English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Sprites

Old 09 August 2014, 22:52   #121
Gambit

yes I do run win 8.1 but I also have directplay installed. so still no joy

the formula makes sense. to bad that it doesn't work across the board.
The static production time is probably different per item produced. I would imagine that we can build something using tonnage,tech level but that's just thinking out loud.

It would be awesome if you could use the amiga safe games!
Old 09 August 2014, 23:09   #122
bfrnhout
Retro is the game to play

I know that fow did have the game running. Why its working with him i do not know.

I use Blitz3D as source code. Its easyer for me. Darkbasic is also possible but i have heard that this platform hase no follow up above win 7.

For Blitz3D there is a patch under way for win 8 and 8.1 but its not out yet.

For now i want to have the game working completely. Afther that maybe i wil learn a new language so i can transfere the game to a new platform that works for sure on win 8.1

I am thinking of C++. for my work i use a lot of C. So i think that going to C++ must be easy.
Old 10 August 2014, 13:02   #123
Gambit

I got it working! My original suspicion was correct. I had to disable my other monitors.
Your game looks fantastic! I hear a lot of good things about C++
Old 10 August 2014, 17:36   #124
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
I must say I am happy to see you other Deuteros fans. You might be interested that I started my own attempt at a remake of Deuteros. check it out at www.deuteros.tk. I have made references to your project because I think it's awesome.
Hi there, can you please add admin @ Indieretronews.com for press release news as I'd like to further feature your development.

Thanks
Old 10 August 2014, 21:35   #125
Gambit

Quote:
Hi there, can you please add admin @ Indieretronews.com for press release news as I'd like to further feature your development.

Thanks
Cool! I have written down your info and will notify you when I get close to a playable (Beta) version. I will use my site for the regular updates.
Old 11 August 2014, 23:09   #126
bfrnhout

Good to hear that it works. I try to work weekly to have a part finished. But due to my lack of time it wil maybe al little bit longer.

And there are some little bugs in the game. As Long as I know. You wil find them on the screen. Not in the program it self.

A lot of things is already written down and has to work out in the program. For now its look very good. I wil make a version that run on a full screen and in a windowed frame. Thats for the people who want to play but also keep a way open to windows.

The drawback on this is that i have to, Or restart the whole program. Or reload all the graphics. This part is almost ready its written outside this project.

Good job for you that you have already people who wants your program. Its a good idea to have more version. There is always one who wil work.
Old 11 August 2014, 23:13   #127
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Cool! I have written down your info and will notify you when I get close to a playable (Beta) version. I will use my site for the regular updates.
Cheers Gambit

While your there, could you do me a favour and see if you can get the soundtrack of the JukeBox playing and picture from Deuteros?
Old 12 August 2014, 01:20   #128
Gambit

As far as I know there are 4 soundtracks in the game. I will put them on the download section of www.deuteros.tk tomorrow. As for a picture there is one on my site but I will put one with the Title of the game in the download section as well.
Old 12 August 2014, 16:09   #129
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Nope none of them are there, I've been trying to search for the music played during the jukebox for the last 6 or more years and no luck.

Thanks for trying anyway
Old 12 August 2014, 16:13   #130
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
I forgot to ask, regarding this "Remake" will it be sticking to the original or will there be any enhanced features such as updated graphics, sound etc?
Old 12 August 2014, 17:09   #131
Gambit

@Neil79
Hmmm. It's good that you noticed that the music files I have are incomplete. It looks like I will be spending a few nights with the game and an action replay Don't worry I will have what you are looking for sooner or later even if I have to make it from scratch!
The remake will be as close to the original as possible. When I get that finished I will maybe look into new features,graphics,sound....

@bfrnhout
A windowed version would be a great idea. I was thinking of giving the users some degree of control in this aspect as well. I think I am going to rework the save screen from the original game and make it into a menu for resolution,sound,save,load..... Maybe I will include this in the next release and save the settings in an ini file.
Old 12 August 2014, 23:17   #132
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Great, thanks Gambit and for your time
Old 13 August 2014, 02:52   #133
Cherno

Edit: Nothing to see here :

Last edited by Cherno; 13 August 2014 at 11:04.
Old 13 August 2014, 07:14   #134
Gambit

Thanks for the article Neil79. It's great! The next version is almost ready for release and I hope to bring it online soon

I have made references to the article on my site and all the forums I visit.

Last edited by Gambit; 13 August 2014 at 09:02. Reason: -
Old 13 August 2014, 14:06   #135
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Thanks for the article Neil79. It's great! The next version is almost ready for release and I hope to bring it online soon

I have made references to the article on my site and all the forums I visit.

Damn it, you found out

You're welcome
Old 14 August 2014, 21:28   #136
bfrnhout

Gambit

I think the switch between windows andd full screen is for now the best way. And keep it to te original as close as possible. If the version is finished then there is a option to the next level of game play. I have to a couple of ideas but i have to work them out. For now I do the game in the original state including the cheats. And put some cheats of mine own.

Your version is looking good. I can wait to see the full version. For now i see some things that is nog on the right way. But i think this is because you are still building the game.
Old 17 August 2014, 21:09   #137
bfrnhout

Last friday i did have to bring out the next part. But i could not do it. While i was writing down the code i found out that i mixed up two types of drawers. The mix was PRoduction and research. Because of that i have to rewrite a lot of code to make it right. Until that is not finished the program will crashe. Nobody like that. So a little bit of patience.
Old 18 August 2014, 13:23   #138
Gambit

That sounds like a challenge. Good that you caught the problem and have a solution. I hope you get it solved soon so we can enjoy the new version
I myself have a problem that all the GFX I was using are wrong so that the game isn't full screen. It looks good in windowed mode but the black borders are really irritating me in full screen mode. So i resigned myself to redo all the GFX because just re sizing them doesn't look right. Gives me the opportunity to also get all the animations sorted.
Old 18 August 2014, 23:00   #139
bfrnhout

Thats nasty. By me it was the wrong approch of starting to program. So i got stuck on some problems and has to redo the whole program.

The full screen i do is a simple zoom in function. I draw the complet screen on a backscreen of 640 by 480, and when its done i zoom in to the reals screen format.
The zoom is not working very good, but by keeping the aspact ratio the zooming is going great. As you can see on the program you wil notice that the mouse is restricted to a designed area. That because is use a view port in where the mouse is allowed to work.

By doing as much as possible in OOP style the programming is woking good. Every function can be tested as a stand alone part.

Much more i can not give you at advice. But its good that you did see you mistake in the early state. It wil be a real pain in the ass if you discoverd it at the end of it all.
Old 22 August 2014, 09:34   #140
Gambit

I finished the animated logo yesterday complete with sound and animations I must say it's looking very nice. I especially like the new way I have found to rip the sound and animations from the emulator. I'm in the process of redoing the game GFX at the moment and I already did the main screen with it's animations of the globe, disk and timer.