not sure people may have noticed this. There is a mistake on the 4.1 disc, that launches the startup sound twice.
I commented it out in the startup-sequence and workbench startup.
I also removed the os4.1 boot logo from the kicklayout.
Now it boots in around 8 seconds.
Old 29 September 2014, 13:17   #148
zouzou

What does it mean when the HD "led" is going red?
not sure I saw it in b18, but that was the case with previous beta for sure.
Old 29 September 2014, 14:45   #149
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by zouzou View Post
Its writing?
Floppy led goes red when writing.
Old 29 September 2014, 15:51   #150
MickJT

I've also noticed the boot sound struggles more on b18 too if I have the "Stopped M68K CPU Idle" slider all the way to the right. I've not tried anything other than far-left and far-right.
Old 29 September 2014, 16:09   #151
ancalimon
Supernormal

Quote:

Does somebody knows why sound is crap using RTG and clear with AGA? Is this a CPU power problem?
?
I haven't been able to try the new beta yet because my psu blew up yesterday.

But with previous beta, ppc emulation was extremely fast (everything was much faster) (with no stuttering sound) only if I used DirectDraw instead of Direct3d (but Toni Wilen told me not to use use DirectDraw and the new beta doesn@t allow it anyway)
Old 29 September 2014, 17:07   #152
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Booting with CD inserted works for both SCSI and IDE.
Eject works for both.
Insert during emulation don't works for SCSI but worked 1 time on IDE mode. Don't know Why.
CD image eject and insert works fine here with accelerator SCSI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zouzou View Post
Writing. It has meant writing since ages ago.
Old 29 September 2014, 17:29   #153
huepper

Quote:
CD image eject and insert works fine here with accelerator SCSI.
Same here, it works.
Old 29 September 2014, 18:41   #154
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by huepper View Post
Same here, it works.
It doesnt work all the time, but I wouldn't see it as a bug.
I would see it as the emulator isnt catching your change. I find it best to remove, then click ok, then f1 and insert another image. This way it works every single time.
Old 29 September 2014, 20:30   #155
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
It doesnt work all the time, but I wouldn't see it as a bug.
I would see it as the emulator isnt catching your change. I find it best to remove, then click ok, then f1 and insert another image. This way it works every single time.
That explanation makes no sense because when SCSI CD is ejected, SCSI device returns no media status until it is acknowledged by the scsi driver and there is no way for emulation to not "catch it", just check the log to confirm it..
Old 29 September 2014, 22:09   #156
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
That explanation makes no sense because when SCSI CD is ejected, SCSI device returns no media status until it is acknowledged by the scsi driver and there is no way for emulation to not "catch it", just check the log to confirm it..
What I ment is it does sometimes, doesn't see the change, if I change image files.
I have to eject, go back to emu and then back to menu insert and back to emu. If thats makes sense.

I will try to log it when I get chance as this happens with IDE too.
I as I said, its minor and doesn't bother me. So I never really thought about it.
Old 01 October 2014, 16:47   #157
zouzou

I've reinstalled OS4 with the new beta 18 of Winuae.

Here are some comments:

- If I do alt+tab (I was doing a tutorial), whole time, OS4 just freezes completely (no swap memory and so on, just a PPC a 060 and 128Mb on ppc board). WinUAE isn't frozen, because the integrated CPU counter is still showing activity. OS4 is now up to date (update 6), and this still occurs.
- Each time OS4 asks me to reboot (end of OS4 install, and after each update 3,4,5,6), I run into a green window after the reset (not the classic pink one), and nothing happens. Bringing winuae with alt+f12 and use "restart" bring a message error telling me that previous use of WinUAE had badly terminated
- Once OS4 is launched, I can insert an ISO image (to SCSI unit 1) and it show up, it's ok. But if I do a restart, it may be that the CD is not there anymore (it seems something is broken sometime winuae show the CD iso file, but it isn't seen by OS4 after reboot, smetime no issue)
- Sound seems a bit truncated, anyway, I do not use sounds usualy on any machine, so I haven't done a lot there.

Sorry, no dump because WinUAE doesn't crash

Last edited by zouzou; 01 October 2014 at 17:23.
Old 01 October 2014, 18:52   #158
antiriad76

Another "cosmetic" feature that is currently missing is that my Logitech G19 Keyboard LCD doesn't show any status for the PPC Core but only for the 68k, CD, HDD, Power, DFs etc. I assume the Logitech LCD SDK needs to be updated.

Does anyone have an explanation of what the items in the Status bar on the bottom Right of the emulator screen mean. I sometimes get a (-) number in Sound and the CPU Speeds show 2 # one in [] in one regular?
Old 07 October 2014, 14:08   #159
zouzou

I just have updated with WinUAE beta 19.

I am still having issues with random freezes of OS4 while working in WinUAE with OS4 last update, although Toni Said there won't be now bug fixes, I'm trying to find a workaround to my issues.

I am for example writing some code, (whatever is the code editor), after 15 minutes (more or less, it depends), OS4 stops responding, and WinUAE still updates usages (CPU for example).

* I have a SWAP partition active. If I do remove the SWAP partition the freezes are the same.
* I then pulled the 68k idle slider to left, with or without SWAP the freezes are coming also in the same maner.
* No full screen mode (I always work in window mode).
* I haven't been able to work a full hour without those freezes so far. even with beta19.
* no JIT of some sort, nowhere...

In the first few weeks, I thought that this issue was due to constant alt+tab between WinUAE and Windows, unfortunately, intensive works just shows that it freezes after some minutes of use, not due to constant alt+tab between Windows tasks.
Until then, I haven't 'frozen' the system while writing data to disk (I am in the obligation to constantly save what I do due to those freezes).

Does someone experiment the same issues than me or am I the only one having those kind of issues?
Old 08 October 2014, 00:57   #160
mritter0

@zouzou

I have the same problem, too. F12 and OK back to OS4.1 works for me. But yes, gets old quick.