English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 28 December 2018, 23:40   #141
kikems

@Dani your real problem now is with CocoBanana team not with me. If you want get started on how wrong you can talk about me or my contribution to Amiga community, you can start a new thread sure.
Really I'm not know you or anyone here , until now you use your first 8 post to try to save your face in this matter.
Old 28 December 2018, 23:40   #142
mcgeezer

You don't have to look too far back to realise the the guy (Amiten/Johnny) has a track record of unscrupulous behavior.

Look no further than the thread earlier this year where it pretty obvious he tried to hold the community to ransom for shutting down his youtube stream.

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...ht=save+amiten

I tried to make him see sense on Facebook messenger about him posting a private message publicly and he just wouldn't have it.

Then he goes and pulls the game citing Damien and the EAB as the reason but gets caught out because here we are discussing the copyright side of things.

He's been found wanting and a clear scammer, plain and simple.... I doubt many devs will work with him EVER...

In addition, he has some affiliation to the Amitopia website (take a look at the banner), that site up until I raised it with an admin there was hosting malware/adware.

He certainly won't get any of my time soon - that's for sure.

Sorry mods if this is too much, but the guy is a knob head.
Old 28 December 2018, 23:49   #143
Dani Hermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikems View Post
@Dani your real problem now is with CocoBanana team not with me. If you want get started on how wrong you can talk about me or my contribution to Amiga community, you can start a new thread sure.
Really I'm not know you or anyone here , until now you use your first 8 post to try to save your face in this matter.
As expected. I'm done. Discuss whatever you want without me. It's none of my business anymore.
Old 28 December 2018, 23:59   #144
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

This thread is turning into a "Dallas" like serie.
J.R., Bobby and so on .
Think I will also order a popcorn
Old 29 December 2018, 00:01   #145
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
This thread is turning into a "Dallas" like serie.
J.R., Bobby and so on .
I know, it's fucking great isn't it.
Old 29 December 2018, 00:04   #146
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
I'm already munching on mine; might need a restock though as I'm running low
Old 29 December 2018, 00:04   #147
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Just to say in the first place merry Christmas to everyone and a happy new year

For what I've read I see that Amiten coded a game in Amos with some mates, using after searching for free graphics to download on the web some graphics that he later adapted a bit and that he Always told about that from the very beginning and in every single video that he makes.

I've also read that he wanted it to be released for free but after thinking in the months of time to make it (and more), some partners asked him to ask for a cuote. I find that correct at this point.

So after these long months and with the game finally released it seems that the graphics that he used that seemed to be for free use, they were in fact ripped from a Capcom game as some guy is telling now, and that's true.

So, my opinion is that if that information about the graphics could had been told before... we all could be happy now and have a merry Christmas and a new Wonderful Amiga Game.
Old 29 December 2018, 00:04   #148
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Ok guys, you asked for it!

[ Show youtube player ]

Old 29 December 2018, 00:15   #149
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
So, my opinion is that if that information about the graphics could had been told before... we all could be happy now and have a merry Christmas and a new Wonderful Amiga Game.
Errrr... not really.

You can't really go around stealing arcade graphics and selling it on for profit.
Old 29 December 2018, 00:15   #150
kikems

Quote:
Just to say in the first place merry Christmas to everyone and a happy new year

For what I've read I see that Amiten coded a game in Amos with some mates, using after searching for free graphics to download on the web some graphics that he later adapted a bit and that he Always told about that from the very beginning and in every single video that he makes.

I've also read that he wanted it to be released for free but after thinking in the months of time to make it (and more), some partners asked him to ask for a cuote. I find that correct at this point.

So after these long months and with the game finally released it seems that the graphics that he used that seemed to be for free use, they were in fact ripped from a Capcom game as some guy is telling now, and that's true.

Yes, well, now it's not the fault of who steals the graphics, it's mine that I report it late.

I think that all friends and members of CocoBanana team are playing a practical joke on us.
Old 29 December 2018, 00:19   #151
Dani Hermans

Quote:
I think that all friends and members of CocoBanana team are playing a practical joke on us.
And here's a clear example of manipulation. Now suddently ALL members are playing a practical joke. How similar to what I said before about the sheep mentality and making a team responsible for the mistakes of the management. Curious. Very curious.

