English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 23 March 2009, 23:28   #121
Loedown
Precious & fragile things

Greetings,
I would hazard a guess, that the RIAA / Copyright Police are going to be far more interested in going after the MP3 sharers and alike, far more than a group of people sharing software that is no longer manufactured and in some cases has become freeware. My personal stance is, I will share anything that I have, unless it's personal and make it available for others to download and share, if I violate any terms of THIS site, then a Mod will ask me to take it down, or remove it on my behalf. If a case went to court, the judge would most likely;

A. Never have heard of an Amiga.
B. Realise pretty quickly that the machine is obsolete.
C. Flip the bird to the RIAA guy, tell them to fuck off and stop wasting court time with trivialities.

For any company, apart from the obvious Cloanto / etc, who are still making or supporting releases, then fair enough, if you use it, buy it.

Paul
Old 24 March 2009, 10:02   #122
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
No; I am simply saying why are you trying to bully people to stop distributing software that you have already illegally sold to others, thereby infringing freeware rights that explicitly state that the software should not be sold?
The german law say that i can make a cd and sell it for 2 Euro.

Quote:
By admitting that you would remove software that the authors objected to, your argument lost all credibility, since before that statement, you claimed that you had all of the required permissions through "Tony".

I think that is game, set and match, as far as I am concerned; now all you have to do is to try to convince us that black is actually white....
No. I dont would make any Users trouble. Wehn the User say it, i delete it. The german law say ists ok, but i delete it.
Old 24 March 2009, 10:45   #123
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Nice to be given the chance to remove something before someone forcibly shuts your site down huh.

If only we all had that luxury.
Old 24 March 2009, 11:02   #124
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla View Post
Nice to be given the chance to remove something before someone forcibly shuts your site down huh.

If only we all had that luxury.
you mean the site there release 3 days later again the same fullversion on the web?
Old 24 March 2009, 11:03   #125
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Never happened. I'm not an idiot.
Old 24 March 2009, 11:09   #126
AndreasM

Quote:
Never happened. I'm not an idiot.
You release on your webpage the WHDLoad fullversion of Pinball Brain damage. some days after delete you release again the same fullversion.
Old 24 March 2009, 11:12   #127
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Again I'll state 'That never happened'.

Please ensure your facts are correct before you run in with a sledgehammer taking down sites which do more good for the Amiga community than you'll ever do.
Old 24 March 2009, 11:14   #128
AndreasM

Quote:
Again I'll state 'That never happened'.
ahm, you dont release the pirate copy of Pinball Brain Damage 2x on your webpage?
Old 24 March 2009, 11:15   #129
Sensi
Unregistered User

This is neverending story.
Old 24 March 2009, 11:18   #130
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasM View Post
ahm, you dont release the pirate copy of Pinball Brain Damage 2x on your webpage?
ahm, wrong...

First it was the pirate copy of Marblelous.

Pinball Brain Damage was later
Old 24 March 2009, 11:21   #131
PWLM
He found it at the zoo..

And pointless to boot. Free, distributable software should not be profited from. Stop, end sentence, finished, build a bridge and get over it.

Again sorry to BuZz I kinda got carried away in the moment, I understand what you meant in your original post. Seriously, anyone making money of Amiga stuff these days is lucky because of how easy it is to find it elsewhere for free. And this forum should be about a single mission: to keep the Amiga culture going in a constructive and enjoyable way. This is exactly the opposite of that. All should just get drunk together, beat each other up and swap girlfriends... all better.
Old 24 March 2009, 11:22   #132
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

Andreas, you remind me of King Cnut (not sure about the spelling of that name ), the one who ordered the tide not to come in......

As for taking people's software off your CDs that complained, what about the ones you have already sold that had the software on without their permission? Surely you have breached the terms and conditions laid down by the original author, no matter what german law you try to hide behind....
Old 24 March 2009, 11:24   #133
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

I did indeed host Pinball Brain Damage for about 1 day by accident. You contacted the webhost BEFORE contacting me, giving me NO CHANCE to remove the offending FILE before my host pulled my site.

I NEVER hosted Marblelous on my UPDATE site because as I stated so politely in this post, at the time my site was an UPDATE site which started in 2004, and the Marblelous slave had not been updated since 2001. So I would have never hosted it.

So I stand by my original statement about you and your sledgehammer.
Old 24 March 2009, 11:55   #134
AndreasM

Quote:
I did indeed host Pinball Brain Damage for about 1 day by accident. You contacted the webhost BEFORE contacting me, giving me NO CHANCE to remove the offending FILE before my host pulled my site.
right. and some days later was Pinball Brain Damage again online.

and why i contact your hoster so fast? why you dont delete at the first contact what we have with you Marbleous.

i dont see any chance that you cooperate at this moment.

Quote:
I NEVER hosted Marblelous on my UPDATE site because as I stated so politely in this post, at the time my site was an UPDATE site which started in 2004, and the Marblelous slave had not been updated since 2001. So I would have never hosted it.

So I stand by my original statement about you and your sledgehammer.
You hosted the whdload-version of Marblelous. I know that you say every time isnt online. but it was online. we download and start the game.

When you have deleted the is was all ok. but you say no and we contact the hoster.
Old 24 March 2009, 11:59   #135
pmc
gone

@ Merlin - I have to agree, as a casual reader of this long and circular thread I'd come to the same conclusion: AndreasM is definitely a bit of a cnut.
Old 24 March 2009, 12:08   #136
seuden
uber cool demi god

Wow, this is pretty heated. Personally I think it's a shame that people make money from stuff they don't actually own legal or not it's still immoral, then get websites shut down because somebody is making something they own available for free. If I owned a game that was over ten years old I would be amazed that people were still playing it and you can be rest assured that I would allow it to be distributed for free. If it wasn't for the discussion between KG and AndreasM I wouldn't have even heard of the aforementioned games.
Old 24 March 2009, 12:09   #137
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

AndreasM, make up your mind.

First you say I had Pinball Brain Damage online TWICE.

Then you said you were wrong and it was actually Marblellous once.

Now again you say I hosted Pinball Brain Damage twice.

Get your accusations straight before you start muck flinging.

I did host Pinball Brain Damage ONCE. I never re-hosted it, because I had no intention of ever speaking to you again. That is a FACT.

I have no interest in hosting anything made/owned/claimed to owned by you or your company. Why would I want trouble for myself? Answer me that? I'm not an idiot.

Everytime you contacted me, I removed the offending file (if they were indeed there in the first place). You were the one who forced my site to close despite of this.

So you are the one failing to be cooperative.

Get a grip on reality.
Old 24 March 2009, 12:10   #138
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by seuden View Post
If I owned a game that was over ten years old I would be amazed that people were still playing it and you can be rest assured that I would allow it to be distributed for free.
Never a better word said.
Old 24 March 2009, 12:12   #139
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seuden View Post
Wow, this is pretty heated. Personally I think it's a shame that people make money from stuff they don't actually own legal or not it's still immoral, then get websites shut down because somebody is making something they own available for free.
We NEVER maked a webpage down with stuff where we dont have the complete Copyright. Example the fullversion what we licenced for the Amiga Future CD or webside.

A Webmaster gets only trouble when he spead illegal copies from our own commercial Software. nothing more
Old 24 March 2009, 12:16   #140
AndreasM

Quote:
AndreasM, make up your mind.

First you say I had Pinball Brain Damage online TWICE.

Then you said you were wrong and it was actually Marblellous once.

Now again you say I hosted Pinball Brain Damage twice.

Get your accusations straight before you start muck flinging.
look at the top. i correct me that it was Marblelous at first and not PBD.

Quote:
I have no interest in hosting anything made/owned/claimed to owned by you or your company.
perfect. and we have never any problems.

Quote:
Everytime you contacted me, I removed the offending file (if they were indeed there in the first place). You were the one who forced my site to close despite of this.
no. at the first time you dont delete it (Marblelous) and we contact the hoster that he delete the file. and he delete it.