English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 08 June 2012, 00:49   #1381
DonAmiga

maybe he just needs some time to write up a how to and shot a video guide
Old 08 June 2012, 01:20   #1382
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Off topic, but I want to comment it. I think a 3D sticker of Individual Computers would have a high demand. I would like to have one on my miggy and add so many things they have for sale as possible. Surely the sellers would be pleased to have them in stock .

Last edited by Retrofan; 08 June 2012 at 01:35.
Old 08 June 2012, 01:43   #1383
amigarlz

Yes, is one of the most needed things... im just ironic
Old 08 June 2012, 01:51   #1384
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigarlz View Post
Yes, is one of the most needed things... im just ironic
They don't need to "make it", just "order it". They don't lose a minute with that. ... Do you want it or not?
Old 08 June 2012, 02:02   #1385
amigarlz

@retrofan

I dont want or need one... but these things about stickers must be included on the packages for free, not sell overpriced things.

@gibs

As said before, a explanation of your fix is welcome.
Old 08 June 2012, 03:52   #1386
magnetic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
If two CRT monitors are standing next to each other and they operate at different frequencies, then the magnetic field of one monitor influences the picture of the other monitor. You are not seeing a problem of the flickerfixer, but you are seeing a common problem with the old tubes. If you want to play a little, just take a magnet and move it close to the picture of your CRT and enjoy the colours ;-)

Flat screens are by far more immune against magnetic fields.

Jens
I would have to concur with Jens on this assesment. Those crts, especially the big ones, have very strong fields. Also grounding problems on the circuit if they are both connected to the same can make the wobblies too.
Old 08 June 2012, 03:54   #1387
magnetic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibs View Post
For example, I forgot to shut down the Amiga for 9 hours and after all that time runing at 1024x768 128 colours I didn't had a single glitche.
I ran my Amiga overnight last night into today so almost 28hnrs in the HighGFX mode laced @ 16 colors doing some copying and other operations and not one glitch. No cooling or heatsinks. Board is 1d4 and the pic is in the thread.
Old 08 June 2012, 04:15   #1388
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

So 1D4 have no problems. What about the rest? Edit: Well, I know, not all the editions are the same. Why do @golem and I have that problem? I think the black screen depends on the accelerator, but the other problem ¿? I'll tell a thing: I was having that issue, I taked apart the Dvd (more airflow) to record a video....and the problem disappeared. Golem talked about opening the case made it working nice. Are our Lisas tired? I think that if someone can try an ACA1230/56 and an Indi MKII, that's the developer, and he's got some mb revisions to try it.

Last edited by Retrofan; 08 June 2012 at 04:38.
Old 08 June 2012, 04:21   #1389
bbond007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
So 1D4 have no problems. What about the rest?
1d4, no problems.
Old 08 June 2012, 05:54   #1390
NovaCoder

As has already been discussed above, there's no such thing as a specific 'ID4' motherboard version, it's just whatever bits Commodore decided to put together on a given day of the week.
Old 08 June 2012, 07:08   #1391
magnetic
Banned

Yeah Jens stated this in the very thread that the revision may not matter. But, it seems that some boards may be better than others by default however.
Old 08 June 2012, 08:02   #1392
Granada

Hi melbourneben!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbourneben! View Post
@Granada, have you ever made any timing fixes to your 1D4 board?
It was on my mind to state the following, but while writing I forgot about it ... I've never touched anything inside this A1200. It is in its original status as it fell off Commodore's production line 20 years ago.

It wasn't even lying around for as long as maybe other Amigas which might have conserved its state. I got this A1200 in around 1996 in used condition, it was in service as an ISDN-router until about 1999. For about a year at the beginning of the current century it served as a fairly unknown but yet officially listed Aminet mirror driven by some weird self-written ARexx-scripts for synchronizing with the main mirror and Amiga-Apache. In the following years it was lying around a bit, but kept being used from time to time. The Indy Mk2 led it to a new horizon and I currently use it on a quite regular basis.

But the board itself is still untouched..

