English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.TOSEC (amiga only)

Old 04 October 2013, 23:50   #1381
mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
You can see the error when playing the game. But in order to make you not loose your your time, i have actually fully extracted all the files from the original and the disk images.

and there, i have compared all the files sizes, and the CRCs. Just to find that the disk 4 is used to store the outros for ECS and AGA versions. (3 Files for each versions).

On disk 2 (file 079) and 3 (file 081), the very last file is truncated (size is 168kb uncrunched, and 25kb crunched). On disk 2 you see clearly that if you try to decrunch the file, you only get a 374 bytes file, when the original disk 2 is also 168kb uncrunched, but 26kb.

There is 1kb of data missing, explaining why it crash during the game. And you have the same on disk 3 with the very last file too.

If i remember clearly from memory (i had the paradox crack in 1994), the game fucks on the science zone 2 (GFX corruption). And there is from the info file of the delight release a note saying that the game will also crash on the main tower higher levels.

maybe the big archives of each tower assault disks can work patched, but only when installed from hard drive.

But anyway, the game must be flagged as [b]
you are right, [b]ad flag added.
Old 05 October 2013, 13:41   #1382
rygar

I don't remember which version i had but i was able to beat whole game. To do it you have to choose proper path (when you enter wrong level game freezd) so [b] flag isn't very good idea.
Old 05 October 2013, 14:19   #1383
mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by rygar View Post
I don't remember which version i had but i was able to beat whole game. To do it you have to choose proper path (when you enter wrong level game freezd) so [b] flag isn't very good idea.
[b] flag is suitable, because they failed to crack the game properly.

@Crashdisk:
please add
Quote:
Unsensible Soccer v1.1 (1993)(Sensible Software)[h][Amiga Action #42]
A402B514
to Coverdisks.

How to remame this sets properly:
Quote:
Utopia - The Creation of a Nation (1991)(Gremlin)(M4)(Disk 1 of 2)(Game Disk)[cr SR][b]
3AE31F35
Utopia - The Creation of a Nation (1991)(Gremlin)(M4)(Disk 2 of 2)(Scenario Disk)[cr SR][b]
03D9C7F8
Obviously this disks are not [b]ad.
Well known flashing screen, you have to insert the other disk to progress.
Furthermore Disk 1 seems to be the (Scenario Disk)!

please move
Quote:
Vampire's Empire (1988)(Magic Bytes)[cr Defjam]
065C1CBF
to Games/Compilations

Last edited by mai; 05 October 2013 at 22:52.
Old 05 October 2013, 22:53   #1384
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
The only good and 100% release is the DELIGHT crack for Tower assault.
There is only one thing to correct (MAI tell me please : When TA is installed on a hard drive, the executables ECS and AGA request to insert key disk 1 (It checks for RNPDOS).

I can since i know how to crack this properly, and i have the =SB= packer, so i can remove in the DLT version the disk check and then recompress the executables and insert them back in the adf.

If you want me to do it, i'll do it
Old 05 October 2013, 22:56   #1385
mai

Quote:
The only good and 100% release is the DELIGHT crack for Tower assault.
There is only one thing to correct (MAI tell me please : When TA is installed on a hard drive, the executables ECS and AGA request to insert key disk 1 (It checks for RNPDOS).

I can since i know how to crack this properly, and i have the =SB= packer, so i can remove in the DLT version the disk check and then recompress the executables and insert them back in the adf.

If you want me to do it, i'll do it
They released fix to correct this issue.

Quote:
DLT-TAFI.DMS P 45618 12-19-94 Tower Assault FINAL Install disk 100%
Old 05 October 2013, 23:16   #1386
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

So is the 99% one labelled as Bad?
Old 05 October 2013, 23:41   #1387
mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
So is the 99% one labelled as Bad?
no.
Old 05 October 2013, 23:52   #1388
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Hmmm well as long as one with the fix gets into TOSEC DAT ;-)
Old 06 October 2013, 01:49   #1389
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

EDIT 2 : Once again it's bad !!! I have checked carefully also the DLT release, and it has the same problem as the paradox release !!! They fucked up too on the AGA 'AB' file it's IMP! crunched and the file is truncated, giving an error when you try to decrunch the file!

