English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 13 November 2014, 07:27   #121
zzd10h

It still crashs, i don't know how many cores it uses.

Old 13 November 2014, 08:41   #122
tlosm

@Guillaume
ummm here not, dont crash i can use the 68k side without problems if i disable the cyberstormppc rom
Old 13 November 2014, 11:24   #123
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzd10h View Post
Right, thanks to you all compiled fine. I even compiled the latest r20 of fs-uae. But now, at start it opens the window and crashs. I think that all my ROMs are well positioned but it fails [...] fs-uae: src/qemuvga/lsi53c895a.cpp :550 : void lsi_do_dma(LSIState*, int): l'assertion << s->current >> a ?chou?.
The crash happens in (cyberstorm) SCSI emulation code. Actually, it's not a crash, but rather an abort due to due an asserted condition being false. It's difficult to say what the problem is. It *could* be a configuration problem (I see for example that you don't use a recognized A4000 ROM), and it's also possible that some part of the PPC/Cyberstorm/SCSI emulation code is not currently compatible with PPC/big-endian hosts.

If it's the latter, then this is an issue which probably requires quite a bit of debugging to figure out, and I'm not the right person for that (I have no PPC computers, I don't officially support PPC hosts, and I don't have the time to spend much effort on PPC-specific issues).

EDIT: The best way to check if this is a configuration issue or a PPC / big-endian issue is to try exactly the same version / configuration / media on a x86/x86-64 host.
Old 13 November 2014, 12:57   #124
tlosm

for me only exit from the task , but qemu 2.1.2 is working great on powermac linux side .. good on macosx
Raim from MacPorts say about some patches for the qemu code for make it working on ppc and x86 macs
Old 13 November 2014, 15:17   #125
tlosm

@Frode i make a test .
made the same configuration on MacOs X (PPC) but with and without the quemu.so taken for the x86 version (just for test) and if i enable the cyberstorm roms ... The emulator crash.
the scsi of cyberstorm in the emulator are present in the FS-uae or in Qemu core? because if is the second case probably there is something in mine and guillaume configuration not right (cyb roms etc taken from the zone)

edit: cyberstorm in the fsuae code.

in case the scsi reset looklike made the emulator crash .. i can see the cyberstorm bios menu when i turnon the emulation
Attached Files
File Type: txt fs-uae.log.txt (41.8 KB, 203 views)

Last edited by tlosm; 13 November 2014 at 15:29.
Old 14 November 2014, 10:16   #126
xeno74

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your effort to try to compile an Amiga Classic PPC emulation on a PPC host. Unfortunately I don't have OS4.1 Classic, therefore I can't test this PPC emulation. Guys, your are very impressive. I like the idea to test OS4.1 Classic on my AMIGA one X1000 in the future.

Cheers,

Christian

Old 14 November 2014, 10:22   #127
tlosm

Hi Christian,
the important is have amiga os 3.9 with warpos, you can test with it some ppc programs.If will work there it will work on os 4.1 classic
Qemu-uae support kvm too :P

i forgot i see many thread about the problem of scsi emulation it look like need a diff patch for work
Old 14 November 2014, 10:37   #128
xeno74

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlosm View Post
Hi Christian,
the important is have amiga os 3.9 with warpos, you can test with it some ppc programs.If will work there it will work on os 4.1 classic
Qemu-uae support kvm too :P

i forgot i see many thread about the problem of scsi emulation it look like need a diff patch for work
Unfortunately my last Classic AmigaOS is 3.5. It's installed on my Commodore AMIGA A4000D. Since I have the NG Amiga machines, the Classic machines aren't more interesting for me. But the exception is OS4.1 Classic.

Old 14 November 2014, 10:44   #129
tlosm

@Xeno74
Ask Trevor for a copy of AmigaOS 4.1 Classic ... i dont think he will made you pay if not put a virus on his X1000
Old 14 November 2014, 11:14   #130
tlosm

@Guillaume
look like the A1200+ BlizzardPPC dont suffer with the crash of Cyberstorm.
let me know im making many test about because like on macosx reported look like
it dont boot.