Regards
Ruediger

Old 08 June 2012, 10:56   #1393
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Funny that Gibs is still insulted, although I have made clear that the term "solder junkie" is not a bad thing and actually includes myself. Some people just *want* to be mad at someone, and in this case, it has hit me. Oh well, I know I'm not everybody's darling, and I don't try to be.

Anyway, there is an OS3.9 setting in Prefs->Workbench where you can choose backdrop graphics to be placed in other mem than chipmem. This should be switched off. Has fixed some screen garbage for others, too.

Maybe Gibs is too aftraid to admit that the hardware was not at fault and it was actually just some setting that he corrected? Anyway, memory type for pictures should be chipmem (graphics mem), not "other mem". That setting is only good for systems that use a gfx card.

Jens
Old 08 June 2012, 11:52   #1394
roy bates

wouldent setting the backdrop to chip on os 3.9 take a large amount of chipram if using large screenmodes.

3.9 is already a hog on resources as it is.

Last edited by roy bates; 08 June 2012 at 12:01.
Old 08 June 2012, 12:00   #1395
golem

For me Fblit and the OS3.9 "Other memory" feature are incompatible, such that in order to run Fblit without gfx corruption I needed to put the icons back in chip mem (and let Fblit manage it).
I have not played around with the permutations since getting Indivision but will try tonight.
Old 08 June 2012, 12:07   #1396
roy bates

Quote:
Originally Posted by golem View Post
For me Fblit and the OS3.9 "Other memory" feature are incompatible, such that in order to run Fblit without gfx corruption I needed to put the icons back in chip mem (and let Fblit manage it).
I have not played around with the permutations since getting Indivision but will try tonight.

yes ive found this to true,i dont use it anymore.

ive found fblit on mine causes corruption on screen when opening and closing windows,even with a gfx card.(even without any sort of scandoubler or flickerfixer let alone an indi)
Old 08 June 2012, 12:16   #1397
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Ups. I was wrong about opening the pics with HigGFX and the problem with graphics memory. The thing is that in CWBAdvSp I was using Superplus, and I opened the pics, but in the other Cf Hd I tried HighGfx, but when I tried to opened them I coudn't (a message "unable to open your tool visage"), so I used Multiview, but it was looking in 16 colors, so I changed the screenmode to 256 and tried it again, so I got that "not enough graphic memory" problem. I forgot I had changed to 256 colors, so it isn't a problem of HighGfx. Sorry-.

I must see that message about visage, but that's another problem. Edit: Visage installed and working with HighGfx showing the pics.

Edit: The black sreen when moving icons is from the beginning using HigGfx. Must try what Jens says.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Anyway, there is an OS3.9 setting in Prefs->Workbench where you can choose backdrop graphics to be placed in other mem than chipmem. This should be switched off. Has fixed some screen garbage for others, too.
...Anyway, memory type for pictures should be chipmem (graphics mem), not "other mem". That setting is only good for systems that use a gfx card.
Jens

Last edited by Retrofan; 08 June 2012 at 12:44.
Old 08 June 2012, 12:40   #1398
NovaCoder

WBCtrl - Allows you to copy your icons to FASTRAM (used in conjunction with WorkBench Perfs, Icons to FASTRAM setting).

a url
Old 08 June 2012, 12:51   #1399
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I'll try that, as changing to graphics memory or other memory has no effect for the black screen when moving icons with HighGfx.

Edit: I was already using it C:WBCtrl IMT=ICONFAST

Last edited by Retrofan; 08 June 2012 at 13:00.
Old 08 June 2012, 12:59   #1400
gibs
Banned

@Jens

I'm not mad at you. Sure I'm not manufacturer, and I don't spend as much time as you on Amiga hardware.
It's just that I would have sent my Amiga motherboards for nothing.
What I have discovered is interesting enough to put us in the right way for using those screenmodes.
No I didn't solve by changing a WB setting: In my 1st video not only the backdrop has glitches but also the windows with icons.
Well, I will do some cross tests with my 2 boards and will do a full report of what I did from the begining.

PS: I haven't seen any video with the same problem I had. (horizontal glitches)