I have even tried to install the game, all the 3 disks image copy to hard drive, and once the 'AB' AGA file must be decrunched to be then copied in the last operation, the amiga freeze, so it confirms what i have discovered the first time

On the very latest winuae beta, on a normal A500 config, once you click LMB to load the game, on track 00, the game stops, and a little moment after, it crash and guru.....

As such, the game can only run on OCS-ECS version from hard drive, it's doesn't work from floppy on a A500 config, and the AGA version fails due to the corrupted 'AB' AGA file on the disk.....

And the guys came and said, owww, come on, we did it *100%* ! it's untrue

So unfortunately for us, flag the DLT release as [b].....

Last edited by dlfrsilver; 06 October 2013 at 04:15.
Old 06 October 2013, 11:43   #1390
mai

Quote:
EDIT 2 : Once again it's bad !!! I have checked carefully also the DLT release, and it has the same problem as the paradox release !!! They fucked up too on the AGA 'AB' file it's IMP! crunched and the file is truncated, giving an error when you try to decrunch the file!
At least here you were not carefully enough.
Have you ever loaded up DLT cracked version of Tower Assault in AGA mode, to see what happens.
Obviously they have splitted AGA exe in two parts, one part on Disk 1 and another on Disk 4, thats why you get the flashing screen.

Quote:

On the very latest winuae beta, on a normal A500 config, once you click LMB to load the game, on track 00, the game stops, and a little moment after, it crash and guru.....

As such, the game can only run on OCS-ECS version from hard drive, it's doesn't work from floppy on a A500 config, and the AGA version fails due to the corrupted 'AB' AGA file on the disk.....
and wrong again:
Have you tried to load up IPF TA v1.0, its the same behaviour.
It seems they had first version only for their crack, so its not crack related.

now its your turn to proof me wrong.

Last edited by mai; 06 October 2013 at 12:03.
Old 06 October 2013, 12:01   #1391
thevoice

i just played around with both the pdx and dlt release of tower assault.

the pdx version won't start on a 1mb a500 config. fs-uae and real a500 tested.
i also can confirm the gfx fails and a crash at sector 32 (just select it with the starting sector on the +56 trained version).
if you boot the game with an 1200 config it works beside the above mentioned breakages.

the dlt version also wont start on a 1mb a500 config.
while starting it on an a1200 it starts. couldnt test each zone from lack of a proper trainer. as the +3 trainer from the dlt version dont work at all (also it lacks a lvl select/skip anyway).
Old 06 October 2013, 14:07   #1392
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
At least here you were not carefully enough.
Have you ever loaded up DLT cracked version of Tower Assault in AGA mode, to see what happens.
I did it. It doesn't load on DLT release because the AGA executable is corrupted. Just rip the files from DLT disk 1, you find 10 files. last one is the AGA one, and it's truncated (hence the failing).

Quote:
Obviously they have splitted AGA exe in two parts, one part on Disk 1 and another on Disk 4, thats why you get the flashing screen.
When installing on hard drive, the AGA executable can't be decompressed.
as such, the installation freeze the emulated amiga, and you have finally all the 3 disks on your hard drive with no AB AGA launcher for the game.

Quote:
and wrong again: Have you tried to load up IPF TA v1.0, its the same behaviour. It seems they had first version only for their crack, so its not crack related.
Yes this was the first release i own in original. both ECS and AGA release works great.

