English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 20 April 2006, 16:33   #121
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
If you boot the original ntsc version on a pal setting the game loads, displays the Cinemaware logo and game title and then gurus...
I wager: that is INTENDED. Many Amiga tech-gurus have told me that in 99 of 100 cases, this is NOT a hardware limitation, but an artificial obstacle done by software (e. g. checks for TV standard and if the "wrong" one is detected, game deliberately gurus (illegal mnemonics etc.))
Some guy even gave me a proof that the game runs into a deliberately implemented deadend dbf (YUCK) loop.
Old 20 April 2006, 16:40   #122
Adderly
[Satan^God]

Send a message via ICQ to Adderly
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas
I wager: that is INTENDED. Many Amiga tech-gurus have told me that in 99 of 100 cases, this is NOT a hardware limitation, but an artificial obstacle done by software (e. g. checks for TV standard and if the "wrong" one is detected, game deliberately gurus (illegal mnemonics etc.))
Some guy even gave me a proof that the game runs into a deliberately implemented deadend dbf (YUCK) loop.
Yes, i think it should guru on pal machines. Quote from the crack: "PAL/NTSC protection removed by QUARTEX"
Old 20 April 2006, 20:15   #123
demoniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adderly
We don't have a 100% cracked version right now, only the SPS versions are working. Any cracker with free time want to take care of this game???
Also, read here for more info on that game: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=114
I was able to remove the copy protection on the Cinemaware version last night...
...using Lockpick. I don't know the game well enough to claim that it's completely removed, but the WHDload/JOTD installer used Lockpick's method as well. While it might be a good cracking exercising, why reinvent the wheel is my philosophy.
Old 20 April 2006, 23:26   #124
Adderly
[Satan^God]

Happy

so, put a cracktro on the disk and release it m8! Great work, didnt' know you are a cracker! I can test it if you want, spent already some hours on this game just for Tosec renaming....
Old 21 April 2006, 11:44   #125
dirkies
Zone Friend

yeah, I am eager to test this new lockpicked version on a real amiga!
I will see if the arcade mode will still introduce the ninja straight from the start
Thanks bud!
Old 23 April 2006, 12:12   #126
demoniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adderly
Edit: The Quartex crack is bad, so is the "100%" crack from The Digital Force. Also the download from the Cinemaware website is uncracked.
BTW, The Digital Force's crk is a hacked version of QTX's. It still has the "RisingSun0: tionHLS& Ben Herndon" string from the QTX crk.
Old 23 April 2006, 15:43   #127
Adderly
[Satan^God]

Digital Force sucks. They hacked the exe, replacing the string "cracked for Pal by Quartex" with "100% version - Digital force" and added a lame bootscroller. Of course, the ingame protection is still there...
lamer!

for Tosec naming it will be:
Lords of the Rising Sun (1989)(Cinemaware)(Disk 1 of 2)(Reel 1)[cr QTX][h TDF][b bad crack].adf 7513A2B5
Old 24 April 2006, 01:48   #128
-=SPY=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordlord
Ordinarily, I wouldn't have anything but respect for these people who work for free, so that other people could enjoy or re-enjoy their favourite games. Kudos and many thanks to them.

But once in a while, very rarely, you stumble upon a game cracked/dumped so poorly that you feel like breaking the CD you put it on and smack yourself over the head for wasting 2 hours with it. Right? Or has this only happened to me?

I just come from playing 'Dragon's Lair'. The first one. (Sorry to bring this again into discussion, I know there are people who hate it, but I really like it.) The original version had 6 disks. The cracked version has 8 .adf files. But the scenes are all over the place. 'Whirlpools/Rapids' are on both disks 1 and 4, stuff that was normally on disk 6 is now on 8, 5 on 6, 5 on 4... It's really mayhem.

The first time I went through tonight, I got to the dragon. Just when Dirk was ready to throw the sword into Singe's gut, it froze. I didn't know what to do. Later, I found out that there's that message at the beginning telling you to switch to disk 6, 'cause the game doesn't tell you. Okay, it's mostly my fault, having to re-start, but it's still bad cracking, ain't it? I mean, putting 5 of the moves in the last scene in one file and 1 move in another? It's not like there just wasn't any more space on the 3.5 floppy disk, is it?

So, I went through again, and this time switched the files. It didn't do anything at first. And then, out of the blue, I see some lines flickering and the screen turned to crap. Like an incompatible PC game. I had to reset, but I'm not going to play this game again because it loads so badly... (And it's just like the PC game, only one room extra.) So, basically, it's not possible to get past the dragon's tail. [But, if anyone did, please let me know how.]

PLEASE, WRITE HERE ABOUT OTHER GAMES YOU'VE PLAYED THAT YOU FEEL ARE BADLY CRACKED. I'm very curious which other .adf files can frustrate the Amiga gamer. Thanks.

Mate... Dragons Lair was first cracked by a group called A.C.U. Australian crackers united.They released it on 8 disks and I had no problems.It also was trained by them,unlimted lives etc and movie mode.Its possible that a group from another cracked it as well cause no one was bothered to upload all those disks to bbs systems to share it.

Later...

Last edited by -=SPY=-; 24 April 2006 at 01:58.
Old 24 April 2006, 08:55   #129
blade002
Zone Friend

I want to shoot whoever cracked the only cracked version i could find of X-OUT !!!!.... It only contained 3 levels out of the 8. So i ask the question!. WHY DID THEY #@$@%@# BOTHER!!!.

It was one of the best Amiga shooters of the time, and i never came across a proper crack for it!???????
Old 25 April 2006, 02:00   #130
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002
I want to shoot whoever cracked the only cracked version i could find of X-OUT !!!!.... It only contained 3 levels out of the 8. So i ask the question!. WHY DID THEY #@$@%@# BOTHER!!!.

It was one of the best Amiga shooters of the time, and i never came across a proper crack for it!???????

Not true.

Paranoimia did two versions, the first was a preview version, then they released the full two disk version, because they cracked it in a really dumb way when they cracked it to AmigaDOS files which meant it took bloody ages to load.
Old 25 April 2006, 19:42   #131
MethodGit

Man, all these discoveries of unuseable cracks sure worry me!

And as for "no demand" for a cracked ADF version of LOTRS, surely it would come in handy for those people who use UAE4ALL and WinUAE-X (or indeed any other UAE for non-PC platforms which don't support SPS)?
Old 26 April 2006, 01:02   #132
DamienD
Banned

Here's a thread on the Cinemaware forum relating to Lords of the Rising Sun with exactly same problem we all know of...

http://www.cinemaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=979

Their suggestion, use the .ipf files (which we also know is the only solution besides WHDLoad)
Old 29 April 2006, 16:05   #133
Adderly
[Satan^God]

I have started a new thread for bad cracks. If you have found a game that is not playable please report it here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=23024
Also if you have finished a game without any bugs from the cracker/trainer please drop a note there. This will help the Tosec project to identify the good dumps/bad cracks etc.
Old 29 April 2006, 19:06   #134
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
X-Out

How can the preview version and the retail version of the two Paranoimia cracks be distinguished?
Old 29 April 2006, 20:43   #135
BippyM
Global Moderator

Complete them :P
Old 29 April 2006, 23:52   #136
demoniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoniac
I was able to remove the copy protection on the Cinemaware version last night...
...using Lockpick. I don't know the game well enough to claim that it's completely removed, but the WHDload/JOTD installer used Lockpick's method as well. While it might be a good cracking exercising, why reinvent the wheel is my philosophy.
For anyone interested I have uploaded my version of Lords of the Rising Sun to the Zone. It's PAL compatible. Yoritomo gameplay no longer starts with ninja one-shuriken-death assassination. Yoshitsune gameplay no longer has weak army, ninja assassination, followed by Yorimoto seppuku. Altho I wasn't able to complete a game to the end, I spent 6+ hours playing it. Let me know if there are any problems.

I should add that this is intended to run on the OCS machines. If you want compatibility on the latest Amiga, run WHDLoad version instead.

Last edited by demoniac; 29 April 2006 at 23:58.
Old 30 April 2006, 00:14   #137
DamienD
Banned

Nice one demoniac

6 hours of testing hey, that's more than good enough for me. I'm sure it works perfectly
Old 30 April 2006, 06:30   #138
demoniac

Just beat the Yoshitsune game. Anybody wants to volunteer for the Yoritomo one?
Old 30 April 2006, 11:36   #139
Adderly
[Satan^God]

Great work demoniac! I played for 30 mins. and still have some troubles to understand what i'm supposed to do. It's one of those games where a manual is very useful. Too bad the Cinemaware site hasn't the manual up.
Anyway, thanks for the crack!
Old 30 April 2006, 12:22   #140
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Here's the instructions.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Lords of the Rising Sun.txt (64.9 KB, 232 views)