Edit: Wow wait. I didn't even notice. All the friends of the project too. How about our families? And our pets?

Edit 2: It must be because the idea is so ridiculous but it seems to me now you were refering to all our friends in general? That's pushing a new limit. It touches the boundaries of paranoia. But amiten used to say you and some of your channel's followers do that. I always thought he was paranoid but if you mention it now it somehow rings a bell. It's just too similar.

Last edited by Dani Hermans; 29 December 2018 at 00:30.
Old 29 December 2018, 00:22   #152
Amigajay

Quote:
Yes, well, now it's not the fault of who steals the graphics, it's mine that I report it late.
Yes, i’m glad you have seen sense and admit the reporter is too blame 100% in this matter, i have sent your name to Capcom HQ in Taiwan and expect to hear back in the next 80-90 years, just before the copyright runs out!
Old 29 December 2018, 00:23   #153
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
Errrr... not really.
You can't really go around stealing arcade graphics and selling it on for profit.
Sorry, but nope, errrr... not really. That's not the point, you are saying that his plan was to steal arcade graphics instead of making a new game that they knew would take them months, but that's not what they say and they also tell about where did they find the graphics to download as if they were for free use and they tell about that in every single video from the very beginning, long months ago.

Is it a coincidence that those graphics exist on the web for free use although they aren't in fact?

So, it's you and whatever other that wants to tell about their intention without proving it.

Edit: Can't you just believe that he just searched for free graphics, he found them and he used them?

Last edited by Retrofan; 29 December 2018 at 00:40.
Old 29 December 2018, 00:27   #154
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
Ok guys, you asked for it!

[ Show youtube player ]

For me the best popcorn is only from SEGA arcade hit Pengo:

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 29 December 2018, 00:33   #155
kikems

Quote:

So, it's you and whatever other that wants to tell about their intention without proving it.

Edit: Can't you just believe that he just searched for free graphics, he found them and he used them?
Merry Christmas too, I think you're enjoying your hollidays on another planet.
Old 29 December 2018, 00:42   #156
mcgeezer

Quote:
Sorry, but nope, errrr... not really. That's not the point, you are saying that his plan was to steal arcade graphics, but that's not what they say and they also tell about where did they find the graphics to download as if they were for free use.

Is it a coincidence that those graphics exist on the web for free use although they aren't in fact?

I don't give a fuck what they or you say - they stole the graphics. Now that's all well and good (even I steal graphics from games)... but I don't then go around selling them for a profit.

For all I know they might have a license to sell the sprites commercially, but I doubt it.
Old 29 December 2018, 00:46   #157
tolkien
AmigaMan

Quote:

If he downloaded the graphics from spritedatabase as it seems they put this at the bottom.

"All game characters, graphics, sounds, and other materials are property of their original creators and copyright holders, and are provided here for private or non-commercial use."
Old 29 December 2018, 00:50   #158
Dani Hermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
I don't give a fuck what they or you say - they stole the graphics. Now that's all well and good (even I steal graphics from games)... but I don't then go around selling them for a profit.

For all I know they might have a license to sell the sprites commercially, but I doubt it.
I don't give a fuck about many things either but as soon as you say "they" you're including me. If you want to go that route how about this? from this moment on my music in cocobanana, the mods themselves, are public domain. Go make whatever you want with them. Just don't anyone count me in for anything amiga related anymore. If that's how people think of me even after doing it for free and not accepting any money from the donations either, I guess there's nothing for me to do here. Don't tell me I didn't try. Goodnight.

Just to be clear. I didn't sign any contract or agreement. I can do with the music whatever I want.
Old 29 December 2018, 00:54   #159
nobody

I am thinking to start a YouTube channel with copyrighted music i will state in the video" provided here for private or non-commercial use". Educational use. I think the copyright holders wouldn't mind because I am a nice guy
Old 29 December 2018, 01:02   #160
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yes, of course that's what happens. I've seen these kind of threads many times destroying some projects, but I've never seen anyone feeling culprit about throwing the first stone.

I'm very sorry, Dani Hermans

I only can say many thanks for your hard work Dani, maybe it will be appreciated who knows how.