Quote:
now its your turn to proof me wrong.
look above
Old 06 October 2013, 14:44   #1393
mai

Quote:
I did it. It doesn't load on DLT release because the AGA executable is corrupted. Just rip the files from DLT disk 1, you find 10 files. last one is the AGA one, and it's truncated (hence the failing).
Again, have you tried to run fom floppy in AGA mode, for me it works, for
"thevoice" too.
AGA exe on DLT version is 279220 kb in length.
Quote:
When installing on hard drive, the AGA executable can't be decompressed.
as such, the installation freeze the emulated amiga, and you have finally all the 3 disks on your hard drive with no AB AGA launcher for the game.
Indeed, there is something wrong with the HD-Install, i have to check it closer.
Old 06 October 2013, 14:48   #1394
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
Again, have you tried to run fom floppy in AGA mode, for me it works, for
"thevoice" too.

Indeed, there is someting wrong with the HD-Install, i have to check it closer.
There is something wrong with the install, since the AGA release is fucked up.

i write the DLT-XX.DMS files on real disk, ready to test on my A1200.
Old 06 October 2013, 16:06   #1395
mai

I have even no idea, how the game installs to HD.
Tried IPF, ADF, WinUAE and real machine, nothing happens, install fails.

...ok IPF works.

Last edited by mai; 06 October 2013 at 16:38.
Old 06 October 2013, 16:24   #1396
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

To install on a hard drive, you insert disk 2. From there, the game requires a blank disk to write on it the hd install program.

Then, you choose an A1200 config under winuae, and you tick 'limit the size of the hd to 1mb' or else the installer will fails to acknowledge the hard disk partition you want to use.

Under the workbench, launch the TAinstaller. It will then ask you to insert disk 1, disk 4, disk 2, disk 4, disk 3, disk 4, and then it will be stuck.
Old 06 October 2013, 16:55   #1397
mai

Quote:
To install on a hard drive, you insert disk 2. From there, the game requires a blank disk to write on it the hd install program.

Then, you choose an A1200 config under winuae, and you tick 'limit the size of the hd to 1mb' or else the installer will fails to acknowledge the hard disk partition you want to use.

Under the workbench, launch the TAinstaller. It will then ask you to insert disk 1, disk 4, disk 2, disk 4, disk 3, disk 4, and then it will be stuck.
still speaking about "DLT" version?
Old 06 October 2013, 17:11   #1398
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Yes dlt version works like this, original version works straight like disk 1,2,3.

Ok, i have tested the DLT release on my real A1200.

On disk, the AGA release work. but the installation on hard drive fails when decompressing and copying the AB file in the game installation folder....
Old 06 October 2013, 17:24   #1399
mai

Quote:
Yes dlt version works like this, original version works straight like disk 1,2,3.

Ok, i have tested the DLT release on my real A1200.

On disk, the AGA release work. but the installation on hard drive fails when decompressing and copying the AB file in the game installation folder....
Ok, managed to install the game from the DLT version, but its a real mess, GURU at the end of installation, maybe because of splitted AGA exe.
Have copied the executable by hand then, it works, but you still have to insert Disk 1 at the beginning.lazy crackers

probably i should mark disk 2 as [b hd-install]
So finally it works from floppy OCS(partially, but not crack related), ECS and AGA, but HD-install fails, right?

Last edited by mai; 06 October 2013 at 17:59.
Old 06 October 2013, 18:08   #1400
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Back MAI, i have used their 100% install disk. It fails too !

i can do something for you can you tell me the offset of the AGA exec ? I will then patch the 'insert disk 1' copy protection, then recompress and cut the file and insert it back on the ADF.

PS : since the installer can't actually read correctly the AGA executable since it's cutted, i propose to put the AB AGA engine file on the install disk.

what do you think of it ?

This way you'll be able to mark it as working.

Delight release :

- load from floppy for the AGA release

- fails to install the AGA release on hard drive

- fails on loading the OCS-ECS release on A500 1mb (the loader is at fault here, something is not compatible with A500-600).

- install correctly the OCS-ECS release when the original installer is used.