English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 24 December 2019, 10:13   #121
vulture

I love it!
I know it's just at the beginning of the development, I'd just like to ask if you plan to have more weapon variations (spreads, lasers, missiles etc).

Last edited by vulture; 24 December 2019 at 10:29.
Old 24 December 2019, 11:09   #122
invent
pixels

Awesome Richard, Merry Xmas everyone
Old 25 December 2019, 17:40   #123
jeff b00toNic

Reading Richard's comments towards disapointed members, who in my book have every right to say what they think about the game, is highly entertaining.

I'm a huge shmup fan and played a ton of shooters but the Reshoot series is just a mediocre gaming experience and sadly we have enough of these on Amiga.

So here we go at having the next (vertical) Re-shooter on Amiga, not to mention the money he's asking for.
Richard is so full of himself telling others what a prototype should look like or that a coder making a trainer for one of his games have to ask permission... ridiculous!
I think it's time to create a blog where AAA games (yes AAA considering the price) have to be tested like back in the day so he can put his money where his mouth is!

And I also think that we don't have to bow down to some developer just for creating a new Amiga game!

Last edited by jeff b00toNic; 25 December 2019 at 20:53.
Old 25 December 2019, 18:58   #124
mahen

[The following might sound overly moralistic as English is not my mother tongue and I cannot express myself in an accurate enough way]

We all happen to have peremptory opinions and to make bold statements about politics, music, movies etc. But here it's an almost face-to-face discussion with actual human beings who've been making tons of efforts and sacrifices.

So of course, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion and of course we are not a sect of blind followers :-) But, when making comments / criticizing other people's work when have to keep this in mind...

If a friend of mine showed me a minimalistic breakout clone of his own, I would already be quite impressed. Maybe he'd have had a very hard time getting to this result. I wouldn't say "oh man, there is not reason being proud at all ! Check what has been achieved in the past 3(4) decades... It's mediocre and barely enjoyable at all !".

Back to Reshoot. I'm looking forward to it ! The leap between the 1st and the 2nd one was a gigantic one, so I'm optimistic ! The best we can do here is bring support, feedback, ideas...

Last edited by mahen; 25 December 2019 at 19:08.
Old 25 December 2019, 19:14   #125
skyzoo73

Sometimes it seems to be afraid to comment on the development of the games, personally I always try to have my say not to criticize the work of willing, passionate, and competent people who try to create something. But to give a cue to those who develop for how I would like to see the games on Amiga. I don't pretend to be listened to, every developer has the sacrosanct right to make the games as he wants, and already that new ones are created is something that I respect them very much. Having said that, sometimes, if you want to sell a product it would be nice, unnecessary, but highly appreciated that some "tips" would have an impact on development. So folks we comment constructively, without mortifying anyone, without offending the commitment that these developers put into creating titles for our beloved Amigas today. Greetings and Merry Christmas.

Sorry for the English by google translator
Old 25 December 2019, 20:46   #126
Gzegzolka

Last dev video shows awesome effects, gameplay also looks fun
Old 25 December 2019, 23:53   #127
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by invent View Post
Awesome Richard, Merry Xmas everyone
And to you! Thank you very much for creating such beautiful pixels, which initiated our project in the first place!
Old 10 January 2020, 11:55   #128
buzzybee

[ Show youtube player ]

Short video of me testing PerforaTech™. Because nothing is more fun than shooting holes into things. Feel honored if you guys have a look (and like)!
Old 10 January 2020, 12:03   #129
vulture

That's very cool Richard!
Old 10 January 2020, 17:40   #130
happymondays

Looks great.
Old 10 January 2020, 17:59   #131
wiz12

That looks great, is there any way you could add small explosions where the holes form or even a sound effect?
Old 10 January 2020, 19:34   #132
thairacerjp

perfectionist ! you are the master of shoot on Amiga now well done Richard.
Old 10 January 2020, 22:58   #133
buzzybee

wiz12: There will be particles, but no explosions – would take too much blitter / cpu overhead and would also distract too much. SFX is already in place, you just can´t hear it too well right now because the whole audio ambience is not yet balanced.
Old 10 January 2020, 23:07   #134
BippyM
Global Moderator

What is wrong with the gfx?? Are they designed to look the way they do?? I can't quite put my finger on it.. They look fuzzy, or not sharp...
Old 10 January 2020, 23:30   #135
xubidoo

Not being a shoot em up fanatic, far from it tbh, lucky if i get off the 1st level in most games, so unfortunatly the price of stuff like Reshoot-R and probably this when released, is a major downside to me, while i appreciate the time and work put into these games, i feel the rather high pricepoint does put off quite a lot of the more casual type gamers like myself are not huge shooter fans but maybe would've bought the game to try it and maybe support the dev's.

But at its current price, i will pass, shame as it looks quite good, im just not willing to pay such a high price for maybe 10-15 mins of gameplay where i get stuck and then give up lol.

Old 10 January 2020, 23:48   #136
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippyM View Post
What is wrong with the gfx?? Are they designed to look the way they do?? I can't quite put my finger on it.. They look fuzzy, or not sharp...
The uploaded video is not pixelsharp, and also compressed, that´s why it looks a bit fuzzy.
Old 10 January 2020, 23:51   #137
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee View Post
The uploaded video is not pixelsharp, and also compressed, that´s why it looks a bit fuzzy.
I thought it might be something like that
Old 11 January 2020, 00:10   #138
buzzybee

Reason is that I shot the video from within a windowed UAE-System. If I used Fullscreen-mode, like I do when taking screenshots, the result would look pixelsharp. Should consider using Fullscreen for videos too.
Old 11 January 2020, 00:58   #139
nikosidis

Quote:
Originally Posted by xubidoo View Post
Not being a shoot em up fanatic, far from it tbh, lucky if i get off the 1st level in most games, so unfortunatly the price of stuff like Reshoot-R and probably this when released, is a major downside to me, while i appreciate the time and work put into these games, i feel the rather high pricepoint does put off quite a lot of the more casual type gamers like myself are not huge shooter fans but maybe would've bought the game to try it and maybe support the dev's.<br />
<br />
But at its current price, i will pass, shame as it looks quite good, im just not willing to pay such a high price for maybe 10-15 mins of gameplay where i get stuck and then give up lol.
<br />
<br />
So you are saying that the price should be low so everyone will buy it even if they don't play games like it?<br />
<br />
The key thing here is quality. There are very few Amiga games released last 20 years that have this kind of quality. If the quality was bad or only decent I would agree with you. Not to name any games but there are quite a few released recent years that are not worth much.
Game prices are quite high if you look at new games for PS4, PC. They sell a lot too. Amiga games is just a niche market. You know offer and demand. Reshoot R had just the right price I think. People that really want it buy it for the release price and I if you are not that interested it will probably come down in price in a year or two.

Last edited by nikosidis; 11 January 2020 at 01:05.
Old 11 January 2020, 01:03   #140
buzzybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by xubidoo View Post
... and maybe support the dev's.
You may always consider supporting my work by being a patron :-)
www.patreon.com/loewenstein