English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 30 January 2008, 16:00   #121
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
the later missions of Cannon Fodder were soooo bloody hard...they still get my blood boiling
Same for me.

That was an hamburger hill remake !

I can add last ninja 2 (never past the 2nd screen), gold of the aztecs, another world.
Old 30 January 2008, 16:50   #122
DigitalQuirk

Shadow of the Beast. I got through the tree part, the well part, defeated the giant eyeballs...I worked damned hard to finish that game...and right when I thought I was going to complete it...it LOCKED UP! In fact, it LOCKED UP at the exact same place each and every time I played it. This was a store-bought commercial copy, got the T-shirt and everything.

To add insult to injury, the T-shirt shrank.

When you work so hard, you finally are ready to beat the game, and the game locks up on you, every single time, you know it's time for some "Disk torture."
Old 30 January 2008, 17:05   #123
mk1

my vote falls for anything made by readysoft!
Old 31 January 2008, 18:22   #124
MazinKaesar
Super Robot Pilot

@DigitalQuirk
Well, that's right: all the trilogy was very hard. I can add to the "hard list" even Disposable Hero and Demon's Wrath
Old 04 February 2008, 20:39   #125
Motorola Inside
Yes,Another Nostalgic

I vote for Blood Money.
So beautiful graphics but the music was irritating as the game was difficult and frustrating..

And i confirm Shadow of the Beast II. Pratically i loaded the game just to admire the wonderful intro..
Cybernetix II,other unplayable game because too difficult.
Old 04 February 2008, 20:53   #126
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Blood money what a great intro! Shame the game blew big time!
Old 04 February 2008, 21:55   #127
Charlie
. . Mouse . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
the later missions of Cannon Fodder were soooo bloody hard...they still get my blood boiling
Quite agree - still play it though.
Old 05 February 2008, 07:09   #128
goodman

Anyone ever get into Drakkhen? I must have committed 2 straught months to not getting anywhere with this game. As much as I was frustrated with it, I was addicted and obsessed with beating it. But,......I never did.
Old 05 February 2008, 08:44   #129
NLS
Ancient User

Ah Drakkhen, I couldn't believe the graphics back then (and the sky with realistic constelations etc.).

Never got far enough.
Old 12 February 2008, 08:28   #130
orange

Weird Dreams was a bit frustrating for me.
Old 12 February 2008, 10:14   #131
Monsterland

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodman View Post
Anyone ever get into Drakkhen? I must have committed 2 straught months to not getting anywhere with this game. As much as I was frustrated with it, I was addicted and obsessed with beating it. But,......I never did.

Yeah, I never got anywhere far in this game but somehow I kept coming back, there was something about this game, some sense of atmosphere, the sound, the feeling of a big strange world ready to be explored (which I never did as I kept dying after the first attacks on my weak party )
Old 15 February 2008, 00:03   #132
Muzungu_Mbaya

For me, it was Black Crypt. All went well until I got to level 16, and then I couldn't find my way out of the hole I'd fallen through. Each time, I tried avoiding it, but I ended up having to go down there but could never figure out the trick to getting out. I spent a month in the same place before finally giving up on the game.

Next was Awesome. The game was quite hard, but I kept making steady progress over the course of several months of play. Finally, I got past a level that had kept me at bay for weeks and then one of the disks got corrupted. I screamed like Darth Vader crying over some dead chick.

I'd reference the SotB games, but they were so outrageously hard, that I never got terribly vested in them. I did, however, manage to beat the 3rd one after a few months, and without cheating.

I broke a joystick over Xenon 2. I abused my Wico BOSS most unmercifully over all of the above games, and it still held up, even after beating it repeatedly against a metal chair.

Old 15 February 2008, 12:09   #133
Styx

The lost Patrol I never made it home until a year ago when I found out that it wasn´t possible with the version I was playing with.
Old 15 February 2008, 14:59   #134
NLS
Ancient User

come again?

what version is that?
Old 15 February 2008, 17:24   #135
rsn8887

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx View Post
The lost Patrol I never made it home until a year ago when I found out that it wasn´t possible with the version I was playing with.
lol bad crack I suppose?
Old 15 February 2008, 22:18   #136
Styx

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsn8887 View Post
lol bad crack I suppose?
Ahem, kind of. NLS pls have a look here http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...he+lost+patrol
Old 07 March 2008, 12:36   #137
Reaper_FBB

e-Motion. I used to love puzzlers, but the control system (like the old asteroids arcade machine) combined with the deadly time limits meant that I was verging on joystick rage within 5 minutes of starting a game...

Old 24 March 2008, 01:44   #138
Whirlwind

Rocket Ranger was very frustrating for me especially taking off with a full tank had to get timing perfect ,puting too much or too little fuel into the tanks and ending up nowhere! The fighting scenes were very difficult ,.ohh yeah and lots of disk swapping,

Rick dangerous was also frustrating trying to remember where all the traps were! ,getting too sure of yourself and walking into the same trap 50 times Arrrrgh! lol ,back to the start...great game though

Wow old games were much tougher than modern games ,3 lives and ur a gonner! with most new games they can be finished within a few days did'nt have autosave back then

Old 24 March 2008, 03:04   #139
twizzle

the most frustrating game for me is wolfchild the game play is good, yet it is so easy to DIE
Old 24 March 2008, 11:16   #140
Mungo
ATX - For Fun Not Status

Any platformer that required pixel-perfect accuracy all of the time.

Most frustrating one I ever played was Nebulus. Just remembering it makes me seethe.