English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 28 December 2018, 22:10   #121
kikems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Hermans View Post
Well, I can't know that, can I? In the past we got a second prize for a spanish contest and he gave me the prize. Anyway it's absurd to discuss this now.
I remember that, a second place with a game with "stolen" graphics again.
I hope that graphics artist received his part of money prize.
Old 28 December 2018, 22:10   #122
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiE View Post
Well this is really cheap from you. Even before we find out about ripped gfx, you attacked the price of the game and now you are suggesting to pay the proper graphics artist...
I questioned the price of the digital download; was quite ok with the physical release pricing...

Anyway, how's that cheap from me? I quote what Luiscoco wrote and what my reply, which you quoted, was directed at:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiscoco View Post
Possibly if we find a graphic artist we will change them for the most part, but we can not pay for it.
...so I read this as "we want graphics for free as we don't want to pay for them".

You tell me what that means then?

Again, how much money has Amiten taken for this (even before the game was completed), yet he cannot spend some part of it employing someone to do the graphics; but instead thinks ripping them from elsewhere and claiming that he made them is cool?

That's the only "cheap" part I see... give me a break

Last edited by DamienD; 28 December 2018 at 22:50.
Old 28 December 2018, 22:13   #123
nobody

Using arcade assets was a bad decision, given Amiten's bad reputation it was sure it would end up in this mess, by having a huge hole in the armor. The engine looks solid though, the coder deserves some credit for it even if it needs 14mhz processor. If they had original graphics it would be a great product given there are almost no (original ideas) games coming out on the Amiga.
I really don't know what he thought when he made such a stupid decision, maybe he takes everything as a joke in the end. After doing the first stupid mistake he should have corrected it by selling as pay what you want with a free download to clear this mess once and for all.
Old 28 December 2018, 22:22   #124
Daedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorf View Post
only it you possess these goods already, but not if you produce them for sale!
That's not correct, in the UK and Ireland at least. In both the UK and Ireland, you can produce the goods and sell them as a private entity without registering for VAT, provided your turnover doesn't exceed a certain limit. This limit varies with the country and the nature of the product, but even in the worst case (goods manufactured without using VAT-paying materials, or providing a service), that limit is still €37,500 per year. The UK rule is simpler - if your turnover is less than £85,000 per (tax) year, you do not have to be VAT registered, though you may register voluntarily if you like.

There's no way anyone is going to make anywhere near those limits selling a few hundred games to the Amiga community. Now, the rules could be different where Amiten is selling from; I'm only familiar with the UK and Ireland rules, but it's enough to illustrate that there are wide differences from country to country.

Bear in mind as well, that within the EU, this limit only applies to sales within the country, so selling from Spain to the UK, it's the UK limit of £85,000 that applies, not the Spanish limit (that will, of course, apply to local sales in Spain).
Old 28 December 2018, 22:24   #125
Dani Hermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikems View Post
I remember that, a second place with a game with "stolen" graphics again.
I hope that graphics artist received his part of money prize.
I also remember how you insulted the event's orgnizers and judges in one of your videos because you didn't like the idea of gameplay being valued more highly than graphics in a game contest. But again, it's absurd to discuss this now, isn't it?
Old 28 December 2018, 22:31   #126
kikems

Quote:
I also remember how you insulted the event's orgnizers and judges in one of your videos because you didn't like the idea of gameplay being valued more highly than graphics in a game contest. But again, it's absurd to discuss this now, isn't it?
True, in the retroacción contest, a game with "stolen" graphics under CC license that which expressly prohibited the use for make money and your team win a money prize. Your team game and demo should be disqualified for this reasons, but the organizers preferred to look the other way, instead of correcting the error. Thanks to reasons like this your team continue with the same technique,
Old 28 December 2018, 22:42   #127
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Okay, I ordered a popcorn.
Old 28 December 2018, 22:45   #128
Dani Hermans

Quote:
True, in the retroacción contest, a game with "stolen" graphics under CC license that which expressly prohibited the use for make money and your team win a money prize. Your team game and demo should be disqualified for this reasons, but the organizers preferred to look the other way, instead of correcting the error. Thanks to reasons like this your team continue with the same technique,
If you have some problem with the way a contest is ogranized you automatically come to the conclusion that insulting them in your channel and banning people who disagree with you without any offense is the best possible approach, right?
Old 28 December 2018, 22:49   #129
Dani Hermans

Could we please go back to the topic at hand? I thought we're discussing a situation here and what the best possible outcome could be.
Old 28 December 2018, 22:52   #130
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Quote:
Could we please go back to the topic at hand? I thought we're discussing a situation here and what the best possible outcome could be.
What I said here http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=104
Old 28 December 2018, 22:53   #131
kikems

Quote:
Sure, I have commented because I am surprised when you now act with surprise about the "stolen" graphics in CocoBanana, act like it's new for you.

I can continue talking about your team progress about stolen things during last years, but really I think this is not necessary yet.
Old 28 December 2018, 22:54   #132
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
That would be this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Luiscoco, I really do feel sorry for you

You seem like a nice, decent person.

...yet here you are, having to defend Amiten i.e. Johnny Acevedo for the choices that he made.

I removed the temporary ban on Amiten many hours ago now... does he not have the balls to come back onto EAB and answer some of these outstanding questions / issues from people who were expected to purchase / support his product?
Come on Johnny; you're quite happy to take people's money / accuse me of being the reason why the game was pulled, but yet you're too much of a coward to discuss further?

Instead, you think it's a good idea to send in all your poor team members to fend off questions related to your poor choices
Old 28 December 2018, 22:56   #133
kikems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
Your statement simply is wrong and you know other teams working with more members.
Old 28 December 2018, 23:03   #134
Dani Hermans

Quote:
Sure, I have commented because I am surprised when you now act with surprise about the "stolen" graphics in CocoBanana, act like it's new for you.

I can continue talking about your team progress about stolen things during last years, but really I think this is not necessary yet.
Surprised? Nothing surprises me. Ever. Go ask yourself why I didn't want to be paid. I warned him. Make sure your licenses are ok if you want to sell it. He said: everything in order. Nothing to do with me from that point on. But it seems to me that some people believe that everyone has the same sheep mentallity and contributing to some project should make everyone who contributes accountable for the mistakes of its management.
Old 28 December 2018, 23:10   #135
kikems

Quote:
Surprised? Nothing surprises me. Ever. Go ask yourself why I didn't want to be paid. I warned him. Make sure your licenses are ok if you want to sell it. He said: everything in order. Nothing to do with me from that point on. But it seems to me that some people believe that everyone has the same sheep mentallity and contributing to some project should make everyone who contributes accountable for the mistakes of its management.

It's not the first time this has happened, that's why I'm surprised by your answer. The truth is that I think that none of this really matters to you and you only want to appear in the credits, the form does not matter.
Old 28 December 2018, 23:13   #136
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Beside all this I consider Coco Banana a good game. Excellent coding for AMOS, good music, quite a good gameplay. On the other hand I haven't seen anything much original in first 15 levels, just a generic platformer. Unfortunately graphics is not legal for a commercial game, which is a fail. For me 7/10 so far.
Old 28 December 2018, 23:17   #137
E-Penguin
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
Okay, I ordered a popcorn.
It's the gift that keeps on giving, isn't it
Old 28 December 2018, 23:19   #138
NeoHippie2016
Freak

@predseda: but better as some hate comments in some forums... Or? will the sad discussion never end?
Old 28 December 2018, 23:26   #139
kikems

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoHippie2016 View Post
@predseda: but better as some hate comments in some forums... Or? will the sad discussion never end?

As long as users applaud, justify and help a game to be managed as a scam, this will never end.

I'm exhausted for today.
Old 28 December 2018, 23:28   #140
Dani Hermans

Quote:
It's not the first time this has happened, that's why I'm surprised by your answer. The truth is that I think that none of this really matters to you and you only want to appear in the credits, the form does not matter.
It's hilarious how little you know about me and yet you dare to make that assumption. Do you see any channel advertising my name outside amiten tv? Do you see me appearing in many projects or asking around if they want my help? Do you see any facebook page or a beautiful bandcamp or spottify or whatever I may be doing anywhere around with lots of advertising? Dani Hermans, buy my stuff. Like me. Love me. Do you see any of that anywhere? I contributed in cocobanana because I already started a couple of mods for rowan, and I left the project as soon as I got to know that it was going commercial. Because I'm not a professional and I do not think anyone would even be interested in my stuff. But Amiten asked if I could help, and the project started as a free project. So I said why not. I already started this, lets just make some more of them and finish these. After I got to know that it was going commercial again I even thought about quitting, but in the end I decided to finish it simply because I saw some people actually liked the project and were donating and I din't want to leave them with nothing. You seem to think that yours is the one and only way of exemplary behaviour, but I don't even want to get started on how wrong you are on many levels about many things you think to know as facts.