@frode
i make a version of my git today cloned and compiled fsuae and:
./fs-uae --version
2.5.19dev

Last edited by tlosm; 14 November 2014 at 11:34.
Old 14 November 2014, 21:05   #131
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@tlosm 2.5.20dev commit pushed to github
Old 14 November 2014, 21:24   #132
tlosm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
@tlosm 2.5.20dev commit pushed to github
Thank you mate!
will test soon as possible

ah @ Frode
i had been made a search about the problem with the scsi of cyberstorm emulation , it look like was a qemu on windows xp 32 too problem and was resolved in past with a diff patch. Plus qemu on ipad look like had this problem too.
It is a DMA memory access error of the emulated device.

Last edited by tlosm; 14 November 2014 at 21:52.
Old 29 November 2014, 10:14   #133
tlosm

I MADE IT!!!!!
FINALLY!!!!
YEEEEEEEEEEEE

Guys im proud to say that i have the Qemu-uae core compiled for MACOSX PPC!!!!
I become creazy for weeks but it is here!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x2srrvbata...mu-uae.so?dl=0

Now is time to fix the cyberstorm crash and the a1200 ppc osx white screen
Old 30 November 2014, 23:29   #134
zzd10h

FrodeSolheim

I didn't noticed your reply earlier.
I understand that you are not using PPC and therefore you can't help me.

This configuration work fine with fs-uae on my MacOSX Intel

see : http://zzd10h.amiga-ng.org/Divers/OS4Book.JPG

To be sure I recompiled the latest fs-uae 2.5.dev and qemu-uae but unfortunately, exactly the same crash.

Nevertheless, thank you for fs-uae

Last edited by zzd10h; 01 December 2014 at 00:05.

Old 30 November 2014, 23:54   #135
tlosm

Guillaume I dont understand ... it is working ? or not on MacOsX PPc?
IF yes .. how you make it run?!?!!
i
Old 01 December 2014, 00:04   #136
zzd10h

Sorry for the false hope

It's on my MacOSX Intel (see the picture, MacBook, not iBook)

It was just to show that the same configuration worked on fs-uae for MacOSX (intel)

Edit : I have edited my previous post to avoid mistake.

Old 01 December 2014, 00:08   #137
tlosm

Ok!
i had the powerbook ad was really similar to it
i hope Christian will test my diff on X1000 if something will be better.

Guillaume your MacBook is a 64 Os right?
Old 01 December 2014, 00:20   #138
zzd10h

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlosm View Post
Guillaume your MacBook is a 64 Os right?
It's a MacBook 2006 under MacOS 10.6, it doesn't seem to support 64 bits (just checked on internet).

But please, to avoid to pollute this thread, send me a mail if you need test or info (and to say me more details about x1000 diff )

Old 03 January 2015, 15:01   #139
Romanujan

I am playing a little with the PPC (AmigaOS 4.1 FE - A4000/OS4 model in FS-UAE configuration file) support and I have some questions:

1. Is it possible to configure the FS-UAE to mimic the ZorRAM (which can be used as a very fast swap by OS4)? The 'zorro_iii_memory' option does not seem to work.

2. I have set 'uae_a2065 = slirp' option and thanks to Ethernet.lha from Aminet I was able to set the network - AmiUpdate works, so does the NetSurf. But not everything works:

2a. I am unable to access the SAMBA share of my local home network (I have tried to use the smbfs-os4.lha from the Aminet) - do I neeed to configure something else? The smbfs-68k.lha running in OS 3.9 with bsdsocket.library emulation works correctly.

2b. What's more interesting, I am unable to ping anything from within the OS4 (not even the Google) - not a single ping receives a response...

2c. Another network problem shows when I try to use TuneNet from the OS 4.1 FE CD. I am unable to use it, it always complains: Error Obtaining Station Listings

3. The option 'hard_drive_x_controller' can be used to assign the disk image to the controller. Is it possible to assign it also to unit number? For example, I would like to have the following images connected to the CyberStorm SCSI bus: hard drive image with the OS (unit 0), CD image (unit 1), hard drive image with some misc data (unit 2). As of yet I was unable to force such a configuration.

I would be grateful for any help.
Old 03 January 2015, 15:19   #140
amigafreak68k

2.)

You get with slirp a own subnet (10.0.1.0). This subnet cant directly interact with your home network. In slirp mode there are only ports for web browsing and DNS opened. For ICMP (ping) there aren't opened ports.

3.)

Change the X with the needed unit number! X is only a placeholder for unit number.

I.e.:
hard_drive_0_controller = cpuboard_scsi0
hard_drive_1_controller = cpuboard_scsi1
